Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Kaere
Sacred-Star
KapitanPrien
AngelTony
Viking
SpiritVoices
sparkly
psychoslice
Rainbow
Violet
14 posters

The things you don't like

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

The things you don't like - Page 2 Empty The things you don't like

Post  Violet Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:18 am

First topic message reminder :

How do you deal with, or try to remedy or control the aspects of yourself that you don't like very much?

For example, suppose you have a jealous streak which you know affects you in a negative way, what steps would you take to deal with that, or if you have already taken steps did it help you and what steps did you take? This could be anything you don't like, I use jealousy as an example only.

But should we even try to control or remedy these things, aren't they a part of who we are?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male
    Number of posts : 1227
    Registration date : 2010-04-08

The things you don't like - Page 2 Empty Re: The things you don't like

Post  AngelTony Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:49 pm

sparkly wrote:tony,
    i think you misread the thread dear.
    it's what you don't like about yourself.
    joanie, i met a very interesting lady of 83, and we shared some fun times...my daughter was 11 at the time and i was sick and she didn't return the library book my friend loaned me (i think because she knew i hadn't read it), after getting a late notice, the friend decided i was untrustworthy. how to explain?
    try not to write people off for small things. The things you don't like - Page 2 15910
    Sparkly dear, I never said " I " had any common sense! I am including myself. The things you don't like - Page 2 809779
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female
    Number of posts : 989
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  sparkly Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:46 am

lol joanie.
    aw angel tony. you so cute!
    KapitanPrien

Male
    Number of posts : 274

Post  KapitanPrien Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:53 pm

How do you deal with, or try to remedy or control the aspects of yourself that you don't like very much?

For example, suppose you have a jealous streak which you know
    affects you in a negative way, what steps would you take to deal with
    that, or if you have already taken steps did it help you and what steps
    did you take? This could be anything you don't like, I use jealousy as an example only.

But should we even try to control or remedy these things, aren't they a part of who we are?

I've used essences and have found them most helpful since they work on the subconscious level. But I have to agree in a strange way with the last part in that I like to fully embrace my 'human-ness' - the good, bad, and the ugly. This is where the 'Shadow Self' integration comes in. And all too often, I think that because I'm actually 'doing' this rather than just blabbing about it, that a number of 'spiritual' people don't like me and oddly enough these are the same ones who go on talking about 'reflections'/'mirrors'/'shadow self'. On your forum there is a thread I have with the Shadow Self info. that I've collected. So it is like I am no stranger to this.

Yet - I also think some spiritual people take this to extremes which is unhealthy. I don't believe that the whole 'Shadow' thing can be applicable to every single eentsy weentsy situation.

I have noticed in my travels through spiritual forums/groups/boards that a number of people don't like me because I 'live' my human-ness out rather than trying to repress it. I accept that dark part and embrace it rather than trying to repress it and judge it.

Because I accept my 'ruthlessness' and my other so-called 'undesirable' traits (according to some spiritual folks) that actually puts me on the 'alienation path'.

Hope that made sense... The things you don't like - Page 2 160943
    Sacred-Star
    Sacred-Star

Female
    Number of posts : 213
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post  Sacred-Star Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:18 pm

KapitanPrien wrote:

For example, suppose you have a jealous streak which you know
    affects you in a negative way, what steps would you take to deal with
    that, or if you have already taken steps did it help you and what steps
    did you take? This could be anything you don't like, I use jealousy as an example only.

I've used essences and have found them most helpful since they work on the subconscious level. But I have to agree in a strange way with the last part in that I like to fully embrace my 'human-ness' - the good, bad, and the ugly. This is where the 'Shadow Self' integration comes in. And all too often, I think that because I'm actually 'doing' this rather than just blabbing about it, that a number of 'spiritual' people don't like me and oddly enough these are the same ones who go on talking about 'reflections'/'mirrors'/'shadow self'. On your forum there is a thread I have with the Shadow Self info. that I've collected. So it is like I am no stranger to this.

Yet - I also think some spiritual people take this to extremes which is unhealthy. I don't believe that the whole 'Shadow' thing can be applicable to every single eentsy weentsy situation.

I have noticed in my travels through spiritual forums/groups/boards that a number of people don't like me because I 'live' my human-ness out rather than trying to repress it. I accept that dark part and embrace it rather than trying to repress it and judge it.

Because I accept my 'ruthlessness' and my other so-called 'undesirable' traits (according to some spiritual folks) that actually puts me on the 'alienation path'.

Hope that made sense... The things you don't like - Page 2 160943

Yeah it made sense The things you don't like - Page 2 28115

I'd say that people feel threatened by you as you are different. Whether in the spiritual societies or non spiritual folks feel threatened by those that are different.
    There are spiritual 'norms' however much folks on spiritual path try to believe or show others that they are different, numerous people follow these spiritual norms. There are 'unspoken' rules even in the spiritual paths, and just like any other path, if ya don't fit into a specific spiritual category, if you think or live differently to them, then you are alienated.
    I say go for the shadow self integration-if folks are bothered about it then let them be bothered (ok well maybe I didn't understand your post and have totally missed the point). Anyway it is your truth that matters.

Me I always manage to alienate myself-either on a forum or in my everyday life. Simply because I cannot hang around/agree with/subscribe to the group collective-whether spiritual or non-spiritual.

Sometimes I wish I could just relax and take it easy and just let folks get on with what they are doing, but I cannot just stand by and see folks being false to themselves and dragging others into their false-selves. Sometimes I wish I could let it go but there is something within me that struggles when I try to contain or hold the truth.

Then after a while of worrying and ranting and thinking and re-thinking, I come to the decision that I'm actually really fine just the way I am, that I'm actually a really cool person and that there is nobody I would like to be like to be honest.
    Other times I look into what it is I don't like and have figured some of it out/analysed it and have moved on.
    KapitanPrien

Male
    Number of posts : 274

Post  KapitanPrien Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:53 pm

Yeah it made sense The things you don't like - Page 2 28115

Oh good! The things you don't like - Page 2 349308

I'd
    say that people feel threatened by you as you are different. Whether in
    the spiritual societies or non spiritual folks feel threatened by those
    that are different.

I think that is what it is. I don't follow the 'stereotypical' 'lightworker path'. I do not even call myself a 'lightworker' and don't want the label placed upon me. I guess I just find myself a bit surprised that people would feel threatened by me considering we can all find a common ground in that we're all involved in this 'spiritual' thing, even if in our own way. But, I guess it is because of my focus on dealing with the subconsciousness and the 'darkness'. Like the one essence in the blend I will be getting states - about knowing the dark but not being 'of' the dark. I guess that would describe me in a sense. The things you don't like - Page 2 588401

There are spiritual 'norms' however much folks
    on spiritual path try to believe or show others that they are different,
    numerous people follow these spiritual norms. There are 'unspoken'
    rules even in the spiritual paths, and just like any other path, if ya
    don't fit into a specific spiritual category, if you think or live
    differently to them, then you are alienated.

I fully agree with that. I've found myself alienated on several subjects. The things you don't like - Page 2 63420

I say go for the shadow
    self integration-if folks are bothered about it then let them be
    bothered (ok well maybe I didn't understand your post and have totally
    missed the point). Anyway it is your truth that matters.

Thanks for understanding. The things you don't like - Page 2 348985 Yeah I agree with you though - it's my truth in the end that matters. The things you don't like - Page 2 28115

Me I
    always manage to alienate myself-either on a forum or in my everyday
    life. Simply because I cannot hang around/agree with/subscribe to the
    group collective-whether spiritual or non-spiritual.

That description of yourself describes me to a 'T'. The things you don't like - Page 2 733510

Sometimes I
    wish I could just relax and take it easy and just let folks get on with
    what they are doing, but I cannot just stand by and see folks being
    false to themselves and dragging others into their false-selves.
    Sometimes I wish I could let it go but there is something within me that
    struggles when I try to contain or hold the truth.

Same here with the containing or 'holding' the truth of oneself. As for others, I can't be bothered with them if they aren't going to be true to themselves. I don't care to play those games...that's not why I am here. I would rather 'deal' with someone who, while I may not agree with them, are 'genuine'...rather than being like 'play doh' and letting themselves be changed by people just to please them.

Then after a
    while of worrying and ranting and thinking and re-thinking, I come to
    the decision that I'm actually really fine just the way I am, that I'm
    actually a really cool person and that there is nobody I would like to
    be like to be honest.

Same here. Like I said in another thread, I haven't changed since '41. I only had a 9th grade education, but despite that...I'm good at what I do, I get the job done...etc. I think the fact that I can't get into those 'heavy' (deep) discussions like most spiritual folks can, I'm a sort of 'cast away'... you know...I don't have that sort of 'intellect' to go off and impress people with. The things you don't like - Page 2 8224

Other times I look into what it is I don't like and have figured some of it out/analysed it and have moved on.

Same here - that's what the essences have helped with too. The things you don't like - Page 2 28115
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:49 pm

If I was meet you all face to face,say in a person to person gathering,

Can you imagine that, a forum meet up The things you don't like - Page 2 809779 I wonder who would come (not that it would be realistically possible for us all to meet up.)

sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:45 am

glad those essences are working out!
    hey vi, i have this crazy idea that in the near future, after the changes, we will be able to meet people from vast distances. i have this fantasy of having fun times camping out and holidaying with my weird internet friends with drinks and food and awesome companionship. i hope i'm right. it is a beautiful vision.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:15 pm

Hi Sparkly a forum camp sounds great, we could sit round a camp fire telling real ghost stories The things you don't like - Page 2 809779

Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Post  Kaere Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:23 pm

sparkly wrote:glad those essences are working out!
    hey vi, i have this crazy idea that in the near future, after the changes, we will be able to meet people from vast distances. i have this fantasy of having fun times camping out and holidaying with my weird internet friends with drinks and food and awesome companionship. i hope i'm right. it is a beautiful vision.

So do I! Specifically, of everyone sitting around a campfire.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:56 pm

I'm going to try and find a campfire image The things you don't like - Page 2 809779 so we can have a virtual forum camp thread where we can squabble over sleeping bags and scare each other silly with ghost stories and eat lots of beans The things you don't like - Page 2 809779

Rainbow
    Rainbow

Female
    Number of posts : 1292
    Job/hobbies : Job; playing with my dogs. Hobbies; playing with my dogs lol
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  Rainbow Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:55 pm

I hate it when my hands get all dithery and the cig I'm making ends up everywhere, or when my fingers are too clean and it's impossible to roll one sigh........ Btw, if Miss Violet is troffing beans I'm on the other side of the campsite The things you don't like - Page 2 79950

The things you don't like - Page 2 415540 There is always a bright side to every situation, you just have to look for it. The things you don't like - Page 2 415540

Post  Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:04 pm

Camp fires and stories of ghosties and other things that go bump in the night are always good! I'll bring a selection of things to set fire to on the fire and then eat! The things you don't like - Page 2 809779
    Rainbow
    Rainbow

Female

Post  Rainbow Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:44 pm

I've not heard a good ghost story for donkeys years. I think the last one I heard was about a lunatic with a hook killing a woman in a car and to be quite honest it wasn't all that scary to me. I was a kid when I heard that one... Sigh..... None of them ever made me squeal. Anybody got any good ones?

The things you don't like - Page 2 415540 There is always a bright side to every situation, you just have to look for it. The things you don't like - Page 2 415540
    Rainbow
    Rainbow

Female

Post  Rainbow Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:17 pm

Answering the house phone The things you don't like - Page 2 257922 I loathe answering it, it's always some twerp on the other end either looking for someone I've never heard of or some other twerp trying to sell me something The things you don't like - Page 2 257922
    I've started answering it in silly voices and with silly statements but I'm running out of good ones now. Anybody got any ideas on silly ways to answer the phone? I don't get rude or offensive I just get silly The things you don't like - Page 2 114597

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:17 pm

I variously pretend to be the local takeaway, NASA H.Q., posing as an IVR, or something more risque, such as pretending I'm the chief mistress at a house of horizontal refreshment!! The things you don't like - Page 2 809779

That said, I'm always polite to call centre peeps - it's rare for them to hear a kind voice. Years ago I worked in one of those places (incoming, not outgoing). Bloody awful. It is true that they're the workhouse of the modern age.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:26 pm

Yeah you got to feel for them at the end of the day, they've a living to earn, abuse screeched down the phone several times a day has got to be soul destroying, I tend to ask them where they got my number from as we are on the telephone preference thing, they usually apologise and say they'll take us off their list.

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:44 pm

Violet wrote:Yeah you got to feel for them at the end of the day, they've a living to earn, abuse screeched down the phone several times a day has got to be soul destroying, I tend to ask them where they got my number from as we are on the telephone preference thing, they usually apologise and say they'll take us off their list.

Yeah - I do the same. Signing up to TOPS was easy and it's pretty much stopped them all anyway.
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:57 pm

re the ghost stories, i thought joan rivers and carrie fisher's offerings on celebrity ghost stories worthwhile The things you don't like - Page 2 577431
    re the campfire, let's not forget the grog/ piss/ alchy/ whiskey and gin! The things you don't like - Page 2 809779 don't know any other colloquialisms ....
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:00 am

booze The things you don't like - Page 2 809779

sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:07 am

i just knew you had offered that one vi!
    (just so you know i don't say piss, but it can be australian to say "on the piss" or a "piss up" or a "pisshead"- big drinker The things you don't like - Page 2 368832 )

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:08 am

pop! The things you don't like - Page 2 809779
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 am

i didn't know that one. so does soda pop mean sweet drinks like coke then?

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:32 am

sparkly wrote:i didn't know that one. so does soda pop mean sweet drinks like coke then?

Pop usually infers a soft drink, but between adults it can also refer to alcoholic stuff. "He's been on the pop again!...."
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:55 am

sparkly wrote:i just knew you had offered that one vi!
    (just so you know i don't say piss, but it can be australian to say "on the piss" or a "piss up" or a "pisshead"- big drinker The things you don't like - Page 2 368832 )

We use those in the uk, when we're drunk we 'are pissed' but in the US that means annoyed or angry, we say 'pissed off' for angry here The things you don't like - Page 2 809779

AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male
    Number of posts : 1227
    Registration date : 2010-04-08

Post  AngelTony Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:00 am

Violet wrote:
    sparkly wrote:i just knew you had offered that one vi!

We use those in the uk, when we're drunk we 'are pissed' but in the US that means annoyed or angry, we say 'pissed off' for angry here The things you don't like - Page 2 809779
    Some on this web site get me pissed, but then again I am feeling to much booze when I tune in, so that means I am just drunk! Good, I dont want anyone to get pissed off here!! The things you don't like - Page 2 809779 The things you don't like - Page 2 15910

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:04 am