Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Morning meditation

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Morning meditation Empty Morning meditation

Post  Violet Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:52 pm

Reading another thread gave me the idea for this one, some of you were saying how you sometimes fall asleep when meditating, have you tried meditating in a morning?

Is there anyone here who regularly meditates in the morning? And if so do you find it better or easier than later in the day, is this because you haven't got the days events swirling in your mind or just that you're more alert?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Morning meditation Empty Re: Morning meditation

Post  innerlight Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:58 pm

Violet wrote:Reading another thread gave me the idea for this one, some of you were saying how you sometimes fall asleep when meditating, have you tried meditating in a morning?

Is there anyone here who regularly meditates in the morning? And if so do you find it better or easier than later in the day, is this because you haven't got the days events swirling in your mind or just that you're more alert?

I have meditated at both times of the day.. I found that my regular morning meditation sessions were better than the night meditation sessions. As I was more apt to meditate in the mornings than at night. At the end of the day I kept not wanting to meditate, as I would be unwinding, or enjoying the night. Getting ready for sleep etc. I found it easier to stick to doing the morning sessions than the evening ones.

At this time I am not currently meditating.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:40 am

I'm not sure I could meditate in a morning but to be fair I can't remember trying, i'm usually sleepy in a morning for a good couple of hours, if I wake up fresh one day I might give it a go, i'm more alert in the morning in the summer months.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:13 pm