Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Seekerofsolace
avianscepter
partofme
Agartha
Thunder Bow
Nashitheki
Native spirit
whitewing
PEACE
Auras123
Wisa'ka
innerlight
ZombieChaser
Violet
18 posters

Native American Indians

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Native American Indians - Page 2 Empty Native American Indians

Post  Violet Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:32 am

First topic message reminder :

Are noted for their spirituality, many people have Native American Indian spirit guides, i'm researching this vast subject at the moment and hope to post some information here for you soon but for starters I was fascinated to read of certain Indians 'turning into arrows' and 'travelling,' sometimes for great distances, naturally I know they didn't literally morph into arrows but is this their way of remote viewing or astral travel, what are your thoughts on this or anything else you may have read or heard about their spiritual beliefs/practices?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Seekerofsolace
    Just joined

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2013-12-06

Native American Indians - Page 2 Empty Re: Native American Indians

Post  Seekerofsolace Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:16 pm

I am slowly trying to learn about Native American culture.  It is just fascinating to me.  Maybe it is because some of my ancient relatives were Cherokee :D.  A few drops of Native blood is all I can really claim though.  I am just a white guy who's heart would like to be Native :).  Hi Wisa'ka been looking for you, was a fan of your posts on the "other" forum.  I would like to learn all I can from the Indian elders here.  I am not looking to be a "wannabe" or copy Native religions, but I want to find my own medicine.
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male
    Number of posts : 800
    Job/hobbies : Reactivated
    Registration date : 2013-12-02

Post  Thunder Bow Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:24 pm

Seekerofsolace wrote:I am slowly trying to learn about Native American culture.  It is just fascinating to me.  Maybe it is because some of my ancient relatives were Cherokee :D.  A few drops of Native blood is all I can really claim though.  I am just a white guy who's heart would like to be Native :).  Hi Wisa'ka been looking for you, was a fan of your posts on the "other" forum.  I would like to learn all I can from the Indian elders here.  I am not looking to be a "wannabe" or copy Native religions, but I want to find my own medicine.
    Welcome. Feel free to talk to me in private E. mail, for you have my address. It is not about blood quota. It is all learned. You see, I even have to teach my people to be "Indian" lol Give Hi Wisa'ka my E. Mail address and tell him I moved over to here.

We can continue our discussion of the Vision Quest and Medicine Wheel here.
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male

Post  Thunder Bow Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:41 pm

avianscepter wrote:I am part native but I think of them as country folk.  I do not claim it either because I lived in the city all my life and it is a popular city in America.  I think it is a spit in the face to uncle Sam.  I visited the Pueblo grounds in Arizona.  It was an ancient colony.  It looks like a cool pit in the ground with water below.  I also saw a elk or something staring at me and my lover hiding in some shubbery at the end of the small hike.
    Was your "Lover" chewing on the shrubbery? Did you go for a swim?
    Wisa'ka
    Wisa'ka

Male
    Number of posts : 285
    Registration date : 2012-03-26

Post  Wisa'ka Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:12 pm

"I am slowly trying to learn about Native American culture.  It is just fascinating to me.  Maybe it is because some of my ancient relatives were Cherokee :D.  A few drops of Native blood is all I can really claim though.  I am just a white guy who's heart would like to be Native :).  Hi Wisa'ka been looking for you, was a fan of your posts on the "other" forum.  I would like to learn all I can from the Indian elders here.  I am not looking to be a "wannabe" or copy Native religions, but I want to find my own medicine"

Are you certain you want my input? 

I don't want to see you at odds with the other members here for conversing with me.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:42 am

Wisa'ka wrote:"I am slowly trying to learn about Native American culture.  It is just fascinating t.....................osts on the "other" forum.  I would like to learn all I can from the Indian elders here.  I am not looking to be a "wannabe" or copy Native religions, but I want to find my own medicine"

Are you certain you want my input?  I don't want to see you at odds with the other members here for conversing with me.

Members shouldn't ever be at odds for speaking with other members so why would conversing with you cause other members a problem?  

Members who've been around here in the longer term, however, may remember your intolerance and anger over certain topics which might again become divisive.
    OpalMoon
    OpalMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 51
    Job/hobbies : psp graphics, paranormal researching/investigating, road trips, gardening, camping, fishing, photography
    Registration date : 2012-12-04

Post  OpalMoon Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:33 am

I am Cherokee/Italian. I would love to know more about my heritage.  :astar:   :flo:  My mother was Italian and my father Cherokee. I was adopted and not raised knowing about my heritage until later in life.   
    Wisa'ka
    Wisa'ka

Male

Post  Wisa'ka Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:21 pm

mac wrote:
    Wisa'ka wrote:"I am slowly trying to learn about Native American culture.  It is just fascinating t.....................osts on the "other" forum.  I would like to learn all I can from the Indian elders here.  I am not looking to be a "wannabe" or copy Native religions, but I want to find my own medicine"

Are you certain you want my input?  I don't want to see you at odds with the other members here for conversing with me.

Members shouldn't ever be at odds for speaking with other members so why would conversing with you cause other members a problem?  

Members who've been around here in the longer term, however, may remember your intolerance and anger over certain topics which might again become divisive.

Get bent, mac. My reply wasn't to you, so mind your own business
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:38 am

Wisa'ka wrote:
    mac wrote:

Get bent, mac. My reply wasn't to you, so mind your own business

Ah you made it back eventually and read what I wrote. 

It's not relevant to whom your reply was made and you can not dictate about what subject - and to which member - I may respond. 

Don't agree with the points I made earlier?  Factually incorrect were they? 

I think not.....
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:56 pm

I have a friend on another site who married a Native American.
    They were very much in love and she lost him to the injuries he suffered through the Vietnam war.  

She had a dreadful time trying to claim a war pension from his time in the army.   I cannot relate more on here,because it is confidential.

But she did manage at least to get a gravestone put on his grave!

She is not Native American but still lives on the reservation....
    ...and proud to do so!
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male

Post  Thunder Bow Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:37 pm

What great Nation in AZ? There are more than one.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:16 pm

avianscepter wrote:Thank you Spiritvoices for telling your story.  It helps me out but I think negative of it.  I am NOT a part of the great nation in Arizona and my father died with papers on hand that proved that my grandmother was full native.  I don't care.  I whisper it because the wind carries many secrets I don't .....care  ... I want a honey scone.. no no .... I don't care..............................shhhhh....... shhhhh...... did you hear it country folk..... shhhhhh........................................the raven................shhh...........................shhhh....................................

Spritvoices, for friend's lover was adopted into the tribe if it was a tribal marriage............. that is probably why no collection may not be possible.................if it was military then it can cross over as a pension would............... shhhhh.....................................shhhh.............................
    She had a lot of problems...First she was told there were no records of him ever being in the army,she took it further and a little success.
    As I said she managed to get a pension...I think!   And the gravestone....
    Wisa'ka
    Wisa'ka

Male

Post  Wisa'ka Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:23 pm

"Ah you made it back eventually and read what I wrote.  

It's not relevant to whom your reply was made and you can not dictate about what subject - and to which member - I may respond.  

I think not....."

To me this is not a competition to best anyone. 

Here at a community where I am not even allowed to post on my own "diary" thread, the sense of disdain is quite evident. It is what it is. Surely upon my arrival here some time ago, if I would of gone along with the new age interpretation of what is called "Native American Spirituality"everything probably would of been just peachy, but that interpretation is not what I or many other indigenous people see as being factual. Being accepted by the people here is not worth playing into falsehoods.

Being punished for being traditional is not new.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:10 pm

Wisa'ka wrote:"Ah you made it back eventually and read what I wrote.  

I think not....."

To me this is not a competition to best anyone. 

Here at a community where I am not even allowed to post on my own "diary" thread, the sense of disdain is quite evident. It is what it is. Surely upon my arrival here some time ago, if I would of gone along with the new age interpretation of what is called "Native American Spirituality"everything probably would of been just peachy, but that interpretation is not what I or many other indigenous people see as being factual. Being accepted by the people here is not worth playing into falsehoods.

Being punished for being traditional is not new.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose... 
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:01 pm

avianscepter wrote:Thank you Spiritvoices for telling your story.  It helps me out but I think negative of it.  I am NOT a part of the great nation in Arizona and my father died with papers on hand that proved that my grandmother was full native.  I don't care.  I whisper it because the wind carries many secrets I don't .....care  ... I want a honey scone.. no no .... I don't care..............................shhhhh....... shhhhh...... did you hear it country folk..... shhhhhh........................................the raven................shhh...........................shhhh....................................

Spritvoices, for friend's lover was adopted into the tribe if it was a tribal marriage............. that is probably why no collection may not be possible.................if it was military then it can cross over as a pension would............... shhhhh.....................................shhhh.............................
    Puts her finger to her lips.... :thanku:
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:03 pm

avianscepter wrote:I can not speak for them, but I think there is this strange image of natives from the reservations.  They probably think you all wear ceremonial stuff all the time.  You know feathers in the hair and saying "How" and doing little hop scotches on the streets.  This is what I do know about some tribe.  They had special missions during World War II with a special com language that the axis could not decipher because of its base of nature.  I believe they integrated in too because they wanted to know how they got that language out.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_talker
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:35 pm

wisa ka who told you you couldnt have your own thread?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Wisa'ka
    Wisa'ka

Male

Post  Wisa'ka Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:04 am

Violet wrote:wisa ka who told you you couldnt have your own thread?

"I'm locking this down and may temporarily remove it one I know the OP has read this notice, things are getting heated here this is not the way of this forum and I need time to study everything"

Oh you mean temporarily in the same way the English told the people of Tsenacommacah when asked how long they were staying on what is now called Jamestown Island?

It's alright Violet, some of us know a little how the Yengeese operate.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:05 am

What a sourpuss - wonder why this member bothers to visit even on the odd occasion he does?
    Wisa'ka
    Wisa'ka

Male

Post  Wisa'ka Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:00 am

mac wrote:What a sourpuss - wonder why this member bothers to visit even on the odd occasion he does?

Odd occasion izzz?

And this from one who first saw the light of day after plopping out of a sourpuss. Did the doctor slap you on the arse or bean your already misshapen head with a ball pein hammer?

Happy spring macster.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:04 am

Wisa'ka wrote:
    mac wrote:What a sourpuss - wonder why this member bothers to visit even on the odd occasion he does?

Odd occasion izzz?

And this from one who first saw the light of day after plopping out of a sourpuss. Did the doctor slap you on the arse or bean your already misshapen head with a ball pein hammer?

Happy spring macster.
    Oh you little jester!   You are on form this Easter season!  Oh, sorry, injuns don't do Easter....   :love:   :happy:

"bean my already misshapen head" you ask...?  "bean"?

Is 'bean' an NDN verb then?   :happy:
    Wisa'ka
    Wisa'ka

Male

Post  Wisa'ka Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:40 pm

Are you digging on the lingo, mac?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content