Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

The things people do..

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

The things people do.. Empty The things people do..

Post  Violet Sun May 17, 2009 11:41 pm

to each other beggars belief, i've been researching a lot of world history lately and a lot of the atrocities have been shocking, I know there are things going on today but some of the sick and twisted things in the past are appaling and it makes you wonder just what was going on in their heads to think up such sick things, this also gets me about certain horror films I know most of those are fictional but it's quite disturbing the way some human minds think

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

The things people do.. Empty Re: The things people do..

Post  innerlight Mon May 18, 2009 12:19 am

Interesting post count you have...

Yes, people have done terrible things, and some still do. Most are just lost, and misguided. Look at kids. A majority of them didn't start as "bad" they were just conditioned and taught to be that way. Pick it up from others. Picked on for being good, and mocked for the way they are. It can lead a person to rebel to "change" themselves to fit in. Or be someone they aren't.

Sometimes we tell ourselves to repress things. Our emotions, our feelings. repress the ego. You must be good. Repress the bad. Repress the darkness. Instead of learning balance. We are told to only be one way. You can only repress something for so long before it snaps back and when it does it's usually going to be nasty.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon May 18, 2009 1:19 am

I hadn't noticed til you said 1111 :giggles:
    Yeah I appreciate all you've said there and we all have our 'bad' moments but most of us know where that line is and not to cross it. I suppose being in war zones and things alters the way you think to a degree especially if you are constantly worried for your own life. I suppose others are just 'sick' or as you say some may be conditioned that way.

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Mon May 18, 2009 1:46 am

The other thing is that people aren't doing it for fun, most times.. They are doing it because they are thinking in there own way that they are doing what is good for all. They think they are doing the right thing. Unfortunately what they think is the right thing, is not always the right thing.

When you look at those that are doing "Gods" work and feel that it's "Gods" work to purge the world of injustice, and evil. They are not evil in themselves. They are just misguided, and feel that are doing the good thing.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon May 18, 2009 2:01 am

Misguided is an excellent word choice and describes a lot of it exactly.
    So many over time have turned 'god's work' to their own advantage and have used it for power and greed, I can't understand how people can do those things to other living beings, it's awful.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:42 am