Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
SpiritVoices
Left Behind
Violet
7 posters

The Seven Principles of Spiritualism

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

The Seven Principles of Spiritualism Empty The Seven Principles of Spiritualism

Post  Violet Mon May 18, 2009 1:28 am

Spiritualism ~ The Seven Principles

1) The Fatherhood of God

2) The Brotherhood of Man

3) The Communion of Spirits and the Ministry of Angels

4) The Continuous Existance of the Human Soul

5) Personal Responsibily

6) Compensation and Retribution Hereafter for all the Good or Evil Deeds done on Earth

7) Eternal Progress open to Every Human Soul

For further expansion on the seven principles please follow this link which explains in a little more detail each principle:

http://www.pathwaytospirit.co.uk/7-principles-of-spiritualism.htm

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Left Behind

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2012-02-08

The Seven Principles of Spiritualism Empty Re: The Seven Principles of Spiritualism

Post  Left Behind Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:58 pm

Thanks for posting this, Violet!

Jim
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

The Seven Principles of Spiritualism Empty Re: The Seven Principles of Spiritualism

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:28 pm

True,Violet.
    We have that framed and hung on one of the walls in our spiritualist church.

I would love a copy of that to hang in my bedroom at home.
    Joanie :asmile:

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:27 pm

That's easy done Joanie if you have a printer and some kind of writing thingy on your computer, you can select your own lettering and size, print it off on any colour paper you like and slip it in a clip frame, if my printer worked I'd gladly do it for you.The Seven Principles of Spiritualism 821538

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:32 pm

Sorry I'm late in answering this,Violet but been away for few days.

I have a brand new printer I haven't used yet! The Seven Principles of Spiritualism 160943

Will have a little practise first then have a go at that.

Let's see how I do.

Thanks Violet.

The Seven Principles of Spiritualism 21581

Joanie xx
    mayflow
    mayflow

Number of posts : 894
    Job/hobbies : Electronics, RF energy, test equipment
    Registration date : 2013-12-03

The Seven Principles of Spiritualism Empty Does this relate to the 7 Consciousnesses?

Post  mayflow Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:32 pm

I think modern day psychology basis the subconscious idea on Freud - but I like the Buddha's idea of it better. He called it the Alaya consciousness somewhere around 2,500 years ago, and it is where dreams and many other things spring from in the mind.

The alaya consciousness or storehouse consciousness is the place where all the actions and experiences in this life and the previous lives generated by the seven consciousnesses are stored as karma, being the only consciousness which comes along with every birth. This consciousness influences at the same time the workings of the other seven consciousnesses.

We take this alaya consciousness with us in all our births in the various realms of existence. It contains the seeds of various types of karma, and it is the storehouse of the habitual karmic tendencies that we have cultivated for eons. Because of the karmic seeds contained in the alaya consciousness one may be influenced in ways that the conscious mind cannot comprehend. So strong is the influence of the alaya consciousness. ..
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:19 pm

mayflow wrote:I think modern day psychology basis the subconscious idea on Freud - but I like the Buddha's idea of it better. He called it the Alaya consciousness somewhere around 2,500 years ago, and it is where dreams and many other things spring from in the mind.

The alaya consciousness or storehouse consciousness is the place where all the actions and experiences in this life and the previous lives generated by the seven consciousnesses are stored as karma, being the only consciousness which comes along with every birth. This consciousness influences at the same time the workings of the other seven consciousnesses.

We take this alaya consciousness with us in all our births in the various realms of existence. It contains the seeds of various types of karma, and it is the storehouse of the habitual karmic tendencies that we have cultivated for eons. Because of the karmic seeds contained in the alaya consciousness one may be influenced in ways that the conscious mind cannot comprehend. So strong is the influence of the alaya consciousness. ..

yeah, right!
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:39 pm

http://www.ncf.net/8%20consciousnesses.htm
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:39 pm

mayflow wrote:http://www.ncf.net/8%20consciousnesses.htm
    Got that saved somewhere on my comp.   After 'seeing' and 'hearing' for many years now,but only when I am drifting off to sleep.  (I don't see and hear when I am awake)  I was told that spirit find it easier to come through to me in between the two conditions.   Reason being is the body and mind is in a more relaxed state.

Incidently,that is the first contact from spirit for quite a while.
    suninleo
    Just joined

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2015-02-23

Post  suninleo Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:41 am

Mayflow are you describing Intuition?
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:23 am

suninleo wrote:Mayflow are you describing Intuition?
    That seems a good understanding, yes.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:19 am

mayflow wrote:I think modern day psychology basis the subconscious idea on Freud - but I like the Buddha's idea of it better. He called it the Alaya consciousness somewhere around 2,500 years ago, and it is where dreams and many other things spring from in the mind.

Do you have a good book that you can recommend that explains more about this please? I have Freud but nothing on Buddhism and Alaya.
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:44 pm

Crystal wrote:

Do you have a good book that you can recommend that explains more about this please? I have Freud but nothing on Buddhism and Alaya.
    Here are some links. One of them you download a book in PDF I think. 

http://amida-ji-retreat-temple-romania.blogspot.com/2011/12/alaya-storehouse-consciousness-and.html

http://www.sgilibrary.org/search_dict.php?id=41

https://www.academia.edu/1968739/Alaya-vijnana_Storehouse_Consciousness
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:30 pm

thank-you

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:59 am