Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
OpalMoon
Native spirit
feather
Violet
shayn
Karin
SpiritVoices
11 posters

Feeling Empathy when Entering different Sites.

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Feeling Empathy when Entering different Sites. Empty Feeling Empathy when Entering different Sites.

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:55 pm

We all probably use many different sites.

Does anyone here ever 'feel' different feelings about some of the sites we enter?

No names please,just give what you feel.

I'm a member of five different sites and I feel different feelings whenever I log in to each site.

Two of the sites I always feel a peaceful feeling,I feel I am welcome on those sites,have made many friends there.

One of those two sites is this one. A very calm atmosphere in both,a warm feeling.

Another is a spiritualist site,full of laughs and very varied topics,I love that site also,because of the sense of belonging there and good friends who make me feel wanted.

One of the others I have been on there the longest.

The site is fading away but a strict site,which will not entertain any nonsense but pretty fair and just.

About 6 of us are fighting to keep this site open because of the past history and good reputation it has always carried.

The last one I do not visit often,full of bad feelings,arguments and general unfriendliness.

Like walking into a room which is full of shadows and discontent.

Does anyone else feel this when entering diferent sites,any kind of site,not only spiritual?

Feeling Empathy when Entering different Sites. 609912
    Karin
    Karin

Female
    Number of posts : 392
    Registration date : 2011-06-28

Feeling Empathy when Entering different Sites. Empty Re: Feeling Empathy when Entering different Sites.

Post  Karin Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:03 pm

Hi Joanie,

I feel in the same way.
    For me, it depends on who has access to the site, how to deal with each other - and what content is.

This page here, I like very much.

Karin
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Feeling Empathy when Entering different Sites. Empty Re: Feeling Empathy when Entering different Sites.

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:13 pm

You took the words out of my mouth,Karin.

Feeling Empathy when Entering different Sites. 28115
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:19 pm

i feel the same as well, there are sites i just don't feel good there- so basically i don't continue going there. there are very few places i enjoy and it is mainly because of the people and the atmosphere they create.

s
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:45 pm

I walked out of one site,couldn't stand the abuse in there.

Pleased I did,now that site is falling to bits.

Old members have disappeared.

So I heard on the grapevine.

I spend a lot of time on Spiritual Forums (know Vi does not mind me mentioning that site.Feeling Empathy when Entering different Sites. 809779 )

Great members and loads of spiritual posts.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:36 pm

I agree, it is strange how the energies of sites vary so dramatically I only visit two these days as I was really struggling to get around more, but I would if I could, every one is different.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

Post  feather Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:38 pm

I agree. Every site feels different and that is not a bad thing. I have been on probably 5 spiritual sites over the years and I guess I have got something different from all. One I really couldn't fit in at all...so I left. This site has a very peaceful feel. Some have a striving feel or an official feel...I think like anything, a person always feels more at home somewhere when the energies are more matched. It's sad to see sites fade away but that is only because the members don't need what it offers anymore.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:02 am

One good remark here.

A site depends on the energies of the members.

That is so true.

Miserable,caustic and just plain abusive can affect that site.

it leaves an atmosphere of dread,hatred and aminosity behind.

If I can sense a good feeling when I register with a site,then I will stay.

If not,I will go. I am considering that decision now but not here!

Feeling Empathy when Entering different Sites. 21581
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:03 am

Oh,I forgot,a question!

If a member wishes to leave a site and request their user name be taken off the registry,why is that request refused?
    feather
    feather

Female

Post  feather Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:42 am

I've never done that Joanie...I just don't log in anymore.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:29 pm

Well,I do log in,just out of curiousity to see if I still get in.

But to me that is false representation of the number of members.

I worked on accounts through Comps years ago and if a customer requested cancellation of an account,we received notification of the account to be deleted. No problem,into Database of names and acc. numbers,that was it!

Feeling Empathy when Entering different Sites. 809779
    feather
    feather

Female

Post  feather Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:56 pm

Yes exactly. It's not a true representation of members if half of them have actually left but not deleted off the records.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:26 am

But then again members do leave for short periods of time,return in a little while so I can sympathise with the admin trying to keep track of perhaps hundreds of members.

Feeling Empathy when Entering different Sites. 847787939
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:31 am

Feeling Empathy when Entering different Sites. 348985 Yes i agree energies on different sites do vary i have left sites for the false energies and negative remarks made by one or two members, they are supposed to be spiritulists but they are really negative ppl,in face not ppl i want to communicate with, as an empath i feel the energy of these ppl and it is nasty, i tend to get on with most people but ppl who pretend to know everything really get on my nerves, because nobody knows everything,

i was on here before but for personal reasons i was without a comp i could actually get on the kids were using it, but i back again and if i felt this site wasnt run properly i would not have come back, and thats all down to violet and the mods for keeping a good site,

Namaste
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:26 pm

Joanie wrote:But then again members do leave for short periods of time,return in a little while so I can sympathise with the admin trying to keep track of perhaps hundreds of members.

Feeling Empathy when Entering different Sites. 847787939

Sometimes members come even back after years away, i've seen it happen time and time againFeeling Empathy when Entering different Sites. 821538

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:16 pm

You are correct,Violet.

What I should have said was those members who request their user name be removed from a site.

I requested twice on two sites I wasn't happy with,to remove my user name and it still has not been done.

Feeling Empathy when Entering different Sites. 21581

Joanie
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:05 pm

Ah I understand now JoanieFeeling Empathy when Entering different Sites. 821538

OpalMoon
    OpalMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 51
    Job/hobbies : psp graphics, paranormal researching/investigating, road trips, gardening, camping, fishing, photography
    Registration date : 2012-12-04

Post  OpalMoon Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:27 am

There are some sites I have been on and felt like I didn't need to be there. I would have a strong feeling to close my account on whatever site and would feel uneasy until I did. After doing so, I would feel better. Also some sites I frequent, I feel welcomed and feel the happiness from others being there....like a happy family I guess. :giggles:
    Sometimes I stay gone for a while but when I come here I feel welcomed. I still feel like a Newbie...maybe if I come here more often I won't feel that way. :giggles: :flo:
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:33 pm

it's not only the site we should feel at home with but also the members.

I feel at home with both here.

Many feel like old friends.....

(Hi,old friends..... :love: )

Joanie x
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:13 am

:giggles: very true Joanie, it should be a community

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:53 am

Violet wrote: :giggles: very true Joanie, it should be a community

.....of like souls,Violet.... :megahug:

Joanie x
    OpalMoon
    OpalMoon

Female
    Job/hobbies : psp graphics, paranormal researching/investigating, road trips, gardening, camping, fishing, photography

Post  OpalMoon Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:26 pm

I still feel it when I go to some sites/forums. I recently closed one account after about a week of being a member because I just got bad vibes from it and I didn't even know anyone there. I closed my account and I feel better. There is one I am a member of and I feel welcomed, but it is one of those sites that is not real active and it's more like I don't really fit in. Nothing against the members though.

There are about 5 other forums I frequently visit and I feel welcomed there and like they are good friends and family. 

Then there are some I am members of and I just pop in and out sometimes and am basically invisible, but I don't get any bad vibes from it so I stay.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:31 pm

I think I know one of the sites you have recently registered with.... :blush: 
    Not a bad site but needs a bit more 'oooph' to it...
    We are hoping to improve it by including Spiritualism to it.

Anyway,good to see you back here.... :urwelcome:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:35 am

I joined a very new site once, there were very few topics and another newbie had asked why there weren't more topics, the admin replied 'because I can't be bothered' I never returned, if he/she couldn't be bothered why should they expect their members to :huh: 

OpalMoon
    OpalMoon

Female

Post  OpalMoon Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:00 am

SpiritVoices wrote:I think I know one of the sites you have recently registered with.... :blush: 
    Not a bad site but needs a bit more 'oooph' to it...
    We are hoping to improve it by including Spiritualism to it.

Anyway,good to see you back here.... :urwelcome:
     :huh: curious....what forum? i don't use this user name very often....so just wondering..... :thanku:  pm me please!  flowerz

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:28 am