Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Assumpta
Karin
TheWanderer
mac
skfarblum
SpiritVoices
TheShark
Violet
12 posters

Given a choice

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Given a choice Empty Given a choice

Post  Violet Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:12 pm

I'm sure we've all heard of or even know people who have actually died and come back (NDE) some report being given the choice to come back or not, why do some get this choice and not others or do we all get the choice with the majority obviously opting for the otherside, others are told its not their time so they have to come back (so why did they die at all?)

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    TheShark
    TheShark

Male
    Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2012-02-03

Given a choice Empty Re: Given a choice

Post  TheShark Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:20 am

Violet wrote:I'm sure we've all heard of or even know people who have actually died and come back (NDE) some report being given the choice to come back or not, why do some get this choice and not others or do we all get the choice with the majority obviously opting for the otherside, others are told its not their time so they have to come back (so why did they die at all?)

I tried committing suicide 8 years ago, it worked too, I flat lined for 36 seconds. I saw myself in 360° in a black area with a light source about 25 meters away but refused to go. I was met by a female in white that asked me why I wouldn't go, I replied I was scared and I wanted to go back. She asked why she should let me after I squandered the time I had with drugs and an unfulfilled life. I knew of "power" for quite some time now and abused it often. I said I would use it for good and propel my soul forward in a service to others and her. In many cultures she goes by different names but I know her to be the spirit of earth. She gave me a time limit of my 25th year. Since then I've pursued a higher way of living without pushing my ideals on others yet offering it freely.

The scary thing is I'm 25 now, I'm wondering when she will collect and the manner in which I will serve when she does. The really scary thing is my wife met her in a dream about a year ago and she said she took my debt into herself. Its been 10 months now and she has a degenerative health condition that can't be medically explained; spinal taps, CT scans, MRI, geneological testings....all negative.

Its hard in my situation to positively move forward with this knowledge
    We both know it yet we don't talk about it.

I'm struggling to prove that my existence here is with merits and my allowance rxtendid but who really knows Gaia's plans...

That's my story anyway, anyone else want to share?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:49 am

Hi The Shark, thanks for sharing i'll reply more fully later, that's an amazing experience.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:26 pm

Interesting topic,Violet.
    I think I have related on site before about my husband's NDE.
    Briefly,went on the operating table,his heart stopped and he found himself in a tunnel of beautiful rainbow colours.
    The usual light at the end of the tunnel.
    He drifted slowly up but about half way,he was drawn back.
    He encountered no one up the tunnel.
    One min,he was there and the next,he was in recovery.
    He was very ill during that time,with cancer and heart problems.
    1995 he was diagnosed with those symtoms,he passed in 2006.
    The question is....why was he sent back to suffer all the pain which he did for another 11 years?
    :sob:
    skfarblum
    skfarblum

Male
    Number of posts : 268
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2011-09-23

Post  skfarblum Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:20 pm

Dear Joan,
    I am very sorry that you and Ken endured such a time of suffering.
    Please have hope and faith that when the two of you meet up again
    all oustanding questions will be resolved.
    I truly believe that within all of us there a place where everything
    we endure in life is resolved into an inner peace, harmony and understanding.

Stephen
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:10 pm

skfarblum wrote:Dear Joan,
    I am very sorry that you and Ken endured such a time of suffering.
    Please have hope and faith that when the two of you meet up again
    all oustanding questions will be resolved.
    I truly believe that within all of us there a place where everything
    we endure in life is resolved into an inner peace, harmony and understanding.

Stephen

Dear Stephen.
    You are such a kind soul.
    This is where I wonder why taking one's life is such a crime,where pain and suffering are involved.
    I have been assured by a lovely message given to me recently that he is now healthy and as he was before illness took it's toll.
    I thank you,my friend.
    Joan x
    skfarblum
    skfarblum

Male
    Number of posts : 268
    Registration date : 2011-09-23

Post  skfarblum Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:14 pm

I am so pleased.

Stephen
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:48 pm

skfarblum wrote:I am so pleased.

Stephen

:urwelcome:
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:09 pm

Violet wrote:I'm sure we've all heard of or even know people who have actually died and come back (NDE) some report being given the choice to come back or not, why do some get this choice and not others or do we all get the choice with the majority obviously opting for the otherside, others are told its not their time so they have to come back (so why did they die at all?)

The key to the situation is in the description - near death experience. It was NEVER actual death for the latter group because only when body and spirit have totally separated, when the so-called silver cord has broken, does death of the body occur. Then it's death as we term the process and it's final. (but not for one's soul/spirit of course)

A near death experience may be one when the bodily functions are impaired to such a degree that trauma results in a transient distancing of one's non-physical self (soul/spirit/higher-self etc.) from its traumatised body. In that confusing situation perhaps it appears to the temporarily-liberated (but not wholly-separated) spirit that the state we call death has actually occurred.

Then a temporary awareness of what-comes-next may result and that's the so-called near death experience.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:14 pm

Joanie wrote:Interesting topic,Violet.
    Briefly,went on the operating table,his heart stopped and he found himself in a tunnel of beautiful rainbow colours.
    The question is....why was he sent back to suffer all the pain which he did for another 11 years?
    :sob:

"The question is....why was he sent back to suffer all the pain which he did for another 11 years?" It wasn't that he had been 'sent back' but it was a situation that the time of his death was not imminent.

Take a look at my recent posting and see if my ideas have any resonance.
    TheWanderer
    TheWanderer
    Just joined

Female
    Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2012-02-18

Post  TheWanderer Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:39 pm

This is a really interesting topic and it's interesting to see all of the different stand points on it. I'm going to enjoy my stay on this site, I can tell. :)

As for my experience with NDEs, I had one myself only 2 years ago. I was in the car with a dear friend of mine and we were on our way back to my house (which is up in the woods). It was nighttime and he didn't see the deer in the middle of the road until the very last minute, so he swerved and we went over the guard rail and into a tree. I was wearing a seat belt which promptly came undone (it was already broken at the buckle, so that didn't help) on impact and catapulted me into the windshield. I was knocked unconscious and was told later that I had no vital signs for 45 seconds. Which sucked.

But the thing was, when I was knocked out I found myself in a cave of some sort. It was lined with purple crystals (I assume they were amethyst), like I was inside of a geode. There was a lady, dressed all in light blue, and she asked me if I was ready. I instinctively knew what she meant, she was asking if I wanted to die or not. I told her that I had a lot of unfinished business in my life and asked for a second chance, a chance to start with a clean slate and live with the knowledge I have now. She agreed that I had a lot to learn still and said she would send me back on one condition: I had to keep my end of the bargain and actually make changes in my life. So I have made changes. I quit smoking (I used to be a pack a day smoker) and I got myself a little healthier. I've actually been volunteering at my local soup kitchen a lot recently :3

So yes, I think we're given a choice of some sort. I think it depends on whether or not we've decided we're ready to go. If we know we want to pass on, perhaps the spirits of the beyond don't need to ask. If we haven't made up our minds, maybe they give us one last chance to make the decision. For example, lying on your death bed after being sick perhaps you've had time to think about it. For me, I didn't have any time to react or even realize what was happening. So perhaps I was given a choice because of that.
    Karin
    Karin

Female
    Number of posts : 392
    Registration date : 2011-06-28

Post  Karin Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:02 pm

Hi Joanie, my friend. Given a choice 21581

Was he sent back or did he want to come back and to be with you? He suffered pain for another 11 years, but he was for another 11 years by your side.

That's a sign of love, Joanie.

Karin
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:30 pm

If anyone is "sent back", who would be doing the sending back?

How would anyone have that authority? Where would the authority come from....?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:42 pm

[quote="mac"]
    Given a choice 314713

"The question is....why was he sent back to suffer all the pain which he did for another 11 years?" It wasn't that he had been 'sent back' but it was a situation that the time of his death was not imminent.

[/quot

Yes,I understand Mac.
    So I assume a severe heart attack would give the body a false message that
    death was imminent and send the spirit on it's way but without releasing the silver cord.
    Am I correct?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:47 pm

Karin wrote:Hi Joanie, my friend. Given a choice 21581

Was he sent back or did he want to come back and to be with you? He suffered pain for another 11 years, but he was for another 11 years by your side.

Karin

A lovely way of putting it,Karin.
    Strangely enough,he knew 25 years before he passed approximately when his death would occur. He was a year out.
    :kiss:
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:58 pm

[quote="Joanie"]
    mac wrote:
    Given a choice 314713

[/quot

Yes,I understand Mac.
    death was imminent and send the spirit on it's way but without releasing the silver cord.
    Am I correct?

Yes, that's kinda what I was suggesting but not so much sending the spirit on its way as the spirit becoming temporarily dissociated from the physical body (as in Astral travelling) and also confused by the sudden truma of the heart attack. (in Ken's case or any severe trauma in others....)

That's the mac down-to-earth scenario compared with the romantic "wanted to come back to be with you" scenario painted elsewhere. Did Ken have the time to consider the situation in depth, do you think?

Yer pays yer money and yer choice....
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:11 pm

[quote="mac"]
    Joanie wrote:
    mac wrote:
    Given a choice 314713

[/quot

Yes,I understand Mac.
    Am I correct?

Yes, that's kinda what I was suggesting but not so much sending the spirit on its way as the spirit becoming temporarily dissociated from the physical body (as in Astral travelling) and also confused by the sudden truma of the heart attack. (in Ken's case or any severe trauma in others....)

That's the mac down-to-earth scenario compared with the romantic "wanted to come back to be with you" scenario painted elsewhere. Did Ken have the time to consider the situation in depth, do you think?

Yer pays yer money and yer choice....

He probably couldn't get on his way quickly enough.
    No wonder he was quiet on the way home.
    :giggles:
    Karin
    Karin

Female

Post  Karin Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:37 pm

mac wrote:If anyone is "sent back", who would be doing the sending back?

Hi Mac,

some people say, we choose in advance our life with every detail... if that's true so we are the authority to choose about our life or "death".

In other case the answer could be "God" if you are able to believe that there is a higher force to direct our affairs...

Just two thoughts, Mac.

Karin
    Karin
    Karin

Female

Post  Karin Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:46 pm

Joanie wrote:

Karin

Strangely enough,he knew 25 years before he passed approximately when his death would occur. He was a year out.
    Given a choice 852921

This confirms my theory! Given a choice 331509 Who wouldn't fight for life to stay by the side of someone he loves? As more as his higher being knew WHEN his death would occur...?

Don't ask why he had to suffer for such a long time, Joanie. He wanted to be by your side and that's the greatest declaration of love I can imagine. Given a choice 821538

Karin xxx
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:52 pm

Karin wrote:

Hi Mac,

some people say, we choose in advance our life with every detail... if that's true so we are the authority to choose about our life or "death".

In other case the answer could be "God" if you are able to believe that there is a higher force to direct our affairs...

Just two thoughts, Mac.

Karin

That's easy enough....

You may be right that some people believe what you suggest - doesn't necessarily make 'em right though.... People believe all kinds of thing. Of course we made the choice to be here, yes we had hopes and intentions for our lives, but no I wouldn't for one moment accept that every single detail has been unchangingly mapped out by ourselves or on our behalf.

Of NDEs we might be the one who makes that eventual choice to carry on into the next world or to return to the one we though we were leaving, a choice that's made in the light of the actual situation rather than any pre-ordained one.

As for God makin' the choice to send us back in such a situation, well perhaps that could be correct too. But my God is a much more impersonal entity and not concerned with the tiny sparks which are of itself, from itself, identically similar to itself but individuated in order to experience lives as single entities before eventually rejoining their source in the distant future.

So, yeah, some might also believe it's God who sends us back and as I said earlier, folk believe all kinds of stuff.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:55 pm

Karin wrote:
    Joanie wrote:

Karin

Given a choice 852921

This confirms my theory! Given a choice 331509 Who wouldn't fight for life to stay by the side of someone he loves? As more as his higher being knew WHEN his death would occur...?

Don't ask why he had to suffer for such a long time, Joanie. He wanted to be by your side and that's the greatest declaration of love I can imagine. Given a choice 821538

Karin xxx

Or alternatively if he was correct in his fore-knowledge about how long his life was destined to last, he'd also know that he could not have it shortened - or he wouldn't have been right about it in the first place.... catch 22
    Karin
    Karin

Female

Post  Karin Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:19 pm

mac wrote:
    Karin wrote:

Hi Mac,

Just two thoughts, Mac.

Karin

That's easy enough....

You may be right that some people believe what you suggest - doesn't necessarily make 'em right though.... People believe all kinds of thing. Of course we made the choice to be here, yes we had hopes and intentions for our lives, but no I wouldn't for one moment accept that every single detail has been unchangingly mapped out by ourselves or on our behalf.

Of NDEs we might be the one who makes that eventual choice to carry on into the next world or to return to the one we though we were leaving, a choice that's made in the light of the actual situation rather than any pre-ordained one.

As for God makin' the choice to send us back in such a situation, well perhaps that could be correct too. But my God is a much more impersonal entity and not concerned with the tiny sparks which are of itself, from itself, identically similar to itself but individuated in order to experience lives as single entities before eventually rejoining their source in the distant future.

So, yeah, some might also believe it's God who sends us back and as I said earlier, folk believe all kinds of stuff.

Mac, Given a choice 821538 I just told about two thoughts... and for myself I'm there to say "You are right!" because you say...

but no I wouldn't for one moment
    accept that every single detail has been unchangingly mapped out by
    ourselves or on our behalf.

... because I also think that we always have a choice... and that our way of life is NOT defined in all details.

But I'm not sure if there isn't really a higher source which makes corrective interventions... If we overdo it.

Karin - I'm going to watch TV. There's a boxing match... Given a choice 160943 Good Night, folks!
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:23 pm

"Mac, Given a choice 821538 I just told about two thoughts... and for myself I'm there to say "You are right!" because you say...

but no I wouldn't for one moment
    accept that every single detail has been unchangingly mapped out by
    ourselves or on our behalf.

... because I also think that we always have a choice... and that our way of life is NOT defined in all details.

But I'm not sure if there isn't really a higher source which makes corrective interventions... If we overdo it."

By contrast I am comfortable that no 'higher source' will make corrective interventions - at least not in my life!

And I'm off shortly to sit in the sun....
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:49 pm

mac wrote:
    Karin wrote:
    Joanie wrote:

Karin

Given a choice 852921

Karin xxx

Or alternatively if he was correct in his fore-knowledge about how long his life was destined to last, he'd also know that he could not have it shortened - or he wouldn't have been right about it in the first place.... catch 22

You're right on,Mac,why didn't I fathom that out?

Something I really should have known or realised.

We were married in 1981,he told me in 1982,he had 25 years left.

He was out by one year,he passed in 2006.

Not bad for a prophecy,eh?
    Assumpta
    Assumpta

Female
    Number of posts : 333
    Job/hobbies : Retired, love reading, writing, cross-stitch and all things spiritual
    Registration date : 2011-06-23

Post  Assumpta Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:24 pm

This is a very interesting subject. I myself have experience a NDE it was not long after we moved here to Spain. I tripped over one of our cats and hit my head on the cave wall. I can remember travelling down a bright tunnel/passageway where an even brighter light was at the end. I can remember not feeling at all afraid and quite relaxed. As I got nearer to the end I could see people standing there, the nearer I got the better I could see them when I realised there were my parents, aunts and uncles, I can remember all too clearly a feeling of complete peace come over me when my mothers voice said I was to go back, it wasn't my time.

Suddenly I heard a screaming noise, which I now know was me coming back into my body and experiencing the pain in my head. It was something I shall never forget and that was when I stopped being afraid of dying.

Given a choice 348985

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:47 pm