Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Readings which weren't taken well?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Readings which weren't taken well? Empty Readings which weren't taken well?

Post  Violet Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:41 am

Has anyone ever suffered any kind of abuse following a reading they have given or even during one because their sitter has taken something out of context or accused you of 'knowing' more than you have given them? Or any other form of abuse for that matter, I just wondered.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Readings which weren't taken well? Empty Re: Readings which weren't taken well?

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:34 pm

Not so much a reading,Violet.

I had a bit of a occurence about 3 years ago. I can sense other's feelings.

Empathy I think it is called. I used to chat with another member on another site sometimes in the afternoon. This particular afternoon he came into chat and I sensed he was a bit upset about something. Without thinking I asked him if he was alright.

He asked why and I said to him....I can feel your unhappiness.

He jumped straight at me and told me I had no right to read his mind.

I couldn't convince him I was no mind reader.

I came out of that chatroom very upset. Never again!

Joanie
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:37 pm

Yeah that's exactly the kind of thing I meant Joanie it's weird how being open and receptive to others' feelings can get you into trouble.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    gilly
    gilly

Male
    Number of posts : 851
    Job/hobbies : Writing Sci/Fi and Fantasy
    Registration date : 2011-11-11

Post  gilly Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:14 pm

Violet wrote:Yeah that's exactly the kind of thing I meant Joanie it's weird how being open and receptive to others' feelings can get you into trouble.

Hi Violet

They can also help. I have an empathy with others that kicks in when least expected.

I understand it now and tread with care--but for most of my teaching career it has been a boon! I have known-have felt the 'upset', 'problems' of teenagers as they have entered my room. I thank the heavens that it has helped me deal with the teenagers I have been in contact with.

PPLLnL dear lady

Peter
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:42 am

In some ways Empathy is an excellent gift to have. We can help those who need help with emotions. But on the other hand......Readings which weren't taken well? 132756513

Not so good.

Joanie
    Assumpta
    Assumpta

Female
    Number of posts : 333
    Job/hobbies : Retired, love reading, writing, cross-stitch and all things spiritual
    Registration date : 2011-06-23

Post  Assumpta Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:19 pm

I will admit to not suffering from any abuse. But some years ago I did some readings to help someone out, she was having a few friends round and asked me to help out. I can remember one of the people just sat and starred at me as if I'd got two heads and when they left said I am sure so that I could hear them 'what a load of rubbish.' I've never forgot, made me wonder why I'd bothered really.

Readings which weren't taken well? 1656269883
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:28 pm

You're a good reader,Maureen.

I've had proof of that.....Readings which weren't taken well? 621623

Joan.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:57 pm