Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Requesting specific spirits to come through

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Requesting specific spirits to come through Empty Requesting specific spirits to come through

Post  Violet Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:47 pm

Hmmm................ i've just read the exchange between a few of our members about asking for the spirit of a deceased loved to come through but to widen the topic i'd like to discuss asking ANY spirit to come through as well.

Over the years i've come to believe that any person who attends a mediumship event has asked for a spirit to come through, knowingly or subconsciously, otherwise why would they attend such an event, the thought immediately goes out....'oooh I hope my gran comes through' and I believe that is heard and often such a request is granted.

During my years of mediumship I have been asked to contact other people's guides I have had some success with this, but the most amazing reading of all involving specific requests began as a straightforward reading, evidence was given then my sitter asked me if I could possibly try and connect with someone specific in the hope of assistance with a very important issue, I had my doubts and voiced them but said I would tryamazingly it worked and the person concerned was helped.

Of course I cannot prove any of this but I just wanted to voice my thoughts on spirits coming by request I believe it is totally possible and often commonplace.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Assumpta
    Assumpta

Female
    Number of posts : 333
    Job/hobbies : Retired, love reading, writing, cross-stitch and all things spiritual
    Registration date : 2011-06-23

Requesting specific spirits to come through Empty Re: Requesting specific spirits to come through

Post  Assumpta Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:56 am

hi Violet,

All the while I was in the UK 2009-20011 working whenever I went to the local spiritualist meeting I always asked that one of my parent could come through, this never happened. I have no idea why and was beginning to think that I'd done something that they just didn't want to talk to me. I did however get a visit on one occasion from my Aunt, again I'd asked that either my Mum or Dad could come through. Do you t hink that they just didn't want to or was it just that they thought I didn't need to hear from them?

Requesting specific spirits to come through 348985
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Requesting specific spirits to come through Empty Re: Requesting specific spirits to come through

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:06 pm

I've had the same as you,Maureen....
    I have often asked Ken to send me some proof he is around but I never receive any signs he is.

The only time he 'appeared' was in front of my Xmas tree and that was brief.

Yet I am told he is always around me....how can we tell if spirit is there if there is no communication of a verbal or 'seeing' from them.

Joanie
    Assumpta
    Assumpta

Female
    Job/hobbies : Retired, love reading, writing, cross-stitch and all things spiritual

Post  Assumpta Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:08 pm

Know just what you mean Joan. Being an only child I've always considered that I was very close to both my parents and I will admit that I was upset when neither of them ever came through.

Requesting specific spirits to come through 1656269883
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:11 pm

As you know,Maureen,the one and only time I heard Ken's voice was shortly after he died.
    That was 7 years ago.... If spirit can do that then,why can't they repeat the action?
    Joan xxx
    Assumpta
    Assumpta

Female

Post  Assumpta Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:43 pm

It's odd how spirit work isn't it. Nothing we can do about it though, just keep hoping and praying

Requesting specific spirits to come through 348985
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:08 pm

hi violet

i believe that there is some kind of intention involved, someone goes to a medium he or she wishes to connect a specific spirit. but this intention do not force this spirit to come forward, i believe this intention is like a phone call, you hear the ring but you don't need to pick up the phone if you don't want to. same with spirits, they hear the call or feel the intention but it doesn't mean they have to answer.
    BUT there are some ways by which you can force a spirit to come forward and answer your call - different kinds of invocations and other techniques personally this is something i resent and will never use.

else why would a spirit come? if there is no intention of some sort?

mind you, also sometimes spirits wishes to deliver a message and they come forward even without being called.

s
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:34 am

Hi Ladies i've heard so many say they never got a specific loved one through, no matter how many meetings they went to or how many mediums they saw, it's got to be heartbreaking, it's nothing to do with their beliefs i'm quite sure of that as i've had atheists through for myself and others who are often quite bemused to find there is something more. So if spirits can plainly hear our pleas, why do some choose not to connect when they have the opportunity? I'm not sure but I do think just as we can struggle to connect with them and give up trying and walk away perhaps it is the same there, it is weird to think our loved ones may be right beside us talking away but we simply can't hear them, perhaps they yell at us, hug us I think a lot of contact is put down to imagination, a draught, the central heating. I also think many contact us in dreams because we can't fight it then it is more acceptable to our human mind to dream of a lost loved one than for them to appear in front of us, many people fear contact, even those who believe they don't, probably do at a subconscious level and will block anything like that without us realising it in our day to day life.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:02 am

I think in the case of emergency,spirit will make an effort to come through with a message.

I remember Ken not being too well due to muscle ache.
    The medium asked if he had been 'moving anything heavy recently'.
    The answer was 'yes'. He was an electrical jointer for the electricity company.
    His job was pulling heavy cables around for connection for the electricity to run through.
    His mother came through,concerned for his health. :asmile:

Joanie
    Assumpta
    Assumpta

Female

Post  Assumpta Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:08 pm

I think what you have said Violet is probably very true. I have now resigned myself to the fact that I may not receive anything from my parents unless it is necessary and I know that I shall see them again when I pass so that's good enough for me.

Requesting specific spirits to come through 577431
    shortangel

Female
    Number of posts : 97
    Registration date : 2012-11-14

Post  shortangel Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:25 pm

I have found that spirit decide who is coming through, because there is a kind of waiting system. On Saturday I was on a Spiritual Rendezvous weekend and one of the mediums was Derek Acorah. I sat asking for either my Mum, my best friend or my Gran to come through, I was delighted my lovely Dad came through, this is only the second time in almost 24 years, the first time was last year. I was pleased to have a very accurate reading from my Dad.
    June

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:44 pm