Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Crystal
Earthealer
Assumpta
RavenMoon
partofme
norseman
ameliorate
innerlight
mayflow
chi chi
eyeopen
Violet
mac
1antique
shayn
Kaere
SpiritVoices
21 posters

Old Time Members?

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Old Time Members? - Page 4 Empty Old Time Members?

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:32 am

First topic message reminder :

No,I don't mean age related..... :blush: 

I mean all of those members who used to frequent this site.   Where have they gone?   Such as Gilly and 1antique?    Many more as well,seem to have disappeared.

Mostly over the years but our membership list seems to have diminished.
     Please come back to Violet's site and POST......
    We miss you..... :sob: 

Joan xx
    mayflow
    mayflow

Number of posts : 894
    Job/hobbies : Electronics, RF energy, test equipment
    Registration date : 2013-12-03

Old Time Members? - Page 4 Empty Re: Old Time Members?

Post  mayflow Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:06 pm

mayflow wrote:
    1antique wrote:
    mac said wrote:If I'm a troll I didn't know it and I'm the longest-attending one here along with the most postings in response to others folk's points!  LOL!!

I think the vote would go against you on this point, mac. 

I think it is obvious to everyone that the comment you made is totally incorrect. 

1. You are not even on the first page by registration date. I, on the other hand, am the fourth one after Violet. I was a founding member of her first forum also. 

2. I have almost 2691 posts....and you have?????......1843...almost 1000 less than I do...and many of your posts could be listed in the troll category. Just because you make a post does not make it worthy of reading...or even desirable.

3. Many, if not most, of the members here would place you in the troll category. When you made that post about trolls, I could not believe how closely it described you.

Even being a newbie here I can see that, but is Auras one too? They seem to be cohorts, or am I incorrect?

Post  Guest Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:49 pm

norseman wrote:the same questions come up over and over because new members will not read back in threads but want easy answers.

Interesting observation. I'm currently reading 'The Shallows' by Nicholas Carr and your statement made me think of it as the main thrust of the book's argument is that we want information NOW and we don't want to have to read in order to get at it.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:53 pm

1antique wrote:
    mac said wrote:If I'm a troll I didn't know it and I'm the longest-attending one here along with the most postings in response to others folk's points!  LOL!!

I think the vote would go against you on this point, mac. 

I think it is obvious to everyone that the comment you made is totally incorrect. 

1. You are not even on the first page by registration date. I, on the other hand, am the fourth one after Violet. I was a founding member of her first forum also.   I did say (tongue-in-cheek) the longest-attending troll - did you miss that?

2. I have almost 2691 posts....and you have?????......1843...almost 1000 less than I do...and many of your posts could be listed in the troll category. Just because you make a post does not make it worthy of reading...or even desirable. ouch! That stings!

3. Many, if not most, of the members here would place you in the troll category. conjecture unless you've done the math....When you made that post about trolls, I could not believe how closely it described you.  ouch again -I'm so hurt you should say such a thing!

Wonder when your buddy will join us with the same old, same old?  wink, wink, lol, lol

I've not been studying your contribution statistics but I'm flattered you're so interested in mine!
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:18 pm

As usual, your post is acerbic. I have found that, when you have nothing useful to reply, you resort to this type of post. What would be nice is if you would put that quick-witted mind to good use and actually post something useful to the members of this site instead of using it to degrade and demean others. 

In days of old, the senior (as in older) members of any group used their wisdom for the good of the group....not to bring it down. Those who failed to do so were ostracized from the group and left to fend for themselves.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:03 pm

"Even being a newbie here I can see that, but is Auras one too? They seem to be cohorts, or am I incorrect? "

You're incorrect. Auras and me cohorts? yeah, right! What do you say, Auras? We're working together?

you guys! You made me laugh out loud!
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:52 pm

Trolls have a sadistic sense of humour....just saying! Old Time Members? - Page 4 Bott  Old Time Members? - Page 4 Confused Old Time Members? - Page 4 To_keep_order
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:27 pm

No offense, but you dont seem to really take my opinions or suggestions on board, you dont reply to my messages and when I highlight site issues I dont get a response eithers. Doesnt help when the forum keeps playing up with me.

I only try and help.

Hi Eyeopen, I apologise, you are not the only one whose messages get missed, i'm not online anywhere near as often as I was and while this is no excuse some things do occasionally get missed, it's a lot for one person to keep up with alone, and I apologise to any others who feel this way too, as for site suggestions I do hear so many of these it would be impossible to implement them all, I'm sure I had plans to put up a suggestion thread perhaps now would be a good time to do it this way suggestions can be dealt with openly, what do you think?

As for the forum playing up are you using a phone ? It could be the snow i've got on here which will be removed very soon let me know if you're still having problems after that.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:03 am

What's all this 'troll' business, what is meant by 'troll' exactly? Someone who posts? Someone who posts randomly, what do you mean? Spammers? Spammers get hoofed out quickly, people who post nonsense? If that's the case i'm a troll sometimes  :huh: 

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:13 am

My definition of a troll would be someone who is deliberately provocative, e.g. nasty/aggressive to antagonise members. Someone who is sadistic (derives pleasure from seeing others suffer) and quite a sad, sick person.
    mayflow
    mayflow

Number of posts : 894
    Job/hobbies : Electronics, RF energy, test equipment
    Registration date : 2013-12-03

Post  mayflow Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:33 am

I think we may be straying from Joanie's mesaage?

SpiritVoices wrote:No,I don't mean age related..... :blush: 

I mean all of those members who used to frequent this site.   Where have they gone?   Such as Gilly and 1antique?    Many more as well,seem to have disappeared.

Mostly over the years but our membership list seems to have diminished.
     Please come back to Violet's site and POST......
    We miss you..... :sob: 

Joan xx

See, I never got to meet the ones she is missing... what was cool about them? I may have missed out, but well can someone tell me a bit about them?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:40 am

Gilly was a teacher and was a very interesting discussionist......
    1antigue is back and the same as Gilly....Mac is a good discussionist too.

Many more members too in the same vein.
    I come on these kinds of sites to learn from others.   I'm not learning anything at the moment....I do like a variety of topics,funny as well serious but not to be overloaded all the time with one weighing the other down.
    Joan has spoken!.... :grin:
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:47 am

Instead of looking back, why not look forward? I find new active members provide a fresh slant and can inspire different perspectives.
    partofme
    partofme

Female
    Number of posts : 820
    Job/hobbies : spiritual growth, repurposer, gardening...anything creative.
    Registration date : 2013-05-29

Post  partofme Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:36 pm

1antique wrote:I have still been around....mostly trying to interpret some of the posts that have been made and attempting to figure out what they have to do with a spiritual site. It seems as if many (if not most) of the posts made these days relate to.....nothing.

I came here to learn about different aspects of spirituality and to continue to grow. For the most part, this site has quit being a place that provides this.  Personally, I feel that this is one of the major reasons why many of the 'old-timers' have left.

This site is not Facebook, nor is it twitter. Why don't we try to turn this place back into a spiritual site once more?
    I agree Antique thats what drew me into this place. The knowledge.
    As for my absence, 2 birthdays and Christmas have occupied my time.  Still have 1/2 my vacation left to relax and recoop from all of the festivities.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:07 pm

1antique wrote:As usual, your post is acerbic. I have found that, when you have nothing useful to reply, you resort to this type of post. What would be nice is if you would put that quick-witted mind to good use and actually post something useful to the members of this site instead of using it to degrade and demean others. 

In days of old, the senior (as in older) members of any group used their wisdom for the good of the group....not to bring it down. Those who failed to do so were ostracized from the group and left to fend for themselves.

"As usual, your post is acerbic."  thank you!  But it's horses-for-courses; only where appropriate.  I never use it as a substitute for nothing useful to say, though, but that's something you likely haven't noticed.

My style is not to (and I quote your words) "...degrade and demean others"  (I think you probably meant 'denegrate') unless they've already started that with me.  I much prefer to stick to the points that others make and I try hard to stay away from personality - mea culpa that I don't always succeed.

I don't know anything about the days of old as I'm only 66 having been regularly online for only about 10 years - a beginner!  I don't subscribe to the premise that age = wisdom either or expect to be an avuncular figure who is there to impart personal wisdom on a waiting group.  Neither do I expect those older to chastise me because I don't do what they think I should.

I'll stand or fall on what I say.  It's the same principle I apply to others whatever their age.  When what they write makes sound sense then I'll heed it.  If I'm seriously asked my view I'll often give it.  If a question is asked I'll answer it.  Where points are made that deserve challenge, debate or discussion I'm up for it.

Although I could take your remark as another complement, my mind is not as quick-witted as once it was.  I have to work it hard and what I write is mostly the outcome of that work.  On occasion, though, I will join in with the tomfoolery that I observe washing across the forum threads and I don't expect others to pull me up for it when they don't do that to others involved.

If it achieves nothing useful so be it. Can others say they're always achieving?
    eyeopen
    eyeopen

Number of posts : 1380
    Registration date : 2012-04-03

Post  eyeopen Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:05 am

Mr.Whitmore wrote:
    eyeopen wrote:
    Violet wrote:Hmmm......... interesting, guys please keep talking, unlike the earlier days of this forum I can't devote anywhere near as much time as I used to, I can't get in every day and I can't post a mass of new topics daily, but that said this is YOUR forum too, got questions to ask, ask them, something weird or spooky happening, post it let's see if we can help in any way. WAnt to learn about something?  It doesn't matter if you feel it's 'going over old ground' things change, new people here bring new opinions and ideas, WE change our ideas and opinions and grow whether we post or not. Often I see posts replied to by simply posting a link, i've done it myself occasionally but that's not discussion or what a forum is about, I know of forums where almost EVERY thread is just an exchange of links, i'd hate for this place to become like that you might as well just browse google for a couple of hours.

As for serious topics we're currently in the holidays all members should be able to enjoy a bit of larking around, but i'm currently working on new stuff for next year for here.

As for old time members 'appearing to leave' well I can't comment on that or individuals, people must come and go as they choose which is why I don't delete accounts or ban anyone except as a very last resort, but what I will say is nothing is all black or all white.

I saw something said about people have ten enemies at anyone time in life and triple that online, all I can say is please don't confuse differences of opinion with dislike

As say please keep talking and don't take any offense to my thoughts

No offense, but you dont seem to really take my opinions or suggestions on board, you dont reply to my messages and when I highlight site issues I dont get a response eithers. Doesnt help when the forum keeps playing up with me.

I only try and help.

You have a funny way of trying to help

it depends on how this forum is perceived and how people wish it to be and what they wish to gain from it.

I have tried, it has obviously gone a different route so............those whom are happy can be happy can be happy, others can should go elsewhere. But one thing with me ill scan about now and again.

Its just that im here to learn.

eyeopen
    eyeopen

Post  eyeopen Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:19 am

Violet wrote:

I only try and help.

Hi Eyeopen, I apologise, you are not the only one whose messages get missed, i'm not online anywhere near as often as I was and while this is no excuse some things do occasionally get missed, it's a lot for one person to keep up with alone, and I apologise to any others who feel this way too, as for site suggestions I do hear so many of these it would be impossible to implement them all, I'm sure I had plans to put up a suggestion thread perhaps now would be a good time to do it this way suggestions can be dealt with openly, what do you think?

As for the forum playing up are you using a phone ?  It could be the snow i've got on here which will be removed very soon let me know if you're still having problems after that.

I dont have internet issue sits a site issue, It doesnt refresh after I post takes a while but if I select refresh a few times itl do it straight away when It does.

Im not really her emuch now, so........... But I think you should sort out the arguments as there not good for business, it has alot fo bad energy drained me just going threw last few pages skipping most, lol. Also as they say like attracts like, only rowdy peopel will stay if things are like this, hense itl just carry on.

eyeopen
    eyeopen

Post  eyeopen Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:25 am

As for the rest of the guys here,

Just ignore those whom provoke arguments, yes some people do do it on purpose, but those whom feed them give them amo to go on.

I think its obvious if one goes threw the history of a persons posts, and threads they posted if they are are attracted to Heated discussions, or wind ups, if you make some ones day by helping them get a high, then thats good karma, lol, bless you all!  :happy: 

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:16 pm

Don't you dare leave here!    You are a good poster and polite....

:naughty:
    eyeopen
    eyeopen

Post  eyeopen Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:39 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:Don't you dare leave here!    You are a good poster and polite....

Its not bout leaving, like you said this is more like socialising and banter now, which is good for past times, but not for learning.

I need to move forward and need to find those on my level of thinking.

Thats said im not really visiting many forums, just generally busy etc
    RavenMoon
    RavenMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 585
    Job/hobbies : fulltime and lots of interests
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  RavenMoon Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:35 pm

eyeopen wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:Don't you dare leave here!    You are a good poster and polite....

Its not bout leaving, like you said this is more like socialising and banter now, which is good for past times, but not for learning.

I agree with eyeopen.... seems to be that some like nothing more than a good stir up on here which is spoling the forums  :SH: - it is hard sometimes to actually know how a comment is based or said by another person - hence why we have the thread emotions to try to explain our writings..
    what happened to common courtesy and respect K\'s stars  for fellow posters - we can't all be, or "think"  :yawning: we know it all about  on Spiritulism/spiritulism(whatever way you want to type it) it is just nice to have a good conversation about a topic that interests us all..  :med:
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:45 pm

RavenMoon wrote:
    eyeopen wrote:

I agree with eyeopen.... seems to be that some like nothing more than a good stir up on here which is spoling the forums  :SH: - it is hard sometimes to actually know how a comment is based or said by another person - hence why we have the thread emotions to try to explain our writings..
    what happened to common courtesy and respect K\'s stars  for fellow posters - we can't all be, or "think"  :yawning: we know it all about  on Spiritulism/spiritulism(whatever way you want to type it) it is just nice to have a good conversation about a topic that interests us all..  :med:
    Well said!..... :love:
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:50 pm

RavenMoon wrote: we know it all about  on Spiritulism/spiritulism(whatever way you want to type it) it is just nice to have a good conversation about a topic that interests us all..  :med:

Oh dear, it seems you missed my crucial reply to this post by mac...

"I beg to differ. It's not about upper or lower case S! Spiritualism and spirituality often get confused as being one and the same but they are not!

Spiritualism is principally focused on the after life. Here is a dictionary definition:-

spiritualism is a system of belief or religious practice based on supposed communication with the spirits of the dead, especially through mediums.

Spirituality - whilst it can incorporate spiritualism, throws its net much wider and incorporates many other aspects of our spiritual journey e.g. meditation, visualisations, mindfulness, compassion etc."
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:06 pm

Many folks become mixed up in the subject of Spiritualism or Spirituality.
    If you miss the last three letters off each word,it still spells SPIRIT,Amy....
    That is what I and others concentrate on.   This is a spiritual site but still contains material on Spiritualism.
     :love:
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:30 pm

Yes of course Spiritvoices. Perhaps you've missed my point - if you go to a spiritualist church, they would not necessarily be interested in spiritual growth, mediation, visualisations to name but a few branches that encompass the wider umbrella of spirituality. I just wanted to clarify the confusion since spiritualism and spirituality are not one and the same thing. Of course they are both about spirit - surely, that goes without saying?
    eyeopen
    eyeopen

Post  eyeopen Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:07 pm

RavenMoon wrote:
    eyeopen wrote:

as they say in facebook

eyeopen pokes ravenmoon,

eyeopen likes ravenmoons comment,

eyeopen comments on ravenmoons post, happy new year hun nice to c u here, hope all is well.

:love:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:32 pm