Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
mac
dovehealer
partofme
Auras
OpalMoon
9 posters

Angel or Spirit Guide?

OpalMoon
    OpalMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 51
    Job/hobbies : psp graphics, paranormal researching/investigating, road trips, gardening, camping, fishing, photography
    Registration date : 2012-12-04

spirit - Angel or Spirit Guide? Empty Angel or Spirit Guide?

Post  OpalMoon Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:55 pm

I have asked this question in other places and no one really seems to know anything to help.  I am confused if this is the actions of a spirit guide or an angel.

I have had dreams/visions for the past few years about a woman, coco colored skin, long black hair, with long braids, and she is always wearing blue, white and gold. Sometimes shirt, shorts and a belt, and other times a medieval type dress with belled sleeves and a gold corded belt...sometimes holding glowing orbs. She usually gives advice or just stands in a distance smiling as if observing. She has told me like to never worship her, but worship God and always trust Him. Her name is Penelope. I have tired to look up that name to see if it is connected with Angels and I find nothing. So, I am uncertain if it is a spirit guide or angel that is guiding me. When I feel her presence, it is calming and I feel safe and at peace. Never have I felt scared. When I have had bad dreams she has suddenly appeared in my dream and made me feel at peace.  I don't know a lot about spirit guides and never really believed in them.....this is why it kinda puzzles me as to who this is.   
    Do any of ya'll know?   Does your spirit guides or guardian angels communicate to you like this? :astar:  :bfs: 

Sorry if all this sounds really crazy. It is something I want to know more about. 
    Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

spirit - Angel or Spirit Guide? Empty Re: Angel or Spirit Guide?

Post  Auras Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:37 pm

OpalMoon wrote:I have asked this question in other places and no one really seems to know anything to help.  I am confused if this is the actions of a spirit guide or an angel.

I have had dreams/visions for the past few years about a woman, coco colored skin, long black hair, with long braids, and she is always wearing blue, white and gold. Sometimes shirt, shorts and a belt, and other times a medieval type dress with belled sleeves and a gold corded belt...sometimes holding glowing orbs. She usually gives advice or just stands in a distance smiling as if observing. She has told me like to never worship her, but worship God and always trust Him. Her name is Penelope. I have tired to look up that name to see if it is connected with Angels and I find nothing. So, I am uncertain if it is a spirit guide or angel that is guiding me. When I feel her presence, it is calming and I feel safe and at peace. Never have I felt scared. When I have had bad dreams she has suddenly appeared in my dream and made me feel at peace.  I don't know a lot about spirit guides and never really believed in them.....this is why it kinda puzzles me as to who this is.   
    Do any of ya'll know?   Does your spirit guides or guardian angels communicate to you like this? :astar:  :bfs: 

Sorry if all this sounds really crazy. It is something I want to know more about. 
    i communicate with my guides on a daily basis. through meditation and i talk to them consciously. you know when its an angel and you know when its a guide. its a matter of trusting.
    partofme
    partofme

Female
    Number of posts : 820
    Job/hobbies : spiritual growth, repurposer, gardening...anything creative.
    Registration date : 2013-05-29

Post  partofme Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:39 pm

I dont have a definite answer.  No one has given me this information, but I feel it this way.  That she would be your guardian angel. 

She has come to you in time of need to protect you.  Has mentioned God and made you feel at peace.  Not being able to look her up to support a theory of an angel, doesnt mean that she isnt an angel.
    OpalMoon
    OpalMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 51
    Job/hobbies : psp graphics, paranormal researching/investigating, road trips, gardening, camping, fishing, photography
    Registration date : 2012-12-04

Post  OpalMoon Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:45 pm

Thank you both! I was leaning towards angel, but I wanted input on what others thought too.   :bfs:  :huga:
    dovehealer
    dovehealer

Female
    Number of posts : 112
    Registration date : 2014-04-14

Post  dovehealer Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:40 am

Had an interesting thought after reading your post. That sounds like Penelope ...wife of Ulysses . I know this is an old post but thought I'd try anyway.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:57 am

dovehealer wrote:Had an interesting thought after reading your post. That sounds like Penelope ...wife of Ulysses . I know this is an old post but thought I'd try anyway.
    It's a year since the last posting!
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:33 pm

mac wrote:
    dovehealer wrote:Had an interesting thought after reading your post. That sounds like Penelope ...wife of Ulysses . I know this is an old post but thought I'd try anyway.
    It's a year since the last posting!
    :giggles: Good one, Mac.
    Dancer
    Dancer
    Just joined

Female
    Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2015-01-03

spirit - Angel or Spirit Guide? Empty re angel or spirit guide

Post  Dancer Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:29 am

I was doing a meditation about meeting your guardian angel to ask their name. I read that when you are given a name its no use looking it up to see what sort of angel is called that name. Its because its your personal guardian angel, not an already named one you can find in any book. Mine is called Anne, which is also my middle name, so went into over thinking mode about it. Penelope is a name from Greek mythology, person in dream sounds Angelic to me. Blessings
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:30 pm

Dancer wrote:I was doing a meditation about meeting your guardian angel to ask their name. I read that when you are given a name its no use looking it up to see what sort of angel is called that name. Its because its your personal guardian angel, not an already named one you can find in any book. Mine is called Anne, which is also my middle name, so went into over thinking mode about it. Penelope is a name from Greek mythology, person in dream sounds Angelic to me. Blessings

Doing spiritual work is very much different than doing it in a development group, as doing solo work is more on a personal level. So, The name you get through these meditations will be significant to you and only you, Searching them up won't make matters better, what matters is what that name means to you. Just a little insight for you.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    kardecian
    kardecian

Male
    Number of posts : 249
    Job/hobbies : Funeral Service
    Registration date : 2013-06-20

Post  kardecian Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:48 pm

I've been taught that there is no difference between an angel and a spirit guide.  Aren't angels disincarnate humans?  I've always thought of Spirit Guides and Angels as being one and the same.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:04 am

kardecian wrote:I've been taught that there is no difference between an angel and a spirit guide.  Aren't angels disincarnate humans?  I've always thought of Spirit Guides and Angels as being one and the same.
    It's something that's been discussed in the past without much agreement.
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Post  Detlef Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:13 am

kardecian wrote:I've been taught that there is no difference between an angel and a spirit guide.  Aren't angels disincarnate humans?  I've always thought of Spirit Guides and Angels as being one and the same.
    In general they are not.
    As I have said before, angels are only guides for their own kind.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:03 am