Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Native spirit
Auras123
Violet
Lulu
8 posters

Is this my spirit guide?

Lulu
    Lulu

Female
    Number of posts : 22
    Job/hobbies : Job:Chemist Hobbies: Gardening, Reading, Painting
    Registration date : 2011-08-26

Is this my spirit guide? Empty Is this my spirit guide?

Post  Lulu Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:41 pm

A few years ago I was taking my car out of the garage , one morning preparing to drive to work. As I looked in the rear view mirror, I saw a man standing on the drive way behind me. I stopped the car and got out so I could ask him what he wanted. Before I could speak to him, he disappeared.

It was a normal bright day, not dark and I had seen him clearly.

Sometime later I saw him again and I have seen him several times since. Sometimes I see him at night or sometimes during the day. I think I even saw him sitting in my car, but before I can get close to him or speak, he disappears.

He looks like he is real, like he has substance, not see through. I would describe him as being very tall, over 6 feet and very thin. He always wears a black cloak or some kind of coat with a hood. I can’t see his feet or face clearly but he has pale skin and long black hair. He reminds me of a cross between a monk and count Dracula. His description sounds quite scary but I’m not at all frightened of him, in fact he makes me feel peaceful and calm.

The reason I am writing is because my mother has now seen him in my bedroom at night and she gave me a perfect description of him. I want to find out who he is, and would like to communicate with him but I don’t know how? could he be a spirit guide? If so would my mother have been able to see him? If not then who is he? I have lived in different houses so its not a ghost associated with the house.

I tried the meditation to contact a spirit guide but I either lose concentration or fall asleep. A friend said it sounds like a Russian or East European priest.

Can someone help please?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Is this my spirit guide? Empty Re: Is this my spirit guide?

Post  Violet Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:32 pm

Hi Lulu have you ruled out family members, are there any photos from years gone by you could look at see if you recognise him?

It is hard to say for definate whether he is a guide or not but it is a very good thing you are so comfortable with him, i'd persevere with meditation if you can it can be tricky at first but can be very rewarding.

Talk to this man in your mind, ask for a name and pay attention to your thoughts as you ask, you could also ask him to come through in dreams.

I don't know why but from your description I get a feeling of a highway manIs this my spirit guide? 229495 but I could be way off the mark the dress certainly sounds as if it's from that era.

There is a five minute meditation in the forum i'll bring the link into here for you as one of our members has found it useful, it may help you too.Is this my spirit guide? 821538
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:33 pm

https://spiritualinspiration.forumotion.net/t4445-five-minute-meditation

Here's the thread with the five minute meditation.
    Lulu
    Lulu

Female

Is this my spirit guide? Empty Thanks

Post  Lulu Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:00 pm

Thanks for your help. This sounds interesting.

I don't know any ancestors, I think they are Welsh and one side, Irish on the other. I live in Huntingdon, so a highwayman is a posibility.

I will try again with the meditation and let you know if anything comes of it.

I'm just really curious to know who he is and what he wants.Is this my spirit guide? 28115
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:14 pm

Hi Lulu yes please let us know, and I totally understand your curiosity, it's like someone coming to your door or phoning you then not speaking, I wish I knew why they do that, unless we simply aren't hearing themIs this my spirit guide? 229495
    Lulu
    Lulu

Female

Post  Lulu Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:25 pm

I hadn't seen my 'visitor' for a while at least since I posted here about him. I moved into my appartment in December, and still didn't see him so I assumed he had gone.

guess what?....Yes he's back I saw twice this week, at night standing in the doorway of my bedroom. I have contacted the local spiritual church and the gave me a phone number with a medium who I can go to privately.

I want to go to find out who this man is and what he wants, but I'm quite frightened as well. I have had a lot of family pass over and i'm worried in case they come through and I get upset.

Does this sound silly? Shall I just get in contact and see her?
    Auras123
    Auras123

Male
    Number of posts : 223
    Job/hobbies : Medium, Psychic, Christian Spiritualist.
    Registration date : 2012-03-25

Post  Auras123 Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:02 pm

Well If This Person Is a member of your family from another country (Wales, Ireland) then speak to them even if you cant see them they still listen as im Welsh All of my family are welsh but there are some ancestors along the way from Ireland so i Speak if I See them in Gaelic :') xx Is this my spirit guide? 15910
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:51 pm

I would contact the medium and see if she can give you any clues as to whom this man is. i dont think hes a guide as he would have said something before now, as you find it difficult to meditate asking the medium could give you the answers you seek.

Namaste
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:14 am

I have had a lot of family pass over and i'm worried in case they come through and I get upset.
    Some do get upset but usually in a good and happy way, it really is a fantastic feeling for most to know their loved ones are still around them.
    Lulu
    Lulu

Female

Post  Lulu Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:41 am

Well what I journey I've had since my first post.

I have now consulted two mediums and since learned that I am myself a medium !Is this my spirit guide? 558648

I still do not fully know who the man is that i've seen, but it's thought that he is some kind of spirit helper or guide who has come to make me aware of my 'gift'. As I've ignored previous happenings I have been sent some of the strongest evidence that I couldn't ignore. I also have my grandmother as a spirit guide.

I've been welcomed into a development circle, I haven't attended yet but I'm both nervous and excitied. I am still very confused and don't know what to think. As a scientist this is very difficult for me to understand.Is this my spirit guide? 588401

I have lots of questions and i'm sure I will be logging on to the forum a lot more regularly.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:19 pm

Lulu wrote:Well what I journey I've had since my first post.

I have now consulted two mediums and since learned that I am myself a medium !Is this my spirit guide? 558648

I still do not fully know who the man is that i've seen, but it's thought that he is some kind of spirit helper or guide who has come to make me aware of my 'gift'. As I've ignored previous happenings I have been sent some of the strongest evidence that I couldn't ignore. I also have my grandmother as a spirit guide.

I've been welcomed into a development circle, I haven't attended yet but I'm both nervous and excitied. I am still very confused and don't know what to think. As a scientist this is very difficult for me to understand.Is this my spirit guide? 588401

I have lots of questions and i'm sure I will be logging on to the forum a lot more regularly.

PLEASE Lulu - do be careful. Alarm bells are ringing.
    Lulu
    Lulu

Female

Post  Lulu Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:58 pm

Why whats wrong? Do you think i'm being "taken for a ride"?

I was asked to pay money for a spiritual appraisal and to buy a book.The to attend a development circle its £20 a time.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:03 pm

Lulu wrote:A few years ago I was taking my car out of the garage , one morning preparing to drive to work. As I looked in the rear view mirror, I saw a man standing on the drive way behind me. I stopped the car and got out so I could ask him what he wanted. Before I could speak to him, he disappeared.

It was a normal bright day, not dark and I had seen him clearly.

Sometime later I saw him again and I have seen him several times since. Sometimes I see him at night or sometimes during the day. I think I even saw him sitting in my car, but before I can get close to him or speak, he disappears.

He looks like he is real, like he has substance, not see through. I would describe him as being very tall, over 6 feet and very thin. He always wears a black cloak or some kind of coat with a hood. I can’t see his feet or face clearly but he has pale skin and long black hair. He reminds me of a cross between a monk and count Dracula. His description sounds quite scary but I’m not at all frightened of him, in fact he makes me feel peaceful and calm.

The reason I am writing is because my mother has now seen him in my bedroom at night and she gave me a perfect description of him. I want to find out who he is, and would like to communicate with him but I don’t know how? could he be a spirit guide? If so would my mother have been able to see him? If not then who is he? I have lived in different houses so its not a ghost associated with the house.

I tried the meditation to contact a spirit guide but I either lose concentration or fall asleep. A friend said it sounds like a Russian or East European priest.

Can someone help please?

Now that is strange. What a coincidence.
    About 2 years ago,I was given a sketch of a man showing the same description of the man you have seen recently.
    Very tall,long black hair reminds me of a Romany background.
    I didn't see him as you have seen him.
    I 'saw' him in several dreams. Always very helpful and calm.
    Whenever I had problems,he was there instantly.
    I haven't 'seen' for some time now and wondered why.
    I would also appreciate some information on who he is.
    Joanie x
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Native spirit wrote:I would contact the medium and see if she can give you any clues as to whom this man is. i dont think hes a guide as he would have said something before now, as you find it difficult to meditate asking the medium could give you the answers you seek.

Namaste

Hi Native spirit.
    Remember me telling you about this man? You gave me his name at that time and he comfirmed it was Brian.
    First time I heard his voice.
    Wonder if Lulu and I have the same guide.
    Joanie xx
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:43 pm

I said nothing about you being 'taken for a ride'. Do you fear you are?

As for a 'spiritual appraisal' I'd have to have that explained before I could understand - I've never heard of such a thing. And you need a book about what?

No my concern comes from the sentence: "I have now consulted two mediums and since learned that I am myself a medium."
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:37 pm

Lulu wrote:Why whats wrong? Do you think i'm being "taken for a ride"?

I was asked to pay money for a spiritual appraisal and to buy a book.The to attend a development circle its £20 a time.

Hi Lulu,

I have to agree with mac's comment. Please consider what evidence they gave you to suggest that you were a medium. Also, consider what evidence or experience of spirit communication you have had which would make them say this. Being able to see a 'spirit' doesn't mean you are a medium or that you have mediumistic abilty. Furthermore, do you know the medium well enough, and are they reputable?

No one is saying you are being taken for a ride, but when dealing with spiritual matters and unconfirmed claims of being a medium, or hearing a your guide is a person of historic interest or well known then it's imperative that caution should be of major importance. Sadly, people are often deceived by those who should know better.

The teaching of one's mediumship is not a quick process, it can take years. If you were to pay £20.00 a time, I imagine you would soon be penniless. No one person can teach you mediumship, they can teach only the guidelines or the basics. It is the responsibility of a teaching spirit guide to unfold one's mediumship, for they are the ones who both know and understand how spirit could decide to work with you. Unfortunately this take times to develop a harmonious relationship.

As for buying of books, again they can only be someone else's opinion of what happens or how you should work. They have their uses insomuch as they can be informative of how awareness and development may occur but they shouldn't be seen as being what will happen with you. I'm not against buying or reading books as studying mediumship is helpful in your development. For instance they can make one become aware of the pitfalls which you are likely to meet along the way. Just be mindful these are not your experiences. Your experience could differ and in the process they may well cause you to feel your way is wrong, whereby you could become disillusioned by it all.

Have you considered attending a spiritual church and asking if you could join their development and awareness classes? These are usually free, at least they used to be, but room may be limited.

skye

Female

Post  skye Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:54 pm

no quote :(

Last edited by skye on Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    skye

Female

Post  skye Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:56 pm

mac wrote:I said nothing about you being 'taken for a ride'. Do you fear you are?

As for a 'spiritual appraisal' I'd have to have that explained before I could understand - I've never heard of such a thing. And you need a book about what?

No my concern comes from the sentence: "I have now consulted two mediums and since learned that I am myself a medium."

mac, it's my understanding that a spiritual appraisal is when a developing medium has to demonstrate his or her mediumship in front of a qualified practicing medium to confirm they have attained a standard which allows them to work usually in a Spiritualist church, or for private sittings. They have to prove the information received from a spirit communicator is solid evidence of their continued survival. Also to ensure they have the confidence to demonstrate or speak in a public setting and they apply morals and ethics during delivery of their mediumship.
    Lulu
    Lulu

Female

Post  Lulu Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:23 pm

Thanks for your help.

I am normally quite sceptical especially when money is mentioned lol. That's why i asked if mac thought I was being taken for a ride.

I approached a spiritual church to have a reading but couldn't get one arranged due to time/work comitments (mine and the mediums) so i searched the internet and found Susan Leybourne I e mailed her. (Sorry for mentioning names) We had a telephone conversation in which she said the experiences I am having mean that I am a meduim. She said I need to find a development circle.

So back I went to the spiriualist church. The put me in contact with Jenni Gomes to talk about a development circle. (I didn't even know what one of these was) She arranged to see me last weekend and gave me what she called a spiriutal appraisal. The result of which was that I am a meduim. I need to see ehr again for private training (at a cost of £30) and I can then join the development circle.

I haven't attended a spiritual church. I don't really want to, I'm not Christian. Jenni told me that spiritualism is a religion. I'm already confused about religion (see my other post).

I just don't know what to do. I agree with Skye I thought the spirits themselves would 'develop' me i that's what they want.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:28 pm

skye wrote:
    mac wrote:I said nothing about you being 'taken for a ride'. Do you fear you are?

mac, it's my understanding that a spiritual appraisal is when a developing medium has to demonstrate his or her mediumship in front of a qualified practicing medium to confirm they have attained a standard which allows them to work usually in a Spiritualist church, or for private sittings. They have to prove the information received from a spirit communicator is solid evidence of their continued survival. Also to ensure they have the confidence to demonstrate or speak in a public setting and they apply morals and ethics during delivery of their mediumship.

I've assisted in such an assessment but I hadn't heard it called that. Where this is the case the subject presumably needs to have enough experience/knowledge to be assessed in the way you've described.

That wasn't the impression I'd gained based on what member Lulu had written.
    Lulu
    Lulu

Female

Post  Lulu Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:38 pm

No the 'appraisal' I had consisted of the medium reading my aura and telling me about myself. This was pretty spot on but quite general I suppose. I had a pale pink, yellow and pale blue aura.

This meant that I have some ability but it needs to be developed as it was in the early stages.

She then told me that my grandmother is one of my guides. There was no mention of my father, who passed over before my grandmother.(A sceptic would say that at the age of 44 one wouldn't expect me to have lost my father 18 years ago) I was very close to him and still miss him.
    skye

Female

Post  skye Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:41 pm

mac wrote:
    skye wrote:

I've assisted in such an assessment but I hadn't heard it called that. Where this is the case the subject presumably needs to have enough experience/knowledge to be assessed in the way you've described.

Yes, mac they must be competent in knowledge and experience. The medium undergoing such an assessment doesn't know when this will take place they just know it will, possibly within a set time frame though. It may also be the case that the medium does not know who the assessor is going to be.

I have heard some mediums contact another person's 'spirit guide' to gain knowledge about their ongoing development of a potential medium, I don't know what this is known as though or if it is of any real benefit. Moreso because no medium can claim to make contact with a specific person so I couldn't comment on this.

mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:45 pm

I'm not going to suggest that Lulu is being taken for a ride. I don't have enough information to judge.

I'm a Spiritualist and can only assess what's been related here on that basis. A development circle doesn't require you to be anything in terms of religion - it doesn't matter what religion you may hold dear or whether you don't have any religious persuasion at all.

It's true that Spiritualism is a religion but it has few similarities with most mainstream religions. My opinion is that what you'd find in a Spiritualist church wouldn't cause you any concern, especially in light of your desire to develop. Evidential Mediumship is, after all, the bedrock of Modern Spiritualism but you don't need to be a Spiritualist to be an evidential medium.... It's not a 'spiritual' church incidentally, it's the Spiritualist church.

From what you've written it appears the development group you'd join isn't part of a Spiritualist church or centre. Maybe you ought to go along to a nearby one on a mediumship demonstration evening to see what happens? That could give you a useful insight.
    skye

Female

Post  skye Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:45 pm

Lulu wrote:Thanks for your help.

I am normally quite sceptical especially when money is mentioned lol. That's why i asked if mac thought I was being taken for a ride.

I approached a spiritual church to have a reading but couldn't get one arranged due to time/work comitments (mine and the mediums) so i searched the internet and found Susan Leybourne I e mailed her. (Sorry for mentioning names) We had a telephone conversation in which she said the experiences I am having mean that I am a meduim. She said I need to find a development circle.

So back I went to the spiriualist church. The put me in contact with Jenni Gomes to talk about a development circle. (I didn't even know what one of these was) She arranged to see me last weekend and gave me what she called a spiriutal appraisal. The result of which was that I am a meduim. I need to see ehr again for private training (at a cost of £30) and I can then join the development circle.

I haven't attended a spiritual church. I don't really want to, I'm not Christian. Jenni told me that spiritualism is a religion. I'm already confused about religion (see my other post).

I just don't know what to do. I agree with Skye I thought the spirits themselves would 'develop' me i that's what they want.

Lulu, I will let mac tell you about Spiritualism, he does it more eloquently than I ever could.

On a personal note, I wouldn't hand over any money but this is a decision you yourself have to make.

Last edited by skye on Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:52 pm

skye wrote:
    mac wrote:
    skye wrote:

Yes, mac they must be competent in knowledge and experience. The medium undergoing such an assessment doesn't know when this will take place they just know it will, possibly within a set time frame though. It may also be the case that the medium does not know who the assessor is going to be.

I have heard some mediums contact another person's 'spirit guide' to gain knowledge about their ongoing development of a potential medium, I don't know what this is known as though or if it is of any real benefit. Moreso because no medium can claim to make contact with a specific person so I couldn't comment on this.

As I indicated, I helped organise a venue for an assessment and that was for a friend. She did know when and how it would happen but I can't recall now who the assessor was but I think she was well-known in our area and may have been linked to the SNU - it's too long back for me to remember all the details.

My friend had several years experience and wanted to gain some 'accreditation' so she could be booked by the local church secretaries. I don't remember that term being used but she was assessed on the competencies you outlined.

From what I know of her situation, that of Lulu doesn't sound comparable.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:09 am