Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Lynn
1antique
mac
shayn
Violet
9 posters

Would you want to be a spirit guide?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Would you want to be a spirit guide? Empty Would you want to be a spirit guide?

Post  Violet Thu May 20, 2010 1:54 am

If you had the choice, would you?

And how do you believe it is decided who has which spirit guide, or do you believe we choose our own guide before we arrive here?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Would you want to be a spirit guide? Empty Re: Would you want to be a spirit guide?

Post  shayn Thu May 20, 2010 7:36 am

yes, i would like to be a spirit guide. don't really know why it just feels right.
    i really don't know how the system works violet, if we choose or things evolves for us or what, i don't think it matters much as i think that as long as we are in this life form we will never know for sure.

would you like to be one?

s
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Would you want to be a spirit guide? Empty Re: Would you want to be a spirit guide?

Post  mac Thu May 20, 2010 8:50 am

Violet wrote:If you had the choice, would you?

And how do you believe it is decided who has which spirit guide, or do you believe we choose our own guide before we arrive here?

ohhhh! What's a "spirit guide" please, Violet? When you've defined what one is, then I might be able to think about whether I'd want to be one....

Seriously now. You might be surprised at the range of definitions of 'spirit guide' - they can't all be right and many could be hopelessly wrong.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri May 21, 2010 10:54 pm

Hi mac, I believe a spirit guide to be a spirit who guides us through life, not living our life for us but merely assisting us along the way.
    No, there's no saying everyone is correct with their definition, or that everyone is wrong.

1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Sat May 22, 2010 12:07 am

Who is to say that some of us aren't ALREADY spirit guides part of the time? There are many of us who spend much of their sleeping time assisting others with their needs and helping to guide them.
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Sat May 22, 2010 2:18 am

Hello

I have had it shown in many a reading of many a kind that I be on the last life for now in the body form.....I came to this life with a "demotions" to learn what I was missing before I go forth to be a Guide. I have no way til it happens of knowing this be right or wrong. Will find out.

Do I want to be a Guide well I do not fear it, I would like to think that I would be good for someone as a Guide. I would like to think I am learning the life lessons well this time round. Like me Guide's I have I would make in the same "hard" life lessons if that be what was needed. I know that I was given the NDE lesson for the reason the path I was on was SO VERY BAD. I can embrace why it was done. I feel I could do the same if need be.

Lynn
    AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male
    Number of posts : 1227
    Registration date : 2010-04-08

Post  AngelTony Sat May 22, 2010 2:30 am

I think I have been a guide since I was 5, but the 80's and 90's made me wonder.Would you want to be a spirit guide? 609912

I guess the issue of your post Violet, is to be one but do it right!
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat May 22, 2010 8:24 am

Violet wrote:Hi mac, I believe a spirit guide to be a spirit who guides us through life, not living our life for us but merely assisting us along the way.
    No, there's no saying everyone is correct with their definition, or that everyone is wrong.

And that's a good start point, Violet, to begin to define what their role is....in what ways might we be assisted, for example and how far can such assistance go before it would become too influential?

Does a 'guide' steer us away from a course of action (or inaction) which would be 'harmful' (note the ' ' marks) or seek to show the alternatives before we make our choice? Or does the guide not get involved until a course of action/inaction leads to a difficulty where their subtle guidance may help to resolve the problem, hence achieving the learning-through-experience that may be a potential benefit?

If those who blithely speak of 'guides' were to sit and think about what it means, they'd begin to get some impression of how far off-the-mark their assumptions might be.....
    Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female
    Number of posts : 541
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

Post  Carolyn Sat May 22, 2010 11:20 am

definetly yes - and I think that we are already connected to those people who we would serve. You can bet I will be checking up on my kids and grandkids!
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat May 22, 2010 6:58 pm

czardoust wrote:definetly yes - and I think that we are already connected to those people who we would serve. You can bet I will be checking up on my kids and grandkids!

Yes we are already connected to those we might wish to serve but what are your skills that would allow you to be anyone's spirit guide?

Anyone may act as a helper but only certain individuals will have the necessary spiritual attributes to enable them to act as guides....

You can, of course, check up on kids, grandkids or whoever, but that doesn't mean you are necessarily suitable to be a spirit guide to all or any of 'em....
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Sat May 22, 2010 9:07 pm

Violet wrote:If you had the choice, would you?

I feel the word 'guide' is often misleading in spiritual circles as there are so many variations placed on the word. For example I refer to a guide as an enlightened and knowledgeable, spiritual being who teaches a person how to unfold and develop their mediumistic abilities. Whereas, some people claim it's a highly evolved, spiritual being who is appointed as our Spirit Guardian or, as some may say guardian angel. Other's agree it is relatives and/or friends in the spirit world who guide us. Some people don't believe there is any such person. So, it's really no surprise that confusion is seemingly apparent.

Working from my understanding of the spirit world, I would have to say that if we were educated to the required standard to teach mediumship, we would willingly want to be of service. A teaching guide has to be compatible with their student otherwise a working relationship may fail to reach it's full potential.

Perhaps it's the law of attraction that makes the final decision regarding which guide goes to which person? This also could be the case with a Spirit Guardian, although I understand these join us at birth. Therefore, they are possible with us before we incarnate as well as during and after our physical life has ended.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat May 22, 2010 10:33 pm

mac wrote:
    Violet wrote:Hi mac, I believe a spirit guide to be a spirit who guides us through life, not living our life for us but merely assisting us along the way.

And that's a good start point, Violet, to begin to define what their role is....in what ways might we be assisted, for example and how far can such assistance go before it would become too influential?
    Hi mac, imo they aren't supposed to interfere, as in stopping you doing harmful things etc but they can intervene quite forcefully very occasionally, I believe it was a guide who saved my life when I was a child in a very dangerous situation, not by physical interaction, but by words. Later in life I believe it was a guide who again warned me of a very dangerous situation. I feel I was not supposed experience what would have unfolded the second time, the first time I could have been dead, it was as simple as that. Other than that they do not interfere in my life, but I believe they inspire me and assist with my continuing development as I don't believe we ever fully develop, there is ALWAYS room for growth.

If your guide stopped you doing things, or stopped every bad thing happening you wouldn't be experiencing life fully.
    I know of people who claim they can't make a decision unless they seek their guide's 'permission' and consult them on every aspect of their life, this is when I begin to question the guide as imo guides don't poke their noses in to that extent.

Does a 'guide' steer us away from a course of action (or inaction) which would be 'harmful' (note the ' ' marks)
    imo only when absolutely necessary as in the examples above

or seek to show the alternatives before we make our choice? Or does the guide not get involved until a course of action/inaction leads to a difficulty where their subtle guidance may help to resolve the problem, hence achieving the learning-through-experience that may be a potential benefit?

I believe they can gently influence or steer us a certain way, or show us a certain way, but not to a point where they are actually deciding for us, I believe you can ask for their guidance if you have difficulties.

If those who blithely speak of 'guides' were to sit and think about what it means, they'd begin to get some impression of how far off-the-mark their assumptions might be.....
    I agree, but everyone sees guides differently, I can only comment from my own experiences, others may think i'm way off the mark, but this is my own belief about sprit guides. Would you want to be a spirit guide? 821538

sparkly
    sparkly

Female
    Number of posts : 989

Post  sparkly Sun May 23, 2010 1:44 am

i (really like and) agree with your comments here violet, a guide is there for those occasions to prevent that which would not serve your development, or conversely, to push you on, where it would.

and yes, 1 antique i agree we may/ prolly are, on somne levels, but i'd ove it as my day job! as to choosing i think it would be omn the basis of experience / path/ alignment/ vibration.

:astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri May 28, 2010 2:06 am

Thanks Sparkly, i'm not sure if i'd choose to be one, if I got someone like me i'd get very frustrated Would you want to be a spirit guide? 809779

sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Fri May 28, 2010 7:48 am

hey violet,
    i don't think you would come to the role as you, as you are now. xxx Would you want to be a spirit guide? 809779 Would you want to be a spirit guide? 809779 Would you want to be a spirit guide? 809779 Would you want to be a spirit guide? 809779 Would you want to be a spirit guide? 809779 Would you want to be a spirit guide? 809779 Would you want to be a spirit guide? 809779 Would you want to be a spirit guide? 809779 Would you want to be a spirit guide? 809779 Would you want to be a spirit guide? 809779 Would you want to be a spirit guide? 809779 Would you want to be a spirit guide? 809779 Would you want to be a spirit guide? 809779 Would you want to be a spirit guide? 809779 Would you want to be a spirit guide? 809779
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri May 28, 2010 9:27 pm

Lol, probably not Would you want to be a spirit guide? 809779

sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Sat May 29, 2010 1:37 am

and don't you think it would be grand to receive love, help and support, from someone who has been there,

not just in theory....

wonderful things to be able to share...give back!

:bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat May 29, 2010 1:41 am

Yes definately, I think it would be quite an honour to become a spirit guide. Would you want to be a spirit guide? 15910

AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male

Post  AngelTony Sat May 29, 2010 1:56 am

yes, i would give my life to become a spirit guide. :bfs:

:bfs: I would be scared but I would close my eyes awaiting the sting. :bfs:
    :bfs: with a smile :bfs:
    :cool:

:love:

and before someone tears me apart, I think I am almost dead, so I will welcome the sting....
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Sat May 29, 2010 2:10 am

i think it's wonderful to give your life for/to a cause, but that doesn't mean you have to lose the life.

:ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:
    AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male

Post  AngelTony Sat May 29, 2010 2:19 am

I know, when he wants me, I'm there...
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Sat May 29, 2010 2:23 am

hi angel tony, when you say "he", do you mean a particular charge?.

:ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:
    AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male

Post  AngelTony Sat May 29, 2010 4:39 am

no just the devine spirit, god, the universe.
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Sat May 29, 2010 4:53 am

thought that later, but at first i thought you meant...

your charge/ person you look after...

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

ps think god is a he?
    AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male

Post  AngelTony Sat May 29, 2010 4:58 am

sparkly wrote:thought that later, but at first i thought you meant...

your charge/ person you look after...

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

ps think god is a he?

No thats just 50 years of childhood upbringing, and its easy to say. When ever I say God I alwasy use a capaital G. Seems like good respect. and Angels too. I would just say One, but then Im confused! Would you want to be a spirit guide? 368832

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:56 am