Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Native spirit
Auras123
Violet
Lulu
8 posters

Is this my spirit guide?

Lulu
    Lulu

Female
    Number of posts : 22
    Job/hobbies : Job:Chemist Hobbies: Gardening, Reading, Painting
    Registration date : 2011-08-26

Is this my spirit guide? - Page 2 Empty Is this my spirit guide?

Post  Lulu Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

A few years ago I was taking my car out of the garage , one morning preparing to drive to work. As I looked in the rear view mirror, I saw a man standing on the drive way behind me. I stopped the car and got out so I could ask him what he wanted. Before I could speak to him, he disappeared.

It was a normal bright day, not dark and I had seen him clearly.

Sometime later I saw him again and I have seen him several times since. Sometimes I see him at night or sometimes during the day. I think I even saw him sitting in my car, but before I can get close to him or speak, he disappears.

He looks like he is real, like he has substance, not see through. I would describe him as being very tall, over 6 feet and very thin. He always wears a black cloak or some kind of coat with a hood. I can’t see his feet or face clearly but he has pale skin and long black hair. He reminds me of a cross between a monk and count Dracula. His description sounds quite scary but I’m not at all frightened of him, in fact he makes me feel peaceful and calm.

The reason I am writing is because my mother has now seen him in my bedroom at night and she gave me a perfect description of him. I want to find out who he is, and would like to communicate with him but I don’t know how? could he be a spirit guide? If so would my mother have been able to see him? If not then who is he? I have lived in different houses so its not a ghost associated with the house.

I tried the meditation to contact a spirit guide but I either lose concentration or fall asleep. A friend said it sounds like a Russian or East European priest.

Can someone help please?
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Is this my spirit guide? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this my spirit guide?

Post  skye Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:54 pm

Lulu wrote:No the 'appraisal' I had consisted of the medium reading my aura and telling me about myself. This was pretty spot on but quite general I suppose. I had a pale pink, yellow and pale blue aura.

This meant that I have some ability but it needs to be developed as it was in the early stages.

She then told me that my grandmother is one of my guides. There was no mention of my father, who passed over before my grandmother.(A sceptic would say that at the age of 44 one wouldn't expect me to have lost my father 18 years ago) I was very close to him and still miss him.

Speaking from my experience our relatives can assist and observe our guides as helpers, but they will not be a 'teaching guide' to help with development as they won't have the knowledge or experience behind them.

Others have the choice to disagree but it makes complete sense to me.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:00 pm

skye wrote:
    Lulu wrote:Thanks for your help.

I am normally quite sceptical especially when money is mentioned lol. That's why i asked if mac thought I was being taken for a ride.

I approached a spiritual church to have a reading but couldn't get one arranged due to time/work comitments (mine and the mediums) so i searched the internet and found Susan Leybourne I e mailed her. (Sorry for mentioning names) We had a telephone conversation in which she said the experiences I am having mean that I am a meduim. She said I need to find a development circle.

So back I went to the spiriualist church. The put me in contact with Jenni Gomes to talk about a development circle. (I didn't even know what one of these was) She arranged to see me last weekend and gave me what she called a spiriutal appraisal. The result of which was that I am a meduim. I need to see ehr again for private training (at a cost of £30) and I can then join the development circle.

I haven't attended a spiritual church. I don't really want to, I'm not Christian. Jenni told me that spiritualism is a religion. I'm already confused about religion (see my other post).

I just don't know what to do. I agree with Skye I thought the spirits themselves would 'develop' me i that's what they want.

Lulu, I will let mac tell you about Spiritualism, he does it more eloquently than I ever could.

On a personal note, I wouldn't hand over any money but this is a decision you yourself have to make.

Thank you for your compliment but I suspect that we're not actually speaking about Spiritualism in Lulu's situation. I agree with your comment about money but as you also say that's up to Lulu.
    skye

Female

Post  skye Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:02 pm

mac wrote:

As I indicated, I helped organise a venue for an assessment and that was for a friend. She did know when and how it would happen but I can't recall now who the assessor was but I think she was well-known in our area and may have been linked to the SNU - it's too long back for me to remember all the details.

My friend had several years experience and wanted to gain some 'accreditation' so she could be booked by the local church secretaries. I don't remember that term being used but she was assessed on the competencies you outlined.

From what I know of her situation, that of Lulu doesn't sound comparable.[/quote]

Thanks mac. They may call it 'accreditation' these days, I've no experience in this area.It is organised by the SNU tho. I think it's a good to undergo such tests for as you say mediumship is the bedrock of Spiritualism. Yet, some churches choose who they want the demonstrator to be regardless of whether they have such a qualification. Sadly this defeats the object.
    skye

Female

Post  skye Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:04 pm

mac wrote:

Thank you for your compliment but I suspect that we're not actually speaking about Spiritualism in Lulu's situation. I agree with your comment about money but as you also say that's up to Lulu.

Agreed.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:06 am

I agree with much of the advice which has already been given here, i've not much to add other than those fees seem a bit steep there are some good experienced mediums around who will run development circles for free or minimal cost, i'm always suspicious of people who charge a lot for such things. :bfs:

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Lulu
    Lulu

Female

Post  Lulu Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:02 am

Thanks to all for your replies. I was joining in the conversation but for some reason my posts didn't show up.

I wanted to say sorry about the typo's. I know its called a spiritualist church I made an error because I was trying to type quickly.

I've descided not to attend the development classes. I'd rather leave it and see what/ if anything develops itself. Is this my spirit guide? - Page 2 101500
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:22 am

Lulu wrote:Thanks to all for your replies. I was joining in the conversation but for some reason my posts didn't show up.

I wanted to say sorry about the typo's. I know its called a spiritualist church I made an error because I was trying to type quickly.

I've descided not to attend the development classes. I'd rather leave it and see what/ if anything develops itself. Is this my spirit guide? - Page 2 101500

There's a thread running on another of my regular websites where I've asked there about charges. I'll post any details I get plus any other information that might be relevant or helpful.

In the meantime I urge you to consider what I suggested about going to at least one church or centre to see a demo of mediumship. If there are other churches in your area you might want to go to them too for comparison.

Additionally it would do no harm at all to be a 'lurker' on websites where mediumship gets discussed. I'm a great believer in getting the soundest database of information possible and that's always been my approach. As you're a scientist I'd expect that might appeal to you. At the very minimum you could gauge your interest and it might help you understand what's been happening.

Perhaps most importantly you will likely get to meet individuals for whom this subject is familiar, folk who might give you some pointers.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:40 am

I've had one reply and learned that in that member's case, 11 group members paid £1 each per session for the room rent in the Spiritualist church where they were members.

That's kinda what I was expecting but I know I can be way out of date with modern day prices so I needed to check.
    Lulu
    Lulu

Female

Post  Lulu Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:28 pm

That's very interesting.

I was quoted £30 for one to one sessions. I would need maybe two of these to 'prepare' me to attend the classes. Whatever that meant i'm not sure. Then £20 each session once a month, which would be in a group of 10 people, including myself, to take place in Huntingdon spiritualist Church. The sessions would last 6 hours each time with a break for lunch.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:47 pm

Lulu wrote:That's very interesting.

I was quoted £30 for one to one sessions. I would need maybe two of these to 'prepare' me to attend the classes. Whatever that meant i'm not sure. Then £20 each session once a month, which would be in a group of 10 people, including myself, to take place in Huntingdon spiritualist Church. The sessions would last 6 hours each time with a break for lunch.

It seems that you've been quoted for something very different to what I'd thought the development would work would be.

Last edited by mac on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:18 pm

Huntingdon? You're just up the road from me,used to attend the church when I lived in Brampton.
    A bit further down the road now....nice church though.
    Joanie
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:18 pm

I agree with Mac seeing a medium work at your local Spiritualist Churc is great, you don't have to be a member to go and it is fascinating to see how they work especially if you go several times and see several mediums.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    skye

Female

Post  skye Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:49 am

Could it be the people running these sessions are doing them in a form of a workshop and the prices reflect this?

When I started my development, the group paid only for the room to cover electric and heating,and tea and coffee etc.
    AngelGoddess
    Just joined

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2015-06-08

Post  AngelGoddess Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:06 am

Lulu wrote:A few years ago I was taking my car out of the garage , one morning preparing to drive to work. As I looked in the rear view mirror, I saw a man standing on the drive way behind me. I stopped the car and got out so I could ask him what he wanted. Before I could speak to him, he disappeared.

Sometime later I saw him again and I have seen him several times since. Sometimes I see him at night or sometimes during the day. I think I even saw him sitting in my car, but before I can get close to him or speak, he disappears.

He looks like he is real, like he has substance, not see through. I would describe him as being very tall, over 6 feet and very thin. He always wears a black cloak or some kind of coat with a hood. I can’t see his feet or face clearly but he has pale skin and long black hair. He reminds me of a cross between a monk and count Dracula. His description sounds quite scary but I’m not at all frightened of him, in fact he makes me feel peaceful and calm.

The reason I am writing is because my mother has now seen him in my bedroom at night and she gave me a perfect description of him. I want to find out who he is, and would like to communicate with him but I don’t know how? could he be a spirit guide? If so would my mother have been able to see him? If not then who is he? I have lived in different houses so its not a ghost associated with the house.

I tried the meditation to contact a spirit guide but I either lose concentration or fall asleep. A friend said it sounds like a Russian or East European priest.  

Can someone help please?

LOL he sounds just like my spirit guide herard!. Does he have a soft deep voice that is slightly raspy kind of? and does he look like he is in his early 20s? maybe 23ish?.I highly doubt it could be him but i figured i would ask.The black cloak , the hair , and the fact that he was a priest sounds just like my guide and the fact that he makes you peaceful and calm sounds like him too even so he is dark looking .My guide is a priest of the god lugh though so i could be wrong. He does really remind me of my guide herard though it would be cool if it was him. :)
    skye

Female

Post  skye Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:27 pm

AngelGoddess wrote:
    Lulu wrote:A few years ago I was taking my car out of the garage , one morning preparing to drive to work. As I looked in the rear view mirror, I saw a man standing on the drive way behind me. I stopped the car and got out so I could ask him what he wanted. Before I could speak to him, he disappeared.

Can someone help please?

LOL he sounds just like my spirit guide herard!. Does he have a soft deep voice that is slightly raspy kind of? and does he look like he is in his early 20s? maybe 23ish?.I highly doubt it could be him but i figured i would ask.The black cloak , the hair , and the fact that he was a priest sounds just like my guide and the fact that he makes you peaceful and calm sounds like him too even so he is dark looking .My guide is a priest of the god lugh though so i could be wrong. He does really remind me of my guide herard though it would be cool if it was him. :)

Hi AngelGoddess, welcome to the forum,

Someone would need to be a medium to contact the man you describe above. And, communication could only take place if the discarnate Spirit himself wanted to communicate. My limited experience of guides are they are evolved Spirits beings who are drawn to a person for the purpose of Mediumship. 

There are other Spirits beings, some are known as doorkeeper's or Spirit Guardian's - whichever terminology you prefer to use - who are with us from before birth to shortly after our physical death. 

The man you mention above may have been a Priest of God on the physical plane, but this will bear no influence or relevance on who he is today. His Spirit may be related to the house and not to any particular person. You could consider doing some research of the house or the area to see if anything comes to light in relation to him, if you're interested enough. 

I wish you well.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:46 pm