Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Onyx
RavenMoon
Violet
Native spirit
innerlight
dovehealer
10 posters

Would anyone like a medium reading?

dovehealer
    dovehealer

Female
    Number of posts : 112
    Registration date : 2014-04-14

Would anyone like a medium reading? Empty Would anyone like a medium reading?

Post  dovehealer Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:21 pm

I've been recently been getting messages from crossed loved ones. It's been wonderful but I would like to try to connect with a loved one for someone I don't know & get feedback on accuracy. Any takers? And please don't tell me who it is
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Would anyone like a medium reading? Empty Re: Would anyone like a medium reading?

Post  innerlight Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:25 pm

Sure, I would be willing to help out, and could use some advice on my life at this time.. It seems I am at a crossroads, and could use spirits guidance.. I will offer feedback.
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Would anyone like a medium reading? Empty Re: Would anyone like a medium reading?

Post  Native spirit Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:04 pm

You could try to read me if you can.i will give feedback.

Namaste
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:06 am

Yes please if you get chance/feel drawn.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    RavenMoon
    RavenMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 585
    Job/hobbies : fulltime and lots of interests
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  RavenMoon Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:25 am

would love one at present.. if you have time... :hugz:
    Onyx
    Onyx

Female
    Number of posts : 44
    Job/hobbies : Photography, Sales Person, Reading, Living
    Registration date : 2014-11-01

Post  Onyx Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:49 am

I would also love one if you can :) I will also happily give you feedback :) Practice makes perfect :)
    dovehealer
    dovehealer

Female

Post  dovehealer Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:29 pm

Wow, I wasn't expecting working on my "medium" skills would be so difficult and jumbled! I thought I will just post here instead of pm'ing any one of you by yourself. I had so many different  and strange things come through. I was intentionally working on my clairvoyance as that has been the most challenging. Silly me assumed I would have a clear picture I could describe but different spirits were jumping in. I started working on innerlight but knew four others wanted readings to..I now wonder if all the activity is for more than inner light. So ... Here is the crazy stuff..let me know if it makes sense to anyone.

First a male w tribal face paint then close up of him w/out the paint- about 60 yrs old long black hair w some gray..weathered looking but strong. (I was assuming a guide)

Then I had a scene of someone doing what looked to be martial arts 

Their was a husband and wife fairly young

A blond haired boy about 12 w a bowl type hairstyle wearing a turtleneck and sweater appearing to be raising his hand in class.

A school picture of a elementry age little girl who was a little chubby with brown curly (frizzy) hair

Quite a few animals..hawk, horse and wolf

A scene of someone that was held captive and an empty room w a toilet in it..not a normal toilet..very low to the ground.

A lot of spirits in the background that were just shadows. They would start walking forward an then I would lose them.

It was a lot swirling a beautiful swirling tunnel with gold flecks..but at the end of it ..it was just space with lots of stars.

Sounds cliche but I saw a rainbow

Very strange yet enjoyable experiance, It was frustrating how quickly thing came and went..or something would start to appear and then stop. It sure doesn't seem like all this stuff is something anyone could relate to. I think I need to make my intentions more clear next time. It certainly wasn't like watching a movie
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:06 pm

dovehealer wrote:Wow, I wasn't expecting working on my "medium" skills would be so difficult and jumbled! I thought I will just post here instead of pm'ing any one of you by yourself. I had so many different  and strange things come through. I was intentionally working on my clairvoyance as that has been the most challenging. Silly me assumed I would have a clear picture I could describe but different spirits were jumping in. I started working on innerlight but knew four others wanted readings to..I now wonder if all the activity is for more than inner light. So ... Here is the crazy stuff..let me know if it makes sense to anyone.

First a male w tribal face paint then close up of him w/out the paint- about 60 yrs old long black hair w some gray..weathered looking but strong. (I was assuming a guide)

Then I had a scene of someone doing what looked to be martial arts 

Their was a husband and wife fairly young

A blond haired boy about 12 w a bowl type hairstyle wearing a turtleneck and sweater appearing to be raising his hand in class.

A school picture of a elementry age little girl who was a little chubby with brown curly (frizzy) hair

Quite a few animals..hawk, horse and wolf

A scene of someone that was held captive and an empty room w a toilet in it..not a normal toilet..very low to the ground.

A lot of spirits in the background that were just shadows. They would start walking forward an then I would lose them.

It was a lot swirling a beautiful swirling tunnel with gold flecks..but at the end of it ..it was just space with lots of stars.

Sounds cliche but I saw a rainbow

Very strange yet enjoyable experiance, It was frustrating how quickly thing came and went..or something would start to appear and then stop. It sure doesn't seem like all this stuff is something anyone could relate to. I think I need to make my intentions more clear next time. It certainly wasn't like watching a movie

Well thank you for taking the time to provide a reading for me, and the others here. I know exactly what you mean, with getting lots of rapid messages, that seem jumbled and what not. That's how it currently works for me. The moment I am relaxed, the images just fly on out. Not control of my own. And all random, and hardly make any sense. The other thing with them, and doing readings, is understanding when it happened in time. Is it current, or is it earlier in life, or is it a live before or after this... Time is a tricky subject..

That said, I think a few of these hit home with me. So thank you for that. I'm not familiar with my guides appearance, so I can not claim the first one as a guide for me, but can not say they are not one for me. Physically the person does not relate to me in the real world.

I do not partake in martial arts, but I do watch it from time to time. It's been a while on that.

I'm not married, so I can not claim that.. Unless its premonition? I have had dreams of being married, but nothing on the horizon..

Now, the next, I can take. As I am blond in life. Strawberry blond. On my computer and wall, there is a picture of myself in a red turtleneck, with a bowl type haircut,  sitting at a desk for speech class. Though, this was before I was twelve.

I believe the girl resonated with someone I knew as a child. Around the same time as when I was in that class. From the pictures I've seen of her, at least think they were of her. It's been a long time since I've seen her. We were really close, but then one day she moved to live with her dad, and I never saw her. That was the first time I lost love in my life.

I don't think I can claim the animals. Though at one time in my spiritual journey I would see a lot of hawks. And they were at the time, a sign of spirit around me.

The next one is a really interesting, and I think it may relate to a past life of mine... I have in this life issues with my stomach, and using the bathrooms. And I have wondered if there was something that originated before this life. And I think this may be the piece I have been looking for.

A lot of spirits in the background.. Well my mom recently told me in a dream, that is on this forum, that I am a medium. So that could be reflective of spirits coming forward for me to give messages from them.

In a few of my visions where I am just staring into nothing, I will somehow be looking out as if I am looking at nothing but stars.. It's always a lovely sight, and makes me wonder if those times it happens, if I am looking with some sort of remote viewing and am just seeing the sky and stars at night..

Rainbows could be anything..

So thanks...
    Onyx
    Onyx

Female
    Number of posts : 44
    Job/hobbies : Photography, Sales Person, Reading, Living
    Registration date : 2014-11-01

Post  Onyx Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:00 pm

Wow, I remember while i was working on claireaudience, my room was a bit like waterloo station! and eventually i just said stop! and put a stop to it all.It was so overwhelming! but i realise that it may be normal :)

Well done with the what you have done... The horse may be mine lol... but none of the other symbols sadly resonate with me today. You are doing awesomely by the seems of things
    :congrats:
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:06 pm

I hate to put a dampener on your enthusiasm but I hope you won't mind the thoughts of someone who's not involved but is interested and moderately knowledgeable.

For true mediumship - evidential mediumship if that's what you're hoping to improve in yourself - the 'reading' needs to be targeted and relevant for it to have significance and importance.  If you're hearing all kinds of details from various, undidentified communicators and then throwing them out broadcast it's not the mediumship I understand. 

Just imagine if you stood in front of a crowd of folk here in this world and they were shouting out details at you which you then passed on to another crowd who couldn't hear them.  Some of the details may be from one individual intended for another but you've no way of knowing which.  Others may be a story of someone who's interested in telling you about herself/himself with perhaps just a few details to pass on to someone else - but you've no way of working out which detail is which or who it's intended for or even if the person is there to hear.  Pass on all the bits you're getting and some will appear to fit when actually they don't, others will be accepted by the wrong person(s) eager to hear something that involves them without that necessarily being the case.

Is that what's happening to you?  Developing discrimination and accuracy is something that may take time and practice working with small numbers of individuals and maybe the help of an experienced medium.  That way there's a better chance, in my view, of conveying meaningful information from your discarnate communicators to their intended recipients. 
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:24 pm

I agree with mac about the mediumship bits
    For true mediumship - evidential mediumship if that's what you're hoping to improve in yourself - the 'reading' needs to be targeted and relevant for it to have significance and importance.

I only give mediumship sittings in person, I find that otherwise there can be too much confusion, too much haphazard information over the net, and of course I am in a position to comfort and support the sitter in person too. True mediumship is not a reading it takes place in a sitting with spirit and the sitter and the medium providing the link or channel.  You might need the services of a Gatekeeper too.

But Dovehealer said that she was trying out her clairvoyant skills?but with so many different people's energies on one thread it would be very hard to narrow down to just one.

The 'movie' is hard to control and can respond to stimulus in the sub-conscious. It's possible to create a link to another person who is not present but the reading is not the same as getting a message from dead spirits but from the living breathing energy.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:03 pm

In her opening posting in this thread titled "Would anyone like a medium reading" she said "I've been recently been getting messages from crossed loved ones. It's been wonderful but I would like to try to connect with a loved one for someone I don't know & get feedback on accuracy. Any takers? And please don't tell me who it is"

From that I took it she was meaning mediumship - was I wrong?  Clairvoyance is simply a description of the type of mediumship being used.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:20 pm

mac wrote:In her opening posting in this thread titled "Would anyone like a medium reading" she said "I've been recently been getting messages from crossed loved ones. It's been wonderful but I would like to try to connect with a loved one for someone I don't know & get feedback on accuracy. Any takers? And please don't tell me who it is"

From that I took it she was meaning mediumship - was I wrong?  Clairvoyance is simply a description of the type of mediumship being used.
     See where you are coming from, I read the post that gave the details
    I was intentionally working on my clairvoyance as that has been the most challenging.

I don't see clairvoyance as the same as mediumship at all.

Clairvoyance has no need of spirit or a guide.

Clairvoyance is 'clear seeing' of the reader.

For instance I may go into a building or a room or touch someone and suddenly 'see' in  miilli-seconds an image or be transported back to something that happened.
    dovehealer
    dovehealer

Female

Post  dovehealer Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:58 pm

Thanks for the input Mac. I have recently had a lot of communication w loved ones however the last message I recieved was completely clairaudience. It was my step grandfather who passed when I was 2. I didn't know him. The way he talked was so strange that it really made me ask my older siblings about him. This is somewhat what he said, in a very Shakespearean kid of way..
    I lived by the name Stewert, with me two wives have passed and I come from a line of three.

And that's it, the voice was gone.. I called my oldest sister and asked if Stewert was my Grandmas husband & of course she said yes. I asked if he was married twice before grandma (she's still alive) and my sis said I think he was married only once before. I thought, what the hell..I'll call my grandma, I told her what happened and she started laughing and said, yes..that's Stewert alright. He was married twice before me and they both had passed away. So, he revealed a little family secret to prove it was him.
    After all of that I was excited but sad I couldn't see what he looked like. So I thought I could work on the clairvoyance aspect of mediumship. Problem 1 is spirit contacts me..in this case, I was trying to contact them. I do think I need a "guide" or someone to help filter. And I have zero reference point. I guess I'm learning though mistakes.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:01 am

dovehealer wrote:Thanks for the input Mac. I have recently had a lot of communication w loved ones however the last message I recieved was completely clairaudience. It was my step grandfather who passed when I was 2. I didn't know him. The way he talked was so strange that it really made me ask my older siblings about him. This is somewhat what he said, in a very Shakespearean kid of way..
    I lived by the name Stewert, with me two wives have passed and I come from a line of three.

And that's it, the voice was gone.. I called my oldest sister and asked if Stewert was my Grandmas husband & of course she said yes. I asked if he was married twice before grandma (she's still alive) and my sis said I think he was married only once before. I thought, what the hell..I'll call my grandma, I told her what happened and she started laughing and said, yes..that's Stewert alright. He was married twice before me and they both had passed away. So, he revealed a little family secret to prove it was him.
    After all of that I was excited but sad I couldn't see what he looked like. So I thought I could work on the clairvoyance aspect of mediumship. Problem 1 is spirit contacts me..in this case, I was trying to contact them. I do think I need a "guide" or someone to help filter. And I have zero reference point. I guess I'm learning though mistakes.
    It appears we see mediumship in the same way.  Whether it's clairaudience or clairvoyance it doesn't really matter in my view provided it does what we want it to... 

Your clairaudient contact with your step grandad was a good example of evidential mediumship, in that instance something for yourself.  As you've also found, though, your personal attributes don't always provide clairvoyance but in time it may and I hope that's so for you.  Have you looked into getting some help to try to to improve the way you work?
    dovehealer
    dovehealer

Female

Post  dovehealer Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:13 pm

mac wrote:
    dovehealer wrote:Thanks for the input Mac. I have recently had a lot of communication w loved ones however the last message I recieved was completely clairaudience. It was my step grandfather who passed when I was 2. I didn't know him. The way he talked was so strange that it really made me ask my older siblings about him. This is somewhat what he said, in a very Shakespearean kid of way..

It appears we see mediumship in the same way.  Whether it's clairaudience or clairvoyance it doesn't really matter in my view provided it does what we want it to... 

Your clairaudient contact with your step grandad was a good example of evidential mediumship, in that instance something for yourself.  As you've also found, though, your personal attributes don't always provide clairvoyance but in time it may and I hope that's so for you.  Have you looked into getting some help to try to to improve the way you work?
    I would certainly love to get help to improve my "whatever it is im doing" ha ha. I'm not quite sure where & whom that would be. I've read hundreds of books on just about every topic under the "spiritual rainbow". I've always been fairly content reading two books (I like to jump from one book to the next when I get bored with one) my tarot cards, Angel cards & spirit guide. Something is definitely different now ...I'm still not sure on a "formal tecnique" on connecting w spirit.. But I keep my mind open...I'm just a bra burner by nature & have always fought systems & processes. A reoccurring theme as of late has been "don't reinvent the wheel". So maybe I would benifit from a formalized process. How would I find that?
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:51 am

dovehealer wrote:
    mac wrote:

I would certainly love to get help to improve my "whatever it is im doing" ha ha. I'm not quite sure where & whom that would be. I've read hundreds of books on just about every topic under the "spiritual rainbow". I've always been fairly content reading two books (I like to jump from one book to the next when I get bored with one) my tarot cards, Angel cards & spirit guide. Something is definitely different now ...I'm still not sure on a "formal tecnique" on connecting w spirit.. But I keep my mind open...I'm just a bra burner by nature & have always fought systems & processes. A reoccurring theme as of late has been "don't reinvent the wheel". So maybe I would benifit from a formalized process. How would I find that?
    There's no need for a prescriptive or formalized approach but I think you would benefit from learning how to make best use of your attributes.  If you had lived in the UK I would have been able to suggest something you could consider but over here in the USA there isn't the Spiritualist church structure found in the UK in which can be found development groups or circles led by experienced mediums.

There are some churches in the USA but I don't know if they have similar development groups so I'm unable to help you and I'm sorry about that.  It's also important to note that in the USA there appears not to be the traditional evidential mediumship situation and the mediumship itself is often closer to psychic awareness and/or reading.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:59 am

Crystal wrote:
    mac wrote:In her opening posting in this thread titled "Would anyone like a medium reading" she said "I've been recently been getting messages from crossed loved ones. It's been wonderful but I would like to try to connect with a loved one for someone I don't know & get feedback on accuracy. Any takers? And please don't tell me who it is"

I was intentionally working on my clairvoyance as that has been the most challenging.

For instance I may go into a building or a room or touch someone and suddenly 'see' in  miilli-seconds an image or be transported back to something that happened.
     In my view what you've described in your last sentence is simply down to psychic awareness.

Traditionally, in Spiritualism, mediumship is commonly characterised as being clairvoyant and/or clairaudient - 'clear-seeing' and 'clear-hearing' relating to how the medium discerns their spirit communicator.

In the USA, psychic awareness and/or sensitivity is often seen as mediumship but if the practitioner does not facilitate communication between discarnates ('spirits') and incarnates (ourselves) then it's not mediumship using the simple approach found in the UK's Modern Spiritualist movement.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:24 pm

Yeah the same old argument/discussion.

I don't agree. Clairvoyance is very different to mediumship or psychic awareness. It is direct, no spirit, no guide, but direct commmunication and action.

I thought your interpretation of mediumship always uses a guide and the medium is the medium that the information comes through, from the spirit to the guide the the medium to the sitter?
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:31 pm

Crystal wrote:Yeah the same old argument/discussion.

I don't agree. Clairvoyance is very different to mediumship or psychic awareness. It is direct, no spirit, no guide, but direct commmunication and action.

I thought your interpretation of mediumship always uses a guide and the medium is the medium that the information comes through, from the spirit to the guide the the medium to the sitter?

It's a different pair of approaches.  It's very much NOT my personal version or interpretation.  You see clairvoyance in a different way but what you described is - for me - psychic awareness.  For me clairvoyance is a traditional form of mediumship in the way I described earlier.

What I wrote explains the position is from the perspective of Spiritualism and what I described is - I think I'm right - the way mediumship is generally explained in UK Spiritualism. (In the USA things may be different.)  

There's no direct involvement of a guide (though one or others may help) in such mediumship and I haven't heard that suggestion before.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:42 pm

In respect of mediumship and clairvoyance the link below may help better explain the direction from which I approach the situation.  It's from an Australian church but what there is in line with what I know of the UK Spiritualist church approach - I just happen to have read it recently while researching another issue.

Hope it helps....

http://spiritualist-church.org.au/index.php/spiritualism-2/mediumship/

Crystal wrote:Yeah the same old argument/discussion.

skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:20 am

Crystal wrote:

Hi Crystal,

From my understanding and experience Clairvoyance is clear seeing, picking up or tuning in to hidden energies on a physical vibration or a spiritual vibration. Clairvoyance isn't the same as mediumship but it is one of the psychic faculties that some mediums may work with when communicating with a spirit communicator, whether this is a spirit guide or a member of your family. Or, when they begin to work on a psychic level which is tuning into the energies around the recipient.

Psychic readers receive images via a combination of working with symbolism and clairvoyance to 'see' the images when using tools such as cards, ribbons, scrunched up paper etc. In reality they are actually tuning in to the energies around the recipient and not the tools, they are just a focal point to assist the reader.

When you touch someone or an object, you're practising Psychometry and using the faculty known as Clair sentience, which is sensing the hidden energies of the object or person. Any images you 'see' is due to Clairvoyance and, it is without doubt as instant as milli seconds. So, although you may assume you're working with one, you are using two of the Clair faculties.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:55 am

To save hunting, this is how the Australian church sees clairvoyance...

Mediumship can be divided into two types, Mental Mediumship and Physical Mediumship. Mental Mediumship can be split into three more categories: 

• Clairvoyance

• Clairaudience

• Clairsentience

Mental Mediumship uses our Psychic senses for the communication between the two worlds, whereas Physical Mediumship endeavours to have those in the spirit world communicate through some Physical means.

Clairvoyance

A person who is Clairvoyant can see Spirits.  This usually means they see the person communicating in their minds eye, which can be in the form of a picture or like watching a television in your head.  Some Mediums can see Spirits with their Physical eyes as if there is another person in the same room as themselves.  The Medium will then describe what they see to whoever is having a reading.  It is not always people that Mediums see, it can also be animals or even objects and symbols.  Some objects will be given to the Medium to be interpreted symbolically.

Clairaudience

With this form of Mediumship the person hears the spirit communicating with them.  Again this can be voices in the Mediums head or thoughts running through the mind.  Sometimes a Medium will actually hear someone talking to them with their physical ears.  The medium will not only “hear” voices but can also be given music or singing.

Clairsentience

This in some schools of Mediumship is the most common form and experienced very often by people just beginning to understand the gift that they have.  This type of Mediumship takes the form of the Medium sensing a spirit presence, usually through feelings.  Mediums often feel as if they are being touched, feelings of cold or slight breezes wafting past them.  Sometimes they can have the feeling of cobwebs on their face or can even smell fragrances associated with the spirit presence of their time on earth.

Mediums will use one or more of these forms of communication in order to convey messages from the spirit world.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:45 pm

It's been an interesting comparison of how different folk see things very differently from one another....

Working from fundamentals 'clairvoyance' or 'clairvoyant' come from (I guess) French words clair (clear) and voyant meaning seeing.  Hence 'clair voyant' could be applied to any attribute where one can claim to have 'clear vision' about a matter ie one is clairvoyant or shows clairvoyance.  Where Modern Spiritualism speaks about 'clairvoyance', however, it's generally in the context of clairvoyant mediumship and is a contraction of those two words.

Dovehealer mentioned working on her clairvoyance in posting no.7 under a title for her thread which mentions "medium reading".  Putting the two together (and from what she says in her later posting) I felt she was speaking about clairvoyant mediumship.

I'm quite comfortable, though, to accept that some others understands the word 'clairvoyant' in a sense outlined earlier but for me that would be clairvoyant psychic sensitivity.
    cheeneka
    cheeneka

Female
    Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2014-11-28

Would anyone like a medium reading? Empty medium

Post  cheeneka Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:36 pm

dovehealer wrote:I've been recently been getting messages from crossed loved ones. It's been wonderful but I would like to try to connect with a loved one for someone I don't know & get feedback on accuracy. Any takers? And please don't tell me who it is

HI

I am new here but I was drawn to this post.

I believe we all have the power to be a medium, we limit ourselves by limiting our possibilities.
    Spirit communicates through thoughts, telepathy is the language of soul.
    We are never separated from spirit, we just think we are.
    Our departed are always communicating with us, we are just not aware of this.
    When we ask a question of our loved ones, we have to remember to listen for the answer, listen to your thoughts when you ask..........

LOve cheeneka x

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:07 pm