Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Aqua
millergrls
6 posters

Working with light?

millergrls
    millergrls

Female
    Number of posts : 1385
    Job/hobbies : Dispatcher
    Registration date : 2012-11-02

Working with light? Empty Working with light?

Post  millergrls Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:47 pm

Does working with light tend to leave you exhausted?  And are there way to prevent this?

Recently, I decided to go shopping at a metaphysical store and found a book.  I picked up this book and began reading.  I know that this sounds odd...but a wonderful feeling of love and joy overtook me.  it is hard to described how peaceful and loving it felt.  It is a great book.  (of course I realized that it is a third book of the series so I had to order the others).  It is a book on spiritual growth, connecting with your higher self as well as working with love and light.  I have been practicing my energy work working on drawing light to me and then expanding it outwards to others.  I feel this overwhelming need to make others feel better and good.  However I have felt exhausted.  It doesn't matter whether I have had five hours of sleep or ten I am still just exhausted.  Yesterday I woke up and within two hours I was back to sleep.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Aqua
    Aqua

Female
    Number of posts : 314
    Registration date : 2014-12-11

Working with light? Empty Re: Working with light?

Post  Aqua Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:09 am

Energy work can be draining, especially if you're sensitive to the negative energies
    of others. Always use some form of protection first.
    millergrls
    millergrls

Female

Post  millergrls Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:36 am

Thank you I will begin to do this.  I was under the assumption by calling the light to me with the highest for for myself and others that I was protecting myself.  but not enough obviously.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:19 pm

Energy work or light work etc should not be exhausting it should be exhilarating and energising or you are doing it wrong. 

It sounds like you are using your own life force energy rather than actually being a conduit and allowing the outside energy to flow through you. It's a simple error that a lot of people make when they are first starting out :) It sounds like your intentions are good but you just need a bit more basic knowledge to help you through.

Do you know anything about protection and grounding, centering or earthing? These are the basics. Does the book actually explain these things? Some people do them naturally and forget to write and include them.
    millergrls
    millergrls

Female

Post  millergrls Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:09 pm

Thank you. I need to start Grounding more. I feel the exhilaration and energy. I also think that there are life style changes that I could make. :bfs:
    Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  Auras Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:11 pm

millergrls wrote:Does working with light tend to leave you exhausted?  And are there way to prevent this?

Recently, I decided to go shopping at a metaphysical store and found a book.  I picked up this book and began reading.  I know that this sounds odd...but a wonderful feeling of love and joy overtook me.  it is hard to described how peaceful and loving it felt.  It is a great book.  (of course I realized that it is a third book of the series so I had to order the others).  It is a book on spiritual growth, connecting with your higher self as well as working with love and light.  I have been practicing my energy work working on drawing light to me and then expanding it outwards to others.  I feel this overwhelming need to make others feel better and good.  However I have felt exhausted.  It doesn't matter whether I have had five hours of sleep or ten I am still just exhausted.  Yesterday I woke up and within two hours I was back to sleep.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Grounding and Centering will help alot when it comes to energy work.
    millergrls
    millergrls

Female

Post  millergrls Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:08 pm

Thank you to everyone for your replies!!!  I appreciate everything!!  I will keep it all in mind!!!
    Aqua
    Aqua

Female
    Number of posts : 314
    Registration date : 2014-12-11

Post  Aqua Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:22 am

Don't get discouraged, 

Glad you like your book, I hope you find it helpful. :asmile:
    millergrls
    millergrls

Female

Post  millergrls Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:15 am

:ghug:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:58 pm

It might be useful to 'close down' when you're not doing spiritual work, and reopen when you are, it might allow you to get proper rest in between  :flo:

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    millergrls
    millergrls

Female

Post  millergrls Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:05 pm

Thanks violet. I'll keep that in mind.
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Post  Detlef Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:20 am

Violet wrote:It might be useful to 'close down' when you're not doing spiritual work, and reopen when you are, it might allow you to get proper rest in between  :flo:
    The Daoists go to great length to emphasize this and explain how to do it.
    millergrls
    millergrls

Female

Post  millergrls Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:16 pm

Detlef wrote:
    Violet wrote:It might be useful to 'close down' when you're not doing spiritual work, and reopen when you are, it might allow you to get proper rest in between  :flo:
    The Daoists go to great length to emphasize this and explain how to do it.
    Thank you. Which steps do you take?
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male

Post  Detlef Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:32 am

The question would be, did you exhaust your own energies, or do you continually leak energy after your energy work.
    (By the way, I don't agree with the premise, reasoning, why you do this in the first place, but you can do what ever you feel is right for you)
    So, having a look at you, or better, having someone look at you, it is that you continually leak energy, hens you are and feel exhausted.
    I will not try to teach you Daoist Yoga, it would take years and even the basic Micro cosmic orbit would take a wile.
    So I give you something very simple and basic. When you extent your energy it would happen at one of the energy centers or chakras as some call it.  If you open them then you need to close them again. Most likely it would be the heart center.
    I gave this method to people, who entered a crowded room and felt overwhelmed.
    If you spread thumb and index finger on both hands, and bring them together, you will have something of a diamond shape, and if you bring both hand closer and closer, the gap will get smaller and smaller until it is closed. Now you do this in front of the chakra, energy center you need to close, with the focus of closing it. Every energy center has two openings, front and back, except the top and the bottom ones. (this is not entirely correct, but it will do for now) So closing both sides would be suggested. I know, doing this at the back of the heart center is a little difficult, so use a little bit more focus in closing it. Ultimately, focus is all you need, the hand give you a focal point.
    I hope that will help.
    (Just make sure you never use your own energies, it will weaken you and you will become ill over time)
    millergrls
    millergrls

Female

Post  millergrls Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:09 am

Detlef wrote:The question would be, did you exhaust your own energies, or do you [url=#]continuallyWorking with light? Arrow-10x10[/url] leak energy after your energy work.
    (By the way, I don't agree with the premise, reasoning, why you do this in the first place, but you can do what ever you feel is right for you)
    So, having a look at you, or better, having someone look at you, it is that you [url=#]continuallyWorking with light? Arrow-10x10[/url] leak energy, hens you are and feel exhausted.
    I will not try to teach you Daoist Yoga, it would take years and even the basic Micro cosmic orbit would take a wile.
    So I give you something very simple and basic. When you extent your energy it would happen at one of the energy centers or chakras as some call it.  If you open them then you need to close them again. Most likely it would be the heart center.
    I gave this method to people, who entered a crowded room and felt overwhelmed.
    If you spread thumb and index finger on both hands, and bring them together, you will have something of a diamond shape, and if you bring both hand closer and closer, the gap will get smaller and smaller until it is closed. Now you do this in front of the chakra, energy center you need to close, with the focus of closing it. Every energy center has two openings, front and back, except the top and the bottom ones. (this is not entirely correct, but it will do for now) So closing both sides would be suggested. I know, doing this at the back of the heart center is a little difficult, so use a little bit more focus in closing it. Ultimately, focus is all you need, the hand give you a focal point.
    I hope that will help.
    (Just make sure you never use your own energies, it will weaken you and you will become ill over time)
    I appreciate this very much and will begin to work with it.  As sad as it sounds I have avoided large groups or crowds for quite awhile.  I know that there is much for me to grow upon.  I appreciate your time and energy of advice and will take it into full consideration.  This seems like a great way to close my energy centers.  I have been working on protection and grounding the last week but this will add to what I am attempting.  I appreciate everything once again.  Thank you.
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male

Post  Detlef Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:53 am

If you feel uncomfortable in larger crowds or groups, close the Dantian or third chakra, front and back, it is located just on or two inches above the belly button. It is easily done wile in the crowd without drawing any attention to yourself.
    millergrls
    millergrls

Female

Post  millergrls Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:11 pm

Detlef wrote:If you feel uncomfortable in larger crowds or groups, close the Dantian or third chakra, front and back, it is located just on or two inches above the belly button. It is easily done wile in the crowd without drawing any attention to yourself.
    I will most definitely be utilizing this. I'm not afraid of crowds but  they do bother me. I feel too enclosed and out of sorts. I always seems to be looking for a fire escape.  :giggles: I love music but avoid large concerts. However this has led me to enjoying small venues (20 people or less) and have experienced new music. Thank you once again.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:51 am