Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Looking for a loving and supportive spiritual home...

DreamBliss
    DreamBliss
    Just joined

Male
    Number of posts : 2
    Job/hobbies : Drawer and Writer
    Registration date : 2015-08-05

Looking for a loving and supportive spiritual home... Empty Looking for a loving and supportive spiritual home...

Post  DreamBliss Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:27 am

Thank you for accepting me to the forums.

When I originally signed up I was looking for a loving and supportive spiritually focused community. I hope I will find that here.

I love the Dao Bums, where I have been a member for some time, and it definitely is a spiritual place, but I just don't feel loved or supported there. It feels more like that is a good place when you need to talk about spiritual practices and get good advice from advanced practitioners.

But it doesn't, at least to me, feel like a loving and supportive spiritual family that is there for you when things get tough or, as in my case, you are about to embark on an adventure.

So here I am, ready to see how well I will fit in here. I am about to leave home, at an age much older than many who take this step. I was originally intending to head to California, but am now considering a 10-day vipassana retreat here in Washington.

I like to read and am a real bookworm. My favorites off the top of my head are the Myst series by Rand and Robyn Miller, Eckhart Tolle's, "The Power of Now" and Richard Bach's, "Illusions." Enjoyed Pam Grout's books, finished the second of Mike Dooley's, "Notes from the Universe" and "Black Elk Speaks". Currently enjoying, "An Illustrated Journey" and "Sketching from the Imagination."

I also write (there should be a link in my profile.) In addition to reading and writing I teach, usually through video tutorials at YouTube, I play at drawing, I dabble in Zen Photography, I occasionally mediate and do yoga, and every once in a great while i might go for a barefoot run.

I think that's enough about me for now... Looking forward to getting to know the folks here.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Looking for a loving and supportive spiritual home... Empty Re: Looking for a loving and supportive spiritual home...

Post  Crystal Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:43 pm

Hi and welcome :)
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Looking for a loving and supportive spiritual home... Empty Re: Looking for a loving and supportive spiritual home...

Post  1antique Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:20 pm

Looking for a loving and supportive spiritual home... Welcomeblue1-261439d14785fa1f35da91285d53b5b4
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    DreamBliss
    DreamBliss
    Just joined

Male
    Number of posts : 2
    Job/hobbies : Drawer and Writer
    Registration date : 2015-08-05

Post  DreamBliss Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:50 am

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Yes, I certainly want an adventurous and enjoyable life!
    Aqua
    Aqua

Female
    Number of posts : 314
    Registration date : 2014-12-11

Post  Aqua Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:55 am

Welcome DreamBliss, I hope you like it here.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:19 pm