Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Killing animals, corruption, illegal sex: 3 national highways to hell

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Killing animals, corruption, illegal sex: 3 national highways to hell Empty Re: Killing animals, corruption, illegal sex: 3 national highways to hell

Post  ameliorate Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:16 am

I would place not killing people more of a sin than killing living beings for food....

Hitler was a vegetarian!!
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Killing animals, corruption, illegal sex: 3 national highways to hell Empty Re: Killing animals, corruption, illegal sex: 3 national highways to hell

Post  ameliorate Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:51 pm

Your knowledge of nutrition is inaccurate.  Proteins are composed of amino acids; some essential and some non essential.  It is the combination of these amino acids that can help form a complete protein, e.g. an egg is a complete protein (as is meat) but beans require eating with a grain (like bread) to form a complete protein.

We are omnivores by physical design, i.e. we have canine teeth (to rip up meat) and hydrochloric acid in our stomachs to break down meat and render it digestible.  An omnivore is not a carnivore, i.e. we are not meant to exist solely on meat but to eat a combination of meat/fish with herbs/vegetables, grains etc.

There are degrees of cruelty when it comes to killing animals, e.g. the practise of obtaining halal meat is particularly questionable (bleeding a live animal to death). 
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:12 pm

Oh I see...by secondary proteins you mean meat/fish etc.

Everything living has a right to life.  Plants are sensitive too!  For instance, they have been wired up in labs and show reactions to a flame brought near to them.

In our society we are estranged/spared from the direct reality of animals suffering via slaughterhouses.  I feel sure that if it was made compulsory to visit one of these places then there would be more vegetarians.

I mentioned Hitler was a vegetarian.  It was a way of saying being vegetarian does not mean someone is homefree karma wise.  Many other 'highways to hell'.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:03 pm