Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Sacred-Star
psychoslice
mac
innerlight
Noell
Lynn
zach
astralphoenix
kazandlee
Carolyn
skye
1antique
Soaring Bird
Violet
18 posters

Is mediumship really a gift

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Is mediumship really a gift Empty Is mediumship really a gift

Post  Violet Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:18 am

or is it something we are all born with? Your thoughts please.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Soaring Bird
    Soaring Bird

Male
    Number of posts : 1225
    Job/hobbies : Guitar
    Registration date : 2009-07-14

Is mediumship really a gift Empty Think so

Post  Soaring Bird Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:25 am

I think like all psychic abilities we all have it. It sits in amongst the other amazing abilities that most of us have forgotten how to use in the dormant part of the brain. But, more and more people are beginning to remember hence the rising amount of spiritual beings.
    Huggles x Is mediumship really a gift 531481
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Is mediumship really a gift Empty Re: Is mediumship really a gift

Post  1antique Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:39 am

I agree with you, SB. I don't think that mediumship is a gift. I think that the gift is the opening of a person's ability to use what has lain dormant for so long.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:21 pm

We are all born with the psychic ability therefore I would say we all have the potential to become mediums. Life is a gift, but i'm on the fence as to whether mediumship is indeed a gift or not.
    Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female
    Number of posts : 541
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

Post  Carolyn Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:06 pm

A gift is anything that comes naturally in a person. Whether its being talented in music, drawing, math, cleaning the house, having a green thumb, mediumship in that sense can be a gift. Personally I think its a burden sometimes! Is mediumship really a gift 660782 so I also think that being able to meditate is a gift.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:31 pm

great responses guys

kazandlee
    kazandlee

Male
    Number of posts : 150
    Job/hobbies : Paranormal, Manager
    Registration date : 2009-10-24

Is mediumship really a gift Empty Born With

Post  kazandlee Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:36 pm

I am a true believer in that those who have it were chosen before Birth, some may dissagree, but in my opinion, i dont believe a person can Learn how to have the gift, i believe they can only Develop the Gift they already have, i also believe that there are many many people who have the gift but dont nor will never know.

Lee.
    astralphoenix
    astralphoenix

Female
    Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2009-02-21

Post  astralphoenix Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:37 am

I too also believe that you choose your abilities/gifts before entering an incarnation. We all have gifts doesnt matter whether it is of a metaphysical nature or not. Its the choice to develop and learn to understand how to use it that will benefit others that is important.
    Just because I can communicate with the other side doesn't makes me any more gifted than someone who can create a beautiful piece of furniture or a rose garden.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:33 pm

I agree with you there astralphoenix, that mediumship isn't any more special or important than other gifts.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:15 am

Hello
    We all come forth with the abilities but one has to just look to early childhood to see how they be shut down early in childhood.
    I know that I came with what all I have but for some reason when at 6 I was ordered NEVER to talk on any of it I kept it all alive in me. I think being such a shy and sheltered child gave me the need to have someone to talk with if that be what I know now to be the "dead".
    Looking at me three kids I know they came forth with it all. I did miss it with me eldest one....til he was two. I feel bad for that not understaning he really was seeing somone in his room. Thinking ok its a childhood thing is all knowing that he had a Brother on the way. He reminds me of that still at 11 year's old. Goes me Mom the Medium did not beleive me. Sheesh. I know its bad.
    We come forth with it but to we use it no, that might be a choice we make in us or with guidance from our Guides.
    Parents out there if one's child is saying they see someone in their room mabye embrace that more in understandings. Its hard at times to know what is real and what be fantasy. I do a lot of work with parents of Children that are seeing or hearing things. There are many ways to see what one might be missing even from a very early age.

Lynn
    Noell
    Noell

Female
    Number of posts : 38
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  Noell Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:06 am

I think a gift is something that comes naturaly to a person. If it comes naturaly, then they were born with it. So to the thread question, its both.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Thu May 20, 2010 1:26 am

I would say it's more of a gift than something you can become. Most, that I have heard, have all said that it started at childhood. They got scared, or didn't know what it was, and it wasn't until they are older did they fully develop the ability that they already had.
    I suppose one could develop themselves enough that they could open up to spirit, but I think for the most part the clairs are gifts from spirit. Could be wrong.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Thu May 20, 2010 9:04 am

I guess that some of you won't be surprised to hear me ask you what you define as 'mediumship' - gift or otherwise.

If you think it means having psychic awareness, being an 'empath' or whatever, then potentially many may have such attributes. For me, though, that isn't 'mediumship'.

It's often said that mediumship is a gift of the great spirit. Maybe when you have the true gift, you realise that it is exactly that - a gift indeed and perhaps one which might best be used to benefit others.
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male
    Number of posts : 1117
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life

Post  psychoslice Thu May 20, 2010 11:42 am

I think that we all have the gifts of spirituality, all we need to do is learn to open them. :stars:
    Sacred-Star
    Sacred-Star

Female
    Number of posts : 213
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post  Sacred-Star Thu May 20, 2010 1:34 pm

Hello all Is mediumship really a gift 28115

There are some great answers here.

Before we look at whether or not Mediumship is a gift perhaps we ought to consider society in general with regards to the
    Patriarchal values that 'dictate' what is of value and what is not.

Children are open and are able to the right and left side of the brain but as time goes on it is the right side of the brain that is considered as of value and use.
    Through the educational system we are taught to think with the side of the brain whereby logic, rationality and reasoning are what counts. Abilities like intuition and instinct are down-played. We are taught to question everything-which is a good thing but personally there is a danger in questioning and thinking all the time. We are taught to look for the evidence-it the evidence does not exist then it is some weird or freaky 'concept' that does not exist.
    We are programmed and brain-washed to believe in the fantasy of the collective which many accept as the reality.
    Our own reality does not matter and is often looked down upon; if you see a guy who often seems to be talking to someone invisible most people would consider him as a loony and would think that he needs psychiatric help-why do we do this?
    Because we cannot see who he is talking to and it belongs to the world of the unknown which is a threat to our logical/rational/reasoning mind because we cannot process, label and compartmentalise his behaviour/actions.
    The need for an explanation for everything is so powerful in most of us that we fear expanding our horizons and thinking outside the accepted norms and values.

I would not say Mediumship is a gift I would say we all have the ability but when as children we are told that the imaginary friend or that creature that we saw is all in our imagination. If we try to explain astral travel maybe our parents tell us we were dreaming?
    When intuition and instinct are played down we deny an important aspect of ourselves and as we progress through the education system we tend to forget the Mediumship abilities that come to us naturally.

Now of course if our abilities beyond the five senses of taste, touch, sight, hearing and smell come into play and we've been told that everything needs to be sorted out and filed and labeled before it can be accepted then of course some will think that our sixth sense is indeed a gift.

The question here is not 'is mediumship a gift' the question here is more; why has mediumship been denied for so long and why are most people afraid of what they naturally have?

Love and light.
    S. xxx
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu May 20, 2010 6:02 pm

psychoslice wrote:I think that we all have the gifts of spirituality, all we need to do is learn to open them. :stars:

" ....we all have the gifts of spirituality" What does this mean?
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Thu May 20, 2010 9:18 pm

Sacred-Star wrote:Children are open and are able to the right and left side of the brain but as time goes on it is the right side of the brain that is considered as of value and use.
    Through the educational system we are taught to think with the side of the brain whereby logic, rationality and reasoning are what counts. Abilities like intuition and instinct are down-played. We are taught to question everything-which is a good thing but personally there is a danger in questioning and thinking all the time.
    This is very true... For the most part we are a society are a left side brain users. So we are closed down to most things such as spirit because of things. As a society we are also told such things do not exist, or their is a stigma of fear that is around it. Preventing anything from ever fully blossoming in our lives. You can see that in Hollywood. With the exception of the move Ghost, there are not many movies that have ghosts that are not trying to terrorize people, or steal their souls.. The same is with Aliens. Most of, if not all of them are evil and bent on destroying us. And we see that in our lives because of it. The fear we've been shown has incorporated into our beliefs.
    That's not even talking about how the church views such things as demons. Which also complicates things. So most people have either grown up denying it, thus turning off their abilities, or have been told it's imagination. So eventually they just stop believing it. Because it's "imagination", and eventually turn it off.
    I suppose one could, in time, learn to tune themselves into being able to detect spirit of any kind. The rest have the "gift" as it comes natural to them and they don't even have to try. The rest have to work at it.
    Lightseeker
    Lightseeker

Male
    Number of posts : 258
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  Lightseeker Thu May 20, 2010 10:08 pm

apparently Not, John Edwards a leading U.S. Medium says that he learned to be a Medium. He started with Tarot , He say's it is not easy and takes lots of practice.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Thu May 20, 2010 10:10 pm

Lightseeker wrote:apparently Not, John Edwards a leading U.S. Medium says that he learned to be a Medium. He started with Tarot , He say's it is not easy and takes lots of practice.

I suppose if one is willing, and determined enough they could do whatever they set out to do. With time, practice, and a whole bucket full of patience.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu May 20, 2010 10:53 pm

mac wrote:I guess that some of you won't be surprised to hear me ask you what you define as 'mediumship' - gift or otherwise.

If you think it means having psychic awareness, being an 'empath' or whatever, then potentially many may have such attributes. For me, though, that isn't 'mediumship'.

It's often said that mediumship is a gift of the great spirit. Maybe when you have the true gift, you realise that it is exactly that - a gift indeed and perhaps one which might best be used to benefit others.

Nor me Mac, imo mediumship is the ability to communicate with the spirits of the deceased, psychics are not always mediums, but all mediums are psychic.

psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male
    Number of posts : 1117
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life

Post  psychoslice Fri May 21, 2010 3:16 am

mac wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:I think that we all have the gifts of spirituality, all we need to do is learn to open them. :stars:

Hi Mac yes no one has more of anything than another, we are all Spirit, we are all Consciousness, we are all ONE. To believe that we have something that another hasn't is really egocentric, its like if we are all setting on a box of gold and not Realizing it, some of us look into the box and find the treasure while many others just set. Thank you. :astar:
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri May 21, 2010 8:58 am

psychoslice wrote:
    mac wrote:

Hi Mac yes no one has more of anything than another, we are all Spirit, we are all Consciousness, we are all ONE. To believe that we have something that another hasn't is really egocentric, its like if we are all setting on a box of gold and not Realizing it, some of us look into the box and find the treasure while many others just set. Thank you. :astar:

This doesn't actually answer what it means as you don't say what "gifts of spirituality" are.

We all are of the great spirit and, hence, are the great spirit, albeit individuated with all the constraints that quite deliberately brings. So we do not all appear the same.

Saying we all have "the gifts of spirituality" does not get us far. One might say we all have the gifts of language yet patently some are far more accomplished with their gifts when, (paraphrasing slightly) ""they learn to open them"

The 'treasure' found when looking into one person's box is not automatically of the same quality as the treasure found in another's...
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri May 21, 2010 9:02 am

Lightseeker wrote:apparently Not, John Edwards a leading U.S. Medium says that he learned to be a Medium. He started with Tarot , He say's it is not easy and takes lots of practice.

I know the name. John Edwards, but don't know what kind of medium he is. Is he a mental or physical medium, transfiguration, or a clairvoyant or clairaudient evidential medium, for examples?

Or is he primarily a psychic?
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri May 21, 2010 9:09 am

innerlight wrote:

I suppose if one is willing, and determined enough they could do whatever they set out to do. With time, practice, and a whole bucket full of patience.

I could have been an eminent college professor on that same basis.... but how much time, patience and practice would it have needed without an innate ability?

But what he'll never know is whether the seeds of being a medium, psychic or whatever were always there within him. Yes he learned to be a medium but was that because that latent attribute was there just waiting to be awakened?

And for those without such a latent attribute, would they ever achieve to the same degree?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:23 am