Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Sacred-Star
psychoslice
mac
innerlight
Noell
Lynn
zach
astralphoenix
kazandlee
Carolyn
skye
1antique
Soaring Bird
Violet
18 posters

Is mediumship really a gift

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Is mediumship really a gift - Page 2 Empty Is mediumship really a gift

Post  Violet Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:18 am

First topic message reminder :

or is it something we are all born with? Your thoughts please.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male
    Number of posts : 1117
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Is mediumship really a gift - Page 2 Empty Re: Is mediumship really a gift

Post  psychoslice Fri May 21, 2010 10:20 am

mac wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    mac wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:I think that we all have the gifts of spirituality, all we need to do is learn to open them. :stars:

" ....we all have the gifts of spirituality" What does this mean?

Hi Mac yes no one has more of anything than another, we are all Spirit, we are all Consciousness, we are all ONE. To believe that we have something that another hasn't is really egocentric, its like if we are all setting on a box of gold and not Realizing it, some of us look into the box and find the treasure while many others just set. Thank you. :astar:

This doesn't actually answer what it means as you don't say what "gifts of spirituality" are.

We all are of the great spirit and, hence, are the great spirit, albeit individuated with all the constraints that quite deliberately brings. So we do not all appear the same.

Saying we all have "the gifts of spirituality" does not get us far. One might say we all have the gifts of language yet patently some are far more accomplished with their gifts when, (paraphrasing slightly) ""they learn to open them"

The 'treasure' found when looking into one person's box is not automatically of the same quality as the treasure found in another's...

Hi Mac well I'm really talking about Enlightenment as to me that is the only true Spiritual gift waiting to be Realized. This Realization of Consciousness is what we and everything else IS. This is the the treasure I spoke of waiting to be found, gifts like mediums to me are secondary to Enlightenment and are really toys.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired

Post  mac Fri May 21, 2010 1:15 pm

psychoslice wrote:
    mac wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    mac wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:I think that we all have the gifts of spirituality, all we need to do is learn to open them. :stars:

" ....we all have the gifts of spirituality" What does this mean?

Hi Mac yes no one has more of anything than another, we are all Spirit, we are all Consciousness, we are all ONE. To believe that we have something that another hasn't is really egocentric, its like if we are all setting on a box of gold and not Realizing it, some of us look into the box and find the treasure while many others just set. Thank you. :astar:

This doesn't actually answer what it means as you don't say what "gifts of spirituality" are.

We all are of the great spirit and, hence, are the great spirit, albeit individuated with all the constraints that quite deliberately brings. So we do not all appear the same.

Saying we all have "the gifts of spirituality" does not get us far. One might say we all have the gifts of language yet patently some are far more accomplished with their gifts when, (paraphrasing slightly) ""they learn to open them"

The 'treasure' found when looking into one person's box is not automatically of the same quality as the treasure found in another's...

Hi Mac well I'm really talking about Enlightenment as to me that is the only true Spiritual gift waiting to be Realized. This Realization of Consciousness is what we and everything else IS. This is the the treasure I spoke of waiting to be found, gifts like mediums to me are secondary to Enlightenment and are really toys.

If you'd indicated that from the outset I would have understood your position - thank you.

I expect you won't be surprised that I don't share your elitist stance - or your curious capitalisation of various words.

I'm a simple-minded soul who values all aspects of spiritual awareness and progression. Enlightenment - for me - came but then assumed its rightful place in my development.

Enlightenment - to me - is akin to one stepping stone in a line of many. All necessary and of equal value when making the crossing from not knowing much at all to knowing just a smidgin' more than that...
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Fri May 21, 2010 2:38 pm

mac wrote:
    I could have been an eminent college professor on that same basis.... but how much time, patience and practice would it have needed without an innate ability?
    Sure you could be a college professor if that is what you want... It would take time to learn the required materials to be at a sufficient level to teach them to others. For some it's easier as they are able to retain more. Say for instance a person that has a photographic memory will probably learn more easier than someone who has to read something a few times to fully memorize and grasp it. Yet, both can learn the same, one just has to practice it more to fully get it.

As for how much time that would take? That is dependent upon state, our country laws I would suppose. As for most they have a certain requirement before you could become a professor.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri May 21, 2010 7:55 pm

innerlight wrote:
    mac wrote:
    I could have been an eminent college professor on that same basis.... but how much time, patience and practice would it have needed without an innate ability?
    Sure you could be a college professor if that is what you want... It would take time to learn the required materials to be at a sufficient level to teach them to others. For some it's easier as they are able to retain more. Say for instance a person that has a photographic memory will probably learn more easier than someone who has to read something a few times to fully memorize and grasp it. Yet, both can learn the same, one just has to practice it more to fully get it.

As for how much time that would take? That is dependent upon state, our country laws I would suppose. As for most they have a certain requirement before you could become a professor.

You missed my point almost totally as shown by quoting only a single sentence from my piece and then replying literally rather than contextually.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Fri May 21, 2010 8:44 pm

mac wrote:
    You missed my point almost totally as shown by quoting only a single sentence from my piece and then replying literally rather than contextually.

Actually I knew exactly what you said, I just didn't give you the answer that you wanted to hear. You asked if a regular person could develop to the same degree as someone with a latent ability. I gave an example of such a thing that both people could get to the same level one just may have to work harder than the other.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri May 21, 2010 9:17 pm

innerlight wrote:
    mac wrote:

Actually I knew exactly what you said, I just didn't give you the answer that you wanted to hear. You asked if a regular person could develop to the same degree as someone with a latent ability. I gave an example of such a thing that both people could get to the same level one just may have to work harder than the other.

Of course you would say that you'd gotten my point all along but nonetheless I was hoping to get a considered response to the whole issue and not just an out-of-context remark.

There was a bigger issue raised by the earlier postings - that was the one of interest to me.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Fri May 21, 2010 9:25 pm

mac wrote:
    Of course you would say that you'd gotten my point all along but nonetheless I was hoping to get a considered response to the whole issue and not just an out-of-context remark.

There was a bigger issue raised by the earlier postings - that was the one of interest to me.

I already gave my views on the question that was originally asked in reply number 13. It's a question that will never have a complete agreement between everyone. Some will say it's a gift, some will say it's a latent ability. Some will say everyone is just crazy and that spirit doesn't exist.
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Fri May 21, 2010 10:22 pm

Enlightenment - to me - is akin to one stepping stone in a line of many. All necessary and of equal value when making the crossing from not knowing much at all to knowing just a smidgin' more than that...

Hi Mac I'm sorry but Awakening or Enlightenment is not a stepping stone, Enlightenment is the end of all paths or stepping stones. If you have or your apparent self has ever tasted Enlightenment you would Know this ?. :wink:
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat May 22, 2010 8:13 am

psychoslice wrote:Enlightenment - to me - is akin to one stepping stone in a line of many. All necessary and of equal value when making the crossing from not knowing much at all to knowing just a smidgin' more than that...

Hi Mac I'm sorry but Awakening or Enlightenment is not a stepping stone, Enlightenment is the end of all paths or stepping stones. If you have or your apparent self has ever tasted Enlightenment you would Know this ?. :wink:

There is no ending.....always there is more. If your awakening feels like your destination then for the moment it is exactly that for you - but when you've moved past you may look back to see it was not the final destination.
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Sat May 22, 2010 8:39 am

mac wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:Enlightenment - to me - is akin to one stepping stone in a line of many. All necessary and of equal value when making the crossing from not knowing much at all to knowing just a smidgin' more than that...

There is no ending.....always there is more. If your awakening feels like your destination then for the moment it is exactly that for you - but when you've moved past you may look back to see it was not the final destination.

Hi Mac I don't know if this applies to you or not but if you believe that you have finally come to SELF Realization and you feel that there is more to know, then you are still controlled by your ego mind wanting to keep the search up. The ego mind never wants to come to the end as this will be the final curtain call. No, my true SELF has been seen from within and there is no other way to go, I'm home. :stars:
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat May 22, 2010 6:49 pm

psychoslice wrote:
    mac wrote:

Hi Mac I don't know if this applies to you or not but if you believe that you have finally come to SELF Realization and you feel that there is more to know, then you are still controlled by your ego mind wanting to keep the search up. The ego mind never wants to come to the end as this will be the final curtain call. No, my true SELF has been seen from within and there is no other way to go, I'm home. :stars:

No it doesn't apply to me - I was speaking in general terms about the general situation. I rarely speak about myself as I am too inconsequential for that.

Think on, though, that as long as there is an element of 'self' or supposed "true self" about which any statement is made, then surely it may be see that it is the ego which remains in charge?

Whatever enlightenment might mean, at that point all elements of self will have been transcended. Ergo any reference to oneself implies there are still a few stepping-stones to go.

Put more simply, as long as ego declares that a point of completion has been reached, it still has not...
    Mal5252
    Mal5252

Male
    Number of posts : 258
    Job/hobbies : writing
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post  Mal5252 Sun May 23, 2010 1:34 am

Violet wrote:or is it something we are all born with? Your thoughts please.
    Hi Violet Is mediumship really a gift - Page 2 21581 ,
    I personally believe it's a form of spiritual gift that not many truly possess.

Mal Is mediumship really a gift - Page 2 371183
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Sun May 23, 2010 1:43 am

Put more simply, as long as ego declares that a point of completion has been reached, it still has not...

Hi Mac again if you or your apparent self has tasted this so called Awakening you would have Known that when I speak of Enlightenment that i am not refering to me as the mind body organism. No, its beyond the little me, its my true SELF, Consciousness. But because I am in this body typing on this keypad I have to use language and concepts to describe these things to whoever. Of course there's still the ego there but it is now on a chain under the control of the Master lol. :goodvibes:
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female
    Number of posts : 989
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  sparkly Sun May 23, 2010 1:49 am

hi mal, i think you're right. :love:

i can't believe i'm saying this, but mac is right (but not in relation to you inner,)! sorry psycho!

self isn't everything! :bfs:
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Sun May 23, 2010 1:55 am

sparkly wrote:hi mal, i think you're right. :love:

i can't believe i'm saying this, but mac is right (but not in relation to you inner,)! sorry psycho!

self isn't everything! :bfs:

Sorry Sparkly Self is all, when you understand what SELF I am refering to, I think you are getting mixed up with the ego self which is true, its not everything. :naughty:
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Sun May 23, 2010 2:03 am

no im not, psycho, self is connected to everything yeah, but you are an individual, and not everything, just one drop, like the ocean a part of the ocean, able to go all over the ocean, yet not the entire ocean.
    are you saying you, self discovered know everything? "only all there is can contain god" - st augustine.

:astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar:
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Sun May 23, 2010 2:11 am

sparkly wrote:no im not, psycho, self is connected to everything yeah, but you are an individual, and not everything, just one drop, like the ocean a part of the ocean, able to go all over the ocean, yet not the entire ocean.
    are you saying you, self discovered know everything? "only all there is can contain god" - st augustine.

:astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar: :astar:

Yes I AM all that there IS, the SELF that I AM is the true SELF of this body that is animated by this Consciousness that I AM. I AM all that there is and I AM GOD as your true SELF is also, all you need to do is come up here with me, the view is wonderful lol. :astar:
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Sun May 23, 2010 2:13 am

okay, what did i have for dinner last night lol :giggles:

:flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo:
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Sun May 23, 2010 2:27 am

sparkly wrote:okay, what did i have for dinner last night lol :giggles:

:flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo:

No, that is the mind body I don't pick up that channel, the only Channel I know is Consciousness. Enlightenment isn't someone who all of a sudden becomes some great medium, the medium is still mind body bound. If you have ever meditated and experienced the silence within, can you tell me what I had for breakfast ? in that silence ?, of course not. When One becomes so called Enlightened they are One with that pure silence, to know what you had for dinner last night would be to leave that silence and become earth bounded again. Do you know anything about Enlightenment ?, or understand the concept of it even though that is not it ?. :scratch:
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Sun May 23, 2010 2:38 am

yes, enlightenment is light entering. to anyone, it is when a new stage dawns, a new horizon, which can seem like all there is.i spent 5 days straight in grace/ bliss/ nirvana? and i felt a connection that was like a shell to the sea. i had to choose to come out of it. i don't claim to be "enlightened" or more than you. but i do know I AM can know what i had for dinner etc, it is knowable, and i have known things be told me, by I AM? when asked. do not be fooled into thinking your silence within is all there is. :ghug: :ghug:
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Sun May 23, 2010 2:48 am

sparkly wrote:yes, enlightenment is light entering. to anyone, it is when a new stage dawns, a new horizon, which can seem like all there is.i spent 5 days straight in grace/ bliss/ nirvana? and i felt a connection that was like a shell to the sea. i had to choose to come out of it. i don't claim to be "enlightened" or more than you. but i do know I AM can know what i had for dinner etc, it is knowable, and i have known things be told me, by I AM? when asked. do not be fooled into thinking your silence within is all there is. :ghug: :ghug:

Hi Sparkly I don't really want to carry on about Enlightenment as I do know it can sound arrogant to the one who has not tasted this, all I have done is share my own experience to you and if that doesn't resonant with you then thats OK. no big deal. My Self I am happy beyond mere words and that is what its all about in the end, I'm sure you agree. Hey what did you have for dinner last night ? :hugz:
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Sun May 23, 2010 2:56 am

hiya psycho!

amen (i agree), i don't think it's arrogance, just difficult to communicate?

well, i was ill yesterday, so my husband bought me a "kebab" from the turkish shop, run by iraqis...
    with feta, egg, tabhouli salad. i usually go for falafel, but i'm off that at present. i stole a couple chips from my son... :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Sun May 23, 2010 3:04 am

sparkly wrote:hiya psycho!

amen (i agree), i don't think it's arrogance, just difficult to communicate?

well, i was ill yesterday, so my husband bought me a "kebab" from the turkish shop, run by iraqis...
    with feta, egg, tabhouli salad. i usually go for falafel, but i'm off that at present. i stole a couple chips from my son... :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

Yumm Yumm sounds nice, I hope it was vegetarian lol. Yea your right its hard to communicate this sort of discussion, Ive got myself in a pickle a few times in the past trying to explain what cannot be explained and all I ended up doing was making myself look like a fool lol. :blush:
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Sun May 23, 2010 3:12 am

of course, i don't eat anyone. no need! even if you are sick (some would say especially not if you are sick, but health is not my motivator.
    we can but try to communicate. but even when it turns out bad/ ill. there does allow for movement, food for thought on either side.
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Sun May 23, 2010 3:19 am

sparkly wrote:of course, i don't eat anyone. no need! even if you are sick (some would say especially not if you are sick, but health is not my motivator.
    we can but try to communicate. but even when it turns out bad/ ill. there does allow for movement, food for thought on either side.

Thats great, animals are beautiful I don't even like killing a cockroach.
    Yea I have to admit that I am learning in debating, it was very nice talking to you Sparklyhope to catch up with you again. :hugz:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:18 am