Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
sparkly
AngelTony
Ashley
Sacred-Star
Akyana
Carolyn
Lynn
Mal5252
Violet
innerlight
14 posters

Are Ouija Boards bad/evil?

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Are Ouija Boards bad/evil? Empty Are Ouija Boards bad/evil?

Post  innerlight Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:18 am

I don't have a definite answer to such a thing. As, IMO, a Ouija board is no different than any divination tool as it relies on the use of spirits. So any divination tool could bring in unwanted spirits if you are not careful of what you do. The difference with Ouija is that it's marketed as a "toy" and is aimed to wards kids. You can go into Walmart, or Toysrus and pick up one. So most people that use it as using it as a game, and are not really prepared for such a thing. So it has a higher likely hood of bringing in unwanted visitors when it's used like that.

If a pendulum was marketed in the same way, it would probably have the same likely hood of a result. Divination tools are to be respected and used accordingly. Not as toys. (Granted curiosity can get the better of us and wanting to know things)

Last edited by innerlight on Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Are Ouija Boards bad/evil? Empty Re: Are Ouija Boards bad/evil?

Post  Violet Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:25 am

I think, like any other tool, it is only dangerous in the wrong hands. I've heard that Doeen Virtue's angel board is little more than a glorified ouija board but that seems to be accepted as fine and safe because it's theme is angels.
    I don't believe all divination tools rely on spirits btw. Are Ouija Boards bad/evil? 821538

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:30 am

Violet wrote:
    I don't believe all divination tools rely on spirits btw. Are Ouija Boards bad/evil? 821538
    I suppose that is how you use them. As you can call upon your guides, or angels, for extra help. Which would be using spirit so to speak. Or one could use their own intuition to use it.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:33 am

Ah.. I see where you're coming from now Are Ouija Boards bad/evil? 821538

Would you ever use an ouija board innerlight?

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:36 am

Would I ever use one? I think we probably all have at one time or another. I think, as a divination tool it would be more beneficial then just using a pendulum. As a pendulum only gives you a yes, no, or maybe answer, or nothing at all. A Ouija board can give you words. I think a combination of the two would give you better divination. Using a pendulum over letters, or words to get yes and no to then just basic yes and no.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:39 am

You can use the pendulum in that way but i'd advise putting protection up.

Mal5252
    Mal5252

Male
    Number of posts : 258
    Job/hobbies : writing
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post  Mal5252 Sat May 08, 2010 12:00 am

Hi innerlight Are Ouija Boards bad/evil? 354831 ,
    I personally wouldn't touch a Ouija board with a 10-foot pole. From stories I heard and read about them they can and do conjure up evil and dangerous spirits. No touchy!

Mal Are Ouija Boards bad/evil? 558648
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat May 08, 2010 12:34 am

Hi Mal, yes they can but if used with respect, and with someone who knows what they're doing and protection in place they can be very interesting. Are Ouija Boards bad/evil? 821538

It's not something i'd use alone but I have used one in the past.

Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Sat May 08, 2010 1:52 am

Hello

Having used one's over the year's and having had ONE very negative experiece I would NOT touch one again.

I found one in me Grandma's attic it dated to 1700's was very old . I "borrowed" it and took it to try. They tend to bring in the lower vibrational energies and they are NO TOY.

I have too been at places where we ALL lay hands on hand and we use one . Not a big fan. I have a Pendent but too again as I used to use that for more negative vibrational things I have not used it since. I have it in storage.

Lynn
    Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female
    Number of posts : 541
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

Post  Carolyn Sat May 08, 2010 12:27 pm

The board itself is not evil, but the energy that it helps to allow to come through is. I used to have one in the 1980's. I used it regularly between the ages of 16-17, at the time..... I had no internet to find other psychics like myself, no other mediums to talk to. And I wanted so desperately to grow and learn. Anyway..... one day my 16 yr old neighbor/friend brought over a family photo that had been taken in their living room in front of the christmas tree of the children and the parents. It had been taken by another relative. In front of the family lunging at the camera was a whispy, smokey looking thing that appeared to wear a hooded cape and was wielding a whip. This friend wanted answers of who/what this was. So I layed it on the board and we asked about it. I wont speak the name, but it identified itself and said that it was a demon that had been attached to the persons mother. My friend laughed and didn't believe in it. (up to this point only deceased relatives had come through the board, and then only ones of lower energy). It got angry, and started saying things like - this friend would die tonight, yada yada. The friend left, went home, and went into the kitchen to get something out of the fridge. His back was turned from the stove as he was closing the fridge door. A tea kettle struck him on the back of the head, left a gash in my skull. That incident didn't require stitches. But he called me when it happened and I came over, and we talked about the need for the house to be cleansed - if for no other reason than to protect his 8 yr old sister. I talked to the mother and father and did a ritual cleansing on the house not long after. For a while, things were quiet. Then one day in the summer of that year, my friend was out with his friends and was struck in the head again, this time by a person wielding a brick. This time it was a medical emergency. He asked his friends to drive him to my house at 2 am (probably because I was an EMT and my mother was an RN, and he knew he could get free medical care there). He came in gushing blood from the back of his head. I didn't panic at first, I thought "head injuries always bleed worse than what they really are", so I began to let him fill up my toilet while I dug through his curls to find the source. To make a long story short, he filled up my toilet, the sink and was working on the tub before it was plain to see that the wound was much larger than we had all first pictured it. We drove him to the ER where he was given a lot of stitches and staples. His head had to be shaved because of his curls being so thick, and doing so revealed a 5 inch long gash that went to his skull. My thoughts immediately went to the demon we had contacted that day. I tried to burn the board, but it would not burn. I threw it away. Then about a year later, I was at a party where someone had brought a board..... I was across the room from them, staying away on purpose. The two touching the indicator shouted out "who the f-$#% is (the demons name)". I felt my belly grow cold. I realized that whenever I was close to a ouija, it would find me unless I cleansed my astral field and did something drastic to change everything. I prayed to God for protection. I didn't know what else to do. That night I was arm wrestling with a couple of friends and during one round something "popped" in my brain. I felt and audibly heard it inside my skull. Everything went red, and as I was going down I heard the laughter of my demonic adversary. When I woke in the hospital after 2 days of being in and out of consciousness, the doctor and my mother told me I had whats called a TIA (ministroke). I was 18 years old when that happened. It took me til age 22 to get all my sense of smell and taste back, and til I was 23 to get my smile back on the left side of my face.

Do not touch a Ouija.
    Akyana
    Akyana

Number of posts : 355
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post  Akyana Sat May 08, 2010 2:01 pm

They are evil, but so are we.
    Lets face it.

So, now when I became pragmatic after being so much with black magicians,
    I would say...go for it, I will watch with interest what will happen...

Are Ouija Boards bad/evil? 821538

(my old fluffy self though disagrees...too many people got(lol, I dont want to write -..but cant think of an eqvivalent... Are Ouija Boards bad/evil? 588401 )
    ? destroyed?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue May 11, 2010 10:26 pm

Hi Lynn and Carolyn, yes they can be dangerous, Carolyn your experiences must have been terrifying and yet they are still sold as 'Toys', what do you think of the angel board which I heard is almost identical to an ouija board but prettier.

Sacred-Star
    Sacred-Star

Female
    Number of posts : 213
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post  Sacred-Star Wed May 12, 2010 2:01 am

Violet wrote:Hi Lynn and Carolyn, yes they can be dangerous, Carolyn your experiences must have been terrifying and yet they are still sold as 'Toys', what do you think of the angel board which I heard is almost identical to an ouija board but prettier.

At the risk of maybe offending some people I'd have to say there is something about Doreen Virtue and her "Angels" that I find dodgy. I don't know why but there is something about her I don't trust. I find her too "up in the clouds with me angels"
    I'm weary of folks walking around and bumping into angels all the time-maybe they are not grounded or maybe they've opened themselves up too much? Or maybe I'm just imagining things?

It could be the fear attached to the Ouija board that brings in these low level entities-most who try it have probabaly heard of the negativity attached to it-who can say that this negativity does not shine out to lower level entities and bring them in?
    Let's face it; if you're trying out an ouija board and you know about the 'negativity' attached to it when you hear the door slam most people will freak out and start feeling scared.
    The other place where they can be dangerous is when teenagers use them-most teenagers are going through strong emotional turmoil as they turn towards adulthood and are prone to a whole host of emotions (often negative ones; hate being the worst, jealousy, anger etc) and to be honest most of them know nothing about protection-some do it for laughs whilst others do it because everyone else is doing it.

I personally have never tried it and would not touch it; you never know about your inner fear or the inner fears of others around the board, neither do you know if they are angry or jealous or hate someone-it is a big gamble.

Ok will stop rambling there Are Ouija Boards bad/evil? 28115 Are Ouija Boards bad/evil? 28115

Love and light.
    S. xx
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed May 12, 2010 2:09 am

Hi Sacred-Star, I used to think she was ok, and I don't want it to sound like I dislike her now because I don't, I have similar feelings to you, but I can't put my finger on it Are Ouija Boards bad/evil? 588401 Maybe she is just one of those people who seem too good to be true.
    To be fair i'm sure her work has helped countless people but something just doesn't sit right with me about her.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:36 am

Ashley wrote:I have used one, I will tell you now, they tell you what you want to believe. I used it with protection, incense etc to get rid of any negative energies.

I have sometimes thought the same thing about the pendulum as well.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male
    Number of posts : 1227
    Registration date : 2010-04-08

Post  AngelTony Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:22 am

EVIL
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:02 am

AngelTony wrote:EVIL

Hi Tony, do you mean the ouija board or something else someone mentioned in the thread?

AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male
    Number of posts : 1227
    Registration date : 2010-04-08

Post  AngelTony Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:53 am

Violet wrote:
    AngelTony wrote:EVIL

Hi Tony, do you mean the ouija board or something else someone mentioned in the thread?
    Wow, that was 8 months ago Violet. To tell you the truth I do not remember? I do not remember ever touching one? Are Ouija Boards bad/evil? 229495
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:58 am

Violet wrote:Ah.. I see where you're coming from now Are Ouija Boards bad/evil? 821538

Would you ever use an ouija board innerlight?

To answer this question, more accurately. Yes, I have used a Quija Board. I think it was more out of curiousity then as a tool for spirit communication. After all they are marketed as toys in the US. Did I have any problem with them? No, I did hear of a story of a girl from hs that was threatened by a Quija board. I think those instances are more their subconscious fears getting in the way of their messages.
    Now since the person themselves has to move the tool would that not also mean then they would have to allow in any spirit to move the tool through them?
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female
    Number of posts : 989
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  sparkly Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:37 pm

i think this a great thread.
    we don't sell ouija boards in regular aussie shops. maybe some crystal shops? but i've never seen one except on tv?
    i don't want anything to do with them. for a time i was curious...but after some things i've heard, no thanks.
    i think there is a difference in communiucating with spirits that are lowly and earthbound and (the great) spirit. from what i know ouija boards invite mischievous vspirits pretending to be uncle bertie, lull you in...then bam! while one has to consider what in one's self attracts negative entities, still better not to deal; with that till one is ready. just my thoughts.
    i too find doreen virtue dodgy. pretty cards but...i dunno. i've had a lot to do with angelic beings and i am grounded and normal, but i'm not selling anything.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:11 pm

After all they are marketed as toys in the US.
    There's an old thread on this somewhere here personally I think it is wrong to market it as a game for kids.

No, I did hear of a story of a girl from hs that was threatened by a Quija board. I think those instances are more their subconscious fears getting in the way of their messages.

They can be dangerous in the wrong hands, i've no doubt that girl WAS threatened.

I think Sparkly sums it up very well here
    from what i know ouija boards invite mischievous vspirits pretending to be uncle bertie, lull you in...then bam!

peaceandkarma

Male
    Number of posts : 189
    Registration date : 2011-05-25

Post  peaceandkarma Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:53 am

I personally woundn't use one. I suppose it all depends if you summon a negative spirit or not as all this is, is summoning spirit. But as you have no real control of what you are summoning or what intentions this spirit may have, they are for this reason a bad idea. But this is my opinion and others are free to think what they wish. But you'll have no control of what level this spirit comes from.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:53 pm

I think if there is an experienced medium present they are not too bad, but it's like anything other 'tool' in the wrong or inexperienced hands.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content