Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

What is the Spiritual Signifigance of the Home ?

Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

What is the Spiritual Signifigance of the Home ? Empty What is the Spiritual Signifigance of the Home ?

Post  Lynn Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:19 am

Home, Parents and Children

What is the spiritual significance of the home ?

In the home I grew up in there was a “set” family faith that one was expected to follow along. There were trips to Church where one was to behave in a very respectful way.

Did that faith stick with “me” NO the rebellion in me started at 13 and was final at the age of 16.
    Did that faith help define who I was ?

I would have to say yes and no while I did not stay with the faith in God, it did show me the path to understanding I can neither prove of disprove the existence of God. So if God fits to one then it be fine….if not it be fine. Following now that path of Metaphysics I embrace all faiths equally as something to learn from.

Give a general rule of knowledge maybe to children and let them see what fits to them. Be maybe open to the family faith but if a child starts down the path of resistance give them some slack. The times are rapidly changing as the internet open the World to me masses and more about different faiths and religions can be explored.
    If ye’s child suddenly says NO to Church how did or will ye react to that news ?

Lynn

Last edited by Lynn on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spacing form Paste)
    Mal5252
    Mal5252

Male
    Number of posts : 258
    Job/hobbies : writing
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

What is the Spiritual Signifigance of the Home ? Empty Re: What is the Spiritual Signifigance of the Home ?

Post  Mal5252 Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:12 am

Lynn wrote:Home, Parents and Children

What is the spiritual significance of the home ?

In the home I grew up in there was a “set” family faith that one was expected to follow along. There were trips to Church where one was to behave in a very respectful way.

Did that faith stick with “me” NO the rebellion in me started at 13 and was final at the age of 16.
    Did that faith help define who I was ?

I would have to say yes and no while I did not stay with the faith in God, it did show me the path to understanding I can neither prove of disprove the existence of God. So if God fits to one then it be fine….if not it be fine. Following now that path of Metaphysics I embrace all faiths equally as something to learn from.

Give a general rule of knowledge maybe to children and let them see what fits to them. Be maybe open to the family faith but if a child starts down the path of resistance give them some slack. The times are rapidly changing as the internet open the World to me masses and more about different faiths and religions can be explored.
    If ye’s child suddenly says NO to Church how did or will ye react to that news ?

Lynn

Hi Lynn What is the Spiritual Signifigance of the Home ? 28115 ,
    yes I totally agree with you "if a child starts down the path of resistance give them some slack". Nobody, especially a child, can be forced to believe or have 'faith' in God, it's an individuals choice. I was raised in a 'christian' family as a boy but when I got older I began to question things and develope my own viewpoint. But at the same time I believe that some of the childhood teaching about God did stick. I still believe in 'God' but not in the same way that I was taught to believe.

Mal What is the Spiritual Signifigance of the Home ? 371183
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

What is the Spiritual Signifigance of the Home ? Empty Re: What is the Spiritual Signifigance of the Home ?

Post  Violet Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:26 am

I think a lot is set in a child within the home, perhaps even subconciously sometimes, much more than religion too.

A kid grows up scared of spiders cos he saw mummy screeching like a banshee everytime she saw one.

Liking dad's fave footie team because it's all you knew and he loved it so he must be right, I think it's the same with religion.
    It's natural that children will 'follow' their parents imo, especially in the earlier years as they don't know any different, later many question.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 am

I also think the natural 'following' is ok, not ideal or perfect but ok, it is when it goes the other way and it is rammed down their throats that it does the real damage.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Mal5252
    Mal5252

Male
    Number of posts : 258
    Job/hobbies : writing
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post  Mal5252 Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:40 am

Violet wrote:I also think the natural 'following' is ok, not ideal or perfect but ok, it is when it goes the other way and it is rammed down their throats that it does the real damage.

Hi Violet What is the Spiritual Signifigance of the Home ? 21581 ,
    yes nothing will turn a person off faster than having something "rammed down their throats", that's for certain.

Mal What is the Spiritual Signifigance of the Home ? 354831

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:42 pm