Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Size and God

adamkade
    Just joined

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2010-09-15

Size and God Empty Size and God

Post  adamkade Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:48 pm

Does size defeat us? It defeats me. What am I talking about? Well in a way it is related to the chicken and the egg question - in that it defies the mind.

Let me rewind. I was a child. I was in bed, and I had a thought. The universe is infinite. I tired to imagine infinity, but was unable. Imagine travelling at the fastest speed, and travel for an indefinite time and finding that the universe is infinite. Then I read that the universe was expanding. This boggled my mind, and I thought: so the universe isn't infinite. This is even more boggling for my mind. Because if something isn't infinite, then in theory you could reach the end of it. But if you reached the end of the universe, what would be there? What would be over the edge, beyond the edge? Would there be a big sign saying: "GOD WAS HERE" and then in smaller writting: "Tried to go further, but couldnt go because there was nothing there."

Think of something small, and then half it. Then half it again, and keep halfing it. What would happen? What would happen? Would there come a time when the object was as small as a molecule? If we continue to look with better microscopes, more powerful microscopes what would happen? Is there a limit to how small we can go? Would we go to such a smallness that the objects that we are seeing could be influenced by our thoughts. By percieving these things would we change them?

Are we changing the things which we percieve? I am being influenced by the mind which are percieving me through this post, and am I influencing others every time I percieve them?

Anyway, I digress. Size. It defeats us. Whether we go outward or inward.; Big or small, we can not comprehend the great vastness or infinitely small. Is that not a strangeness?

The Supreme being is infinite. I am finite. There is a chasm between us. We are too different! What can bridge this chasm? God's greatest challenge is to communicate with us, and show us his true nature. And yet it is hard for us to know God because in his ultimate trueness, because to do so would require an infinite mind. How can a finite mind know a infinite one? How can a infinite mind communicate to a finite mind that believe that it isn't? The finite mind expects God to communicate with it using the same means as the finite mind uses to communicate with the infinite mind. This is where the finite mind is erring. The finite mind is attempting to restrain the expession of the infinite mind, the finite mind is further blinkering its already fettered mind. We are naturally constrained to our evolutionary point, we already are limited. Why limit ourselves further? and why limit the expression of the Divine? Understand this! You do not know the answer to the question. If you were to know the nature of the question you would not possibly assume to know the answer, because it follows that if you knew the answer you would not need to ask the question. This is an important point.

Come into the communication with the Divine with a completly open mind. Often it is the Athiest which has a mind which is open to the Divine - the Infinite One. The religious mind assumes much about the nature of God and reality. Also, the scientific mind holds its assumptions. Knowledge is like the water which flows. As long as it continues to flow, it constantly remains fresh. When it ceases to flow then it becomes stagnant, and this is the case in the religious institutions as well as the scientific community.

They believe that they know what "Is" - analyse this word. This word implies something, it portrays an order to the universe which is incorrect. It assumes that something is static, and it implies that something could be static. I would say that there is only one thing that is static and that is God, yet God is dynamic also, his being never changes and so, in a sense, it could be said that He/She is.

In short, the Divine is limited only by our limitations, and we limit ourselves because we hold certain assumptions about the universe and the nature of God. We open the communication between ourselves and the Divine holding certain ideas to be true, often because others have taught us that certain things are true about God. We should come to God naked, holding no truth as being absolute. If our truth is true then God whilst communication will confirm it, and if it isn't true then that will become known aswell.

We can know God and God can come to know us, the chasm between us can be bridged through love. Love overcomes all boundaries, and allows the finite to communicate with the infinite. And also opens the door to other communications too, the whole universe can open up to the individual who is linked with God through love. If another being is linked to God through love then no matter how different the two beings are, and no matter what the obstacles they come to communicate and know each other.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 10:27 am