Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

the haindl tarot deck

shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

the haindl tarot deck Empty the haindl tarot deck

Post  shayn Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:46 pm

did anyone heard about that one?

i didn't mean to buy it but i found myself forced to buy it, couldn't not buy it, if you know what i mean.
    but i'm still not sure why i bought it.
    i'm not even sure if i like this deck or not.
    one thing i can say for sure, it is not an easy deck to use or read.
    sadly it didn't came together with a book and now i see the book cost quite a lot, but i guess sooner or later if i to understand this deck i will have to get this book. or not?

s
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

the haindl tarot deck Empty Re: the haindl tarot deck

Post  Violet Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:20 pm

HI Shayn isn't it annoying when the book is seperate, a real money spinner for the publishers, i'm not familiar with that deck but it is ringing bells I will look thrrough my cards and see if I have this deck.

The funny thing with cards Shayn is that sometimes you feel compelled to by a deck and then don't touch it for a long time but sometimes later on you go back to it, this happened to me quite recently, and often when you go back to them they make more sense, I rarely give up completely on tarot decks.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    chi chi
    chi chi

Number of posts : 157
    Registration date : 2009-08-12

Post  chi chi Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:28 pm

Hi Shayne I was once told not to bother with the book look at the card have pen and paper and write down what you feel the card means to you. If this works I don't know but there is no harm in trying :asmile:
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:10 am

hi violet

yes i also find it very annoying that a book is sold seperatly from the cards. but what to do, i tried to look at google books and it was hard to find the book there and it is impossible to look into the book so i don't even know if the book is good or not.
    on another deck i bought, it came with 200 pages book but the book was horrible and didn't help in understanding the cards.
    and yes, i know what you mean about buying a deck and then have it on "hold" for a while just to return to it later on in time. so no, i'm not to give up on this deck just yet, but it is one complicaed one!!!

and chi chi- i agree and you right, sometimes all you need is a pen and paper and go with whatever comes from inside. with this specific deck i don't think it is enought though, as there are so many symbols and some are not very known, and as far as i can tell, the symbols play a great part in the meaning and understanding of this deck.

but as i don't have the book and it casts alot i think i will start with the pen and paper and see what comes and this will happen when i get the "call" from this deck.

S
    Deepwaters
    Deepwaters

Female
    Number of posts : 277
    Registration date : 2010-01-28

Post  Deepwaters Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:15 am

How about a second-hand book from Amazon?
    http://www.amazon.com/Haindl-Tarot-Minor-Arcana/dp/1564145980/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1295338899&sr=8-1
    It also has the "Click to look inside" option.
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:13 pm

thanks, ya.

s

Sponsored content