Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Crystal
shayn
Native spirit
Violet
8 posters

Your least favourite tarot deck ...

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Your least favourite tarot deck ... Empty Your least favourite tarot deck ...

Post  Violet Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:13 pm

and why did you buy it? Perhaps you didn't and had it given?

Why don't you like it?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Your least favourite tarot deck ... Empty Re: Your least favourite tarot deck ...

Post  Native spirit Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:42 am

:SH: Never bought them dont even like them,

Namaste
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Your least favourite tarot deck ... Empty Re: Your least favourite tarot deck ...

Post  shayn Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:13 am

i don't know if there is a deck i own that i don't like. some i find i can't work with, that these cards just do not talk to me, but with most of my decks i love the art work and this is the reason i buy them on the first place. what i don't like i don't buy.

s
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:57 pm

I have loads I don't like, some have too much nudity which is distracting or shocking, some veer away from the useful interpretations, some are just wrong, the wrong picture or form.

Now talk about favourite decks, that is far easier :)
    RavenMoon
    RavenMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 585
    Job/hobbies : fulltime and lots of interests
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  RavenMoon Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:15 pm

I have many... My Favorite is the Cosmic  but I like to give my sitters a choice of packs when doing a sitting.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:16 am

some have too much nudity which is distracting or shocking,
    I have a couple of decks like that and it wouldn't be so bad if it was beautiful art but it's more like you say distracting and shocking

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:19 pm

It can be and makes seekers blush lol, then the discussion is about the 'bits' lol for instance The Lovers in the Robin Wood Tarot  ahem!  It's a shame because the rest of the deck is brilliant, but I can't take my eyes off, oops, blushing here!
    Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027

Post  Auras Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:27 pm

I don't like tarot cards one bit, I see them quite negative. I do not mean to offend anyone.

I don't think they give off proper guidance.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:56 pm

Auras wrote:I don't like tarot cards one bit, I see them quite negative. I do not mean to offend anyone.

How can you see them as negative, you mean the idea of tarot cards? There are so many decks, all different, thousands, and thousands, and such brilliant pictures of suns and moons and joy and happiness, it is rather blinkered to say that you see them as quite negative, have you seen them all, have you seen many or any at all?

And guidance is only as good as the reader, that's for sure!

Have you ever had a tarot reading? I mean a real tarot reading?
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:49 pm

Crystal wrote:
    Auras wrote:I don't like tarot cards one bit, I see them quite negative. I do not mean to offend anyone.

How can you see them as negative, you mean the idea of tarot cards? There are so many decks, all different, thousands, and thousands, and such brilliant pictures of suns and moons and joy and happiness, it is rather blinkered to say that you see them as quite negative, have you seen them all, have you seen many or any at all?

And guidance is only as good as the reader, that's for sure!

Have you ever had a tarot reading? I mean a real tarot reading?
    It is just my belief that they are negative.

I have used them and got a negative vibe
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:02 pm

Probably your own negativity then, after all they are only cards, bits of paper, the feeling is what you bring to them. I often wonder about negative and positive, they are only so because that is what we attach to the feeling, perhaps it is our education and association that is wrong? Could do with CBT for tarot lol :)
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:35 pm

Crystal wrote:Probably your own negativity then, after all they are only cards, bits of paper, the feeling is what you bring to them. I often wonder about negative and positive, they are only so because that is what we attach to the feeling, perhaps it is our education and association that is wrong? Could do with CBT for tarot lol :)
    Actually, No. Tarot carry there own energies.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:57 pm

that you choose to perceive as negative then?
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:16 pm

Crystal wrote:that you choose to perceive as negative then?
    I don't choose nothing.....
    blackbirdrising
    blackbirdrising

Female
    Number of posts : 177
    Registration date : 2013-11-06

Post  blackbirdrising Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:57 am

the angel deck. it was gifted to me, and i quickly gifted it to someone else.
    RavenMoon
    RavenMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 585
    Job/hobbies : fulltime and lots of interests

Post  RavenMoon Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:02 pm

My step father was of Romany blood and disliked Tarot Cards full stop.  He preferred  to use playing cards rather than tarot cards..
     It was his choosing and his choice.  I accepted his decision  and he accepted mine, in so much, I prefer to use Tarot in my readings. 
    It is a person's choice whether they like them or not, whatever the reason. 
     :angel:

Last edited by RavenMoon on Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed word)
    leviosa crimson
    leviosa crimson
    Just joined

Female
    Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2014-10-08

Post  leviosa crimson Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:15 pm

My least favorite Tarot deck would probably be the Prediction. I liked the majors but the pips are unillustrated and too plain for my tastes. I was finally able to sell it (for much less than I paid for it) but I was happy to see it go to someone who would appreciate it and use it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:01 pm