Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Nightmares

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Nightmares Empty Nightmares

Post  Violet Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:17 am

I used to suffer from these frequently, some of them were so bad i'd wake up screaming, other ones i'd have to force myself to wake up.
    Why do you think we have recurring nightmares?
    Have any of you been so badly affected you daren't go to sleep? (As I have.)
    And do any of you feel pain in nightmares?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    gwenddydd
    gwenddydd

Female
    Number of posts : 60
    Job/hobbies : Sailing, runes, reading, writing, jui-jitsu, herbs , horsebackriding, dancing.
    Registration date : 2009-02-26

Nightmares Empty Re: Nightmares

Post  gwenddydd Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:11 pm

Hiya,

I went through a period of "re-occurant" nightmares when I was a kid (2 or 3 years old).

My mum being a single mum needed all the sleep she could get to deal with me, the house and her bachelors during the day, so she tried several things(apart from comforting me).

She told me that "Its all in your head sweety, and your boss, in your head. Your in controll".

It toolk some practise, but eventually 2 year old me learned how to controll her dreams :) "Lucid dreaming"

I found that fear is a trigger for me to start Lucid dreaming, panic causes chaos. You can take matters into your own hands, especially if the nightmare is re-occurant. Start with litlle things first, and work up to the big things. Practice makes perfect.

Generally though I let my dreams just flow.

Even in the event of a re-occurant nightmare. Mine don't generally come back every night, but re-occur months sometimes years later. Those I know have a lesson for me to learn.

Usually once the lesson is learned, the dream comes back one more time, but end differently, and no longer feels like a nightmare.

Some nightmares are just a compilation of our worries, other a compilation of things that scare us, for whatever reasson,

Dreams are, for all intents and purposes the brains way of dealing with what we live through daily. My mum called it, you left and right brainhalf communicating while your snoozing.

And she's not that far of I think. Its our subconcious and concious minds mingling, which can give you some pretty freaky, whimsy, ridiculous, scare, hillarious, beautifull and severly menacing scenes...

Love

Gwen
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:00 pm

I recently had a dream that i've not had for a couple of years, it was very strange as I hadn't really taken much notice the first time I dreamed it and certainly hadn't thought about it at all, so when I had the dream again inside the dream I knew I had had the dream before and it was almost like going to see the same film twice :giggles: it wasn't a bad dream though so I can't grumble

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:50 am