Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

My Experiences of Mediumship

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

My Experiences of Mediumship Empty My Experiences of Mediumship

Post  Violet Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:02 am

Disclaimer: These are my own experiences it may work differently for others.

So, how long have I actually had this ability? Probably most of my life, I believe we're all born with it but it is only now that I understand it, this last couple of years has been a massive learning curve for me and I had my 'aha' moment, when I knew ( but not without doubt ) that I could do it, and so my 'label' was attached, I was/am a medium, something i'd wanted for over 20 years.
    So what's involved exactly? I can hear, sense and see spirit, the three clairs, and when the 'aha' moment came I realised that i have in fact been using all three for as long as I can remember without even realising it, that is how subtle it can be, at the other of the spectrum they (spirit) can be so 'in your face' its shocking.
    Meditation is, imo, the major key to development and only when I knuckled down and turned this key was the door completely opened to me, though i've been peering through the keyhole for years.
    I don't need to meditate before a reading, quite literally i just open the door to the spirit world, sometimes it works, sometimes not, it's dependant on several factors, am I well, am I stressed, do I want to do it, have I been pressured into doing it and last but not least does the person in question really want this reading?
    All of that out of the way i will now begin...
    My first ever 'official' reading
    This was weird I was browsing online, and one thing I kept noticing were the number of people asking for readings, I don't know to this day what prompted me but I clicked the pm button for a name I selected at random, I sat and focussed on that name for a few minutes with my eyes closed, and I was quite surprised when I 'saw' mountains in my mind, then somehow I 'felt' scotland, i typed it down, there were many other random things that dripped into my mind I just continued to type exactly what I was getting though it was disjointed then I sent it off with a brief note to explain that I had felt compelled to have a go. When I found the feedback a few days later I almost fell off my chair with shock, she could take everything i'd said.
    So how did I see those mountains? Well here's a little test for you, i'm going to send an image to your mind, picture in your mind a small red car with blue wheels, got it ? i'll be back soon

Last edited by Violet on Tue May 26, 2009 11:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

My Experiences of Mediumship Empty Re: My Experiences of Mediumship

Post  Violet Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:04 am

A few things came out of that little experiment, I asked you all to try and 'see' the car that I described to you, for some of you it was easy, see how your mind K created an image from that thought, chi it did the same for you although the image was a different colour and you recieved other images too, innerlight you didn't recieve an image but you did see something real and similar shortly after.
    imo this is similar to how mediumship works, i believe they impress their thoughts on us and our minds either instantly create an image of the thought, or of something very similar, or we may hear their thoughts as though they are being spoken inside our heads.

Female

Post  Violet Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:09 am

Feeling Things. (It's probably more correct to refer to this as 'sensing' things really.)

I'm going to attempt to describe precisely how I 'feel' things during a reading, I have to tell you this is what I feel, I can't speak for other mediums, and i'll be describing it in my own weird way too.

When i'm doing a reading, it can work in a number of ways I either 'see,' 'hear' or feel or more generally a combination of the three, i've described the hearing and will cover the seeing later but the feeling, well that for me has to be the strangest of all, I feel what spirit impress on me as actual feelings, sometimes this can be a feeling of pain in a certain area this may on occasion cause me to flinch, but it doesn't physically hurt me, and some of the sensations are quite strange.

Sometimes when a spirit is present they impress on me that they were tall in this life this gives me a strange 'tall sensation' and if anyone here has been half in and half out of their body they will know exactly what i'm talking about here. someone who was short would give me a 'shrinking sensation' I know it sounds insane but that is exactly what it feels like, someone who was obese would make me feel like my cheeks, and more rarely, my body expanding almost like its stretching a little and taut (a little like when you stuff too much food in your mouth!)

With old people I have felt my jowls sag and my brow feels very heavy and so on, so that even if i can't see the spirit i can feel them and get a description that way.
    when I feel conditions that the spirit had whilst living or as they passed I feel it as a pain, one I remember clearly was a blood clot in the back of the head, the pain was there a fraction of a second but it was enough as it was extremely intense and then i could see nothing but darkness this told me that the spirit had passed with a brain haemorrage and this was later confirmed.

Another sensation was one of being shot I 'felt' the impact then again the blackness.
    drug overdoses are quite disturbing as during the reading it feels as though i've lost control and my head feels as though its spinning and I either fade in and out of the blackness or go straight into it depending on whether they died instantly or not. I feel a heart attack as a severe crushing pain in the heart area and 'pains' down my arm, that one is very distinctive, and i've also had a hanging and a suffocation amongst other things.

I deal with these feelings because they aren't physical, but for that split millisecond I feel them as though they are.
    I had serious trouble one night though when I couldn't shake the feelings, this was a suicide but he also impressed on me everything he had felt emotionally just before he took his life, it took me two hours to 'shake it off' completely, this was far worse than the pain side of it imo.

feeling your face altering, as I mentioned above, can be very peculiar but never painful, I can't see my own face when i'm reading, neither can my sitter as I only read online but I was told once during a group meditation that my face had actually physically altered.

The spirits can impress on me their expressions at the time of the reading too, I might 'feel' a smile or a frown for example, I can feel hair lengths and beards sometimes too.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:11 am

I just wanted to add that none of the above, at the time of doing readings, is in anyway frightening or alarming, I don't come out of readings as a gibbering wreck (except for that one time, the one where I felt all the emotions too.)

It is so brief you almost wonder if you imagined it, this is why it is important to close off your own thoughts for a while when reading, as it can become very confusing if you don't.

I'm hoping to get an exercise up for you soon (in the exercises section,) which should help you learn to distinguish between male and female energies.
    radiclol
    radiclol

Number of posts : 349
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  radiclol Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:50 am

i'd love to hear about your 'aha' moment if it isn't too private!
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:58 am

I'll post it soon radiclol but basically it's when I realised how it worked because it was then that everything 'clicked'

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    astralphoenix
    astralphoenix

Female
    Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2009-02-21

Post  astralphoenix Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:40 am

Thank you Violet! I always enjoy hearing about another Medium's experiences and how they see, hear, feel etc.
    When I get a spare moment, I will post about my experiences as a Medium. Oh and one thing before I forget...I don't meditate either before a reading, I just go straight into it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:50 am