Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Horrible or frightening meditations?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Horrible or frightening meditations? Empty Horrible or frightening meditations?

Post  Violet Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:46 pm

I just wondered if anyone has ever had any horrible or frightening meditations, and whether these experiences have put you off meditating altogether?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female
    Number of posts : 541
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

Horrible or frightening meditations? Empty Re: Horrible or frightening meditations?

Post  Carolyn Tue May 01, 2012 9:41 am

I've had visualizations during meditation that warn of bad things that are coming. Its never turned me off from meditation, no. Thank goodness.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Horrible or frightening meditations? Empty Re: Horrible or frightening meditations?

Post  Violet Tue May 01, 2012 10:38 pm

I've never seen anything 'bad' either thankfully, I actually know people who are afraid to meditate in case they do though.

feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

Post  feather Thu May 03, 2012 3:15 am

I never have either. Sometimes I hear some weird stuff....but I just tune out....or tell whatever it is to 'clear off'.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon May 07, 2012 10:33 pm

That's good to hear Carolyn that it hasn't put you off, what kind of weird stuff Feather, can you describe it?

feather
    feather

Female

Post  feather Tue May 08, 2012 2:43 am

Sometimes when I am in 'listening mode' I hear angry words or sometimes get the impression of someone hitting out and yelling. Sometimes a smart-ass comment or two. It's like just sitting in on something. I don't take it personally and if it gets too much I ask my guide/angels to turn it down for me if I haven't had any luck on my own.

I think I can tune into subconscious feelings and maybe old behavioural programs of some people around here....It is quite unnerving sometimes.

This is not when meditating, but there is one person who works here that almost always triggers the feeling of hitting out and abuse and anger when I think of him....and yet he tries to be so nice and happy...too nice I always think.

I don't know if it is a past abuse thing that he endured that I tune into or if it is his angry bottled up feelings trying to get out or maybe an old behavioural pattern that keeps playing over and over in his subconscious.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue May 08, 2012 11:16 pm

That must be very uncomfortable for you.

I think I can tune into subconscious feelings and maybe old behavioural programs of some people around here....

I think this is very likely

This is not when meditating, but there is one person who works here that almost always triggers the feeling of hitting out and abuse and anger when I think of him....and yet he tries to be so nice and happy...too nice I always think.

I'd trust your feelings on this after all aren't our senses there to help protect us? Not that I think he's do anything to you but I feel if you're psychic hackles rise when in the prescence of anyone to this degree i'd be wary of them.

feather
    feather

Female

Post  feather Thu May 10, 2012 5:38 am

Yes, Violet, there could be a strange behavioural streak there. Luckily I'm an outsider and just get to notice.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:16 am