Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
eyeopen
Deepwaters
SpiritVoices
Native spirit
SeaCharms
Violet
10 posters

What are your thoughts on negativity

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

What are your thoughts on negativity  - Page 2 Empty What are your thoughts on negativity

Post  Violet Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

and how do you cope/deal with it, in yourself and in others?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

What are your thoughts on negativity  - Page 2 Empty Re: What are your thoughts on negativity

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:37 pm

Thanks Deepwaters.

You know I have never seen that link published before here in Cambs.

Some interesting events there.

Trips I love,seeing old buildings is right up my street.

Can't thank you enough.....What are your thoughts on negativity  - Page 2 21581

Joanie xx
    Wisa'ka
    Wisa'ka

Male
    Number of posts : 285
    Registration date : 2012-03-26

What are your thoughts on negativity  - Page 2 Empty Re: What are your thoughts on negativity

Post  Wisa'ka Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:08 pm

I've noticed especially in particular groups where people are expected to think alike that disagreement is quick to be deemed as negativity. I've noticed this behavior in cults as well.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:30 pm

It is not disagreement,Wisa'ka.

Everyone has different likes and dislikes.

My choice of hobby is mostly outdoor pursuits.

I love walking,swimming etc. Not a Bingo girl at all.

I don't mind playing cards now and again.

But it doesn't always lead to disagreements. I presume you mean arguments etc about what hobbies should be undertaken in a group.

We have many choices here in what we would like do with our leisure time.

Thank you.

What are your thoughts on negativity  - Page 2 28115

Joanie
    Wisa'ka
    Wisa'ka

Male
    Number of posts : 285
    Registration date : 2012-03-26

Post  Wisa'ka Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:15 pm

A person I went to school with got involved with a cult. What got him out was the cult leader getting arrested for pedophilia. After a bit of deprogramming, my old schoolmate went into some detail how this cult leader kept members in line. If one did not talk, jump and fetch in a manner to the cult leader and his upper tier's liking one of the labels they would use was 'negative, bringing negativity to the group. This happened a along time ago, but this 'negative' reference stuck in my mind and it seems that this label is still being applied by cults today. It was my schoolmate's experience that got me interested in cults, their leaders and how they operate.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:06 am

Hi Wisa'ka though I do not like or condone cults, I do have an interest in how they work, how can one person wield such power and control over others, and how do those others the members put up with it and cope, I think it's the psychology of it which interests me, but don't get me wrong I think they are sick, I just like to know how some people tick.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:41 pm

The word 'Cult' makes me cringe. Have no idea why,but something about the sound of it.

Sounds more like bullying to me.

We can be firm but kind at times.

Joanie
    Borisk
    Borisk
    Just joined

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2012-12-07

Post  Borisk Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:47 am

I don't perceive negativity at all. And recommend to do it to everyone.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:42 pm

Borisk wrote:I don't perceive negativity at all. And recommend to do it to everyone.
    That sounds unusual to me...so when you get ill or something normally seen as negative occurs - say, an accident, something valuable breaks....how do you appraise this?

I see problems as challenges but, in so doing, realise their inherent negative factor.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:32 pm