Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

A Discussion on the Tunnel.

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

A Discussion on the Tunnel. Empty A Discussion on the Tunnel.

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:43 pm

Not experiences on going through the Tunnel but where does the Tunnel exist?

I have read many reports on where the afterlife Tunnel actually exists.

We know we pass over into the spirit world through some kind of opening between our world and the spirit world.
    Why is this tunnel needed if those who have passed over find themselves immediately in the spirit world?

It cannot be imagery it must exist somewhere. The kind of tunnel that a spirit body passes into either after death of the physical body or through a NDE happening. We know that NDE's exist by the many reports we read from those who have experienced these.

But the tunnel itself is a mystery that cannot be explained.

We don't go through it when we Astral travel or do we?
    So when we astral travel,how do we reach the spirit world for a quick peep?
    There are many descriptions of the tunnel,all different in each way.

But where lies the tunnel to take us to spirit?
    Another question.....Those who send us messages from spirit,has there ever been any mention of arriving in that world of spirit through the tunnel? What about the figure standing at the end of the tunnel?

Joanie

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

A Discussion on the Tunnel. Empty Re: A Discussion on the Tunnel.

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:23 pm

Found this article on the internet about the tunnel.

Portal to the spirit world

In Journey of Souls, Dr. Michael Newton writes that as souls move away from Earth’s astral plane after death of the physical body, a tunnel usually appears, a phenomenon that is consistently reported in NDEs. This tunnel is perceived as a portal into the spirit world and appears in various places relative to the soul, i.e., beside, above, or in the distance. According to the interviews Dr. Newton has conducted with thousands of subjects in a superconscious state under hypnosis, there is full realization that physical death has indeed occurred once the soul has arrived at the portal to the spirit world. However, disorientation and uncertainty usually persist as the soul attempts to suddenly acclimate to a state of alert consciousness that is devoid of physical embodiment, all within a weightless, intangible environment.

Upon emerging from the tunnel, subjects' descriptions during life between lives interviews are given in halting, but startling, awe-struck tones: "a cloudy brightness" or "light fog" is seen within a serene, very quiet stillness. There is an unmistakable sense of other spirits being close, highlighted by a perception of compelling “power of thought.” Messages of "love, companionship, empathy" are conveyed with a "sense of anticipation" and "others are waiting," as if the soul's arrival was expected.

Yet reactions do vary, depending upon the soul's number of previous life experiences. Subjects typically describe feelings of joy, hesitation, curiosity, and astonishment. The more experienced tend to be less emotionally affected, describing surroundings and events in practical terms as they prepare for anticipated familiar travel further into spiritual realms. Quite interestingly, Dr. Newton has found that the most common reaction is a sigh of relief followed by this sentiment of recognition: “Oh, I’m home in this beautiful place again.”

Taken from the internet from Dr.Michael Newton.
    Author of Journey of Souls.

Joanie.
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:30 pm

I dont really know joan because ive had NDE and i help others cross over but i never see a tunnel, i usualy see a bridge leading onto beautiful fields i know a lot of ppl say that you move through a tunnel but its not my experience.

Namaste
    gilly
    gilly

Male
    Number of posts : 851
    Job/hobbies : Writing Sci/Fi and Fantasy
    Registration date : 2011-11-11

Post  gilly Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:13 pm

Intersting Native Spirit--Joanie!!
    Have not really thought about this before--The very expression 'Passing Over' implies some sort of journey. Maybe through a tunnel or over a bridge--many in the ancient 'Greek' mythologies believed yo had to cross the 'River Styx', and of course pay the ferryman for taking you.
    The one thing I am certain of is that we go from HERE, the physical world, to THERE, the spiritual world. Maybe the transition is a very 'personal' thing at the end of the day.
    In many of my meditations I pass through a tunnel--it is a revolving tunnel! ??
    PPLLnL
    Peter
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:40 pm

Let's take it further,Peter.
    Call what it what we will,a portal,an opening,even stairs?

Some where there is an opening which allows us access to the spirit world.
    Those who are still living sometimes find that access to spirit through dreams,dreams when we are in the astral body,physical shell left behind for a few mins while the soul,spirit explores.
    But to find that opening? The opening that only occurs when the spirit world and the physical world over lap.......

Now just how often does that occur?

Back tomorrow.... :asmile:

Joanie
    somnium
    somnium

Number of posts : 315
    Registration date : 2013-04-05

Post  somnium Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:04 pm

Hello, I believe that these experiences are largely drawn by our judgements, opinions, and expectations. I see the source as many things and one of them is a catering to our awareness. Belief is a very powerful tool that can effectively mold experiences to our own custom inclusive realities. For example in my path I was taught that one can transform the physical mass of the body into the energy body, into spirit, or even pure awareness. Since I was taught this I do not have limitations that bind me to the realm of earth. The only bindings I have are the forms of knowledge and experience I develop in my life. I was taught that each area of knowledge and awareness we formulate is responsible for the forms of reality we experience. One can then successfully alter their awareness to form a different world, or alternate reality.

When I was younger I had a near death experience, or rather I died and came back. I had intended to find what my path called intent and will, the source and essence of all things. For days my awareness was trapped inside a mirror and everything I thought of or judged in life came to form around me. I prayed to God that night for the first time, asking him to help me. I found myself a little afterwards floating bodyless in a void. Blackness surrounded my floating awareness in all directions. I could see in any direction I focused and I looked behind me to see several small points of light. They travelled towards me and passed my body to congregate in front of me. As I focused on this source of light it seemed to travel to me as I also traveled to it. When I reached it I hesitated and a beautiful voice said to me it is what I wanted. I focused again on the light and my energy body responded by telling me it was also beautiful, I knew it was true. It told me I could come back if I wanted and I decided that I would come back. My body then jumped in on its own volition, knowing exactly what to do. I merged then with the light and we became an immense explosion of light, and conscious awareness. This was the source of life and death and it was the most intense and amazing experience I ever had. I could see that right here everything possible in life has already happened, already occurred right now. In balance to this creation was also its opposite. For every single possible outcome has also already failed or not happened. I could see that this balance brought a counteracting force that neutralised any possible resistance to the will. All one had to do was to decide here and the will of the source, merged together with the will of the individual would create the result. The explosions continued one after another in a series of life giving awareness. And every time it happened it would carry our path further into being. It was pure conscious awareness traveling to all the points of development, expanding itself as it travailed. Enrichening the awareness it carried and fueled. I woke up then, or rather my awareness started to come back to my body and I was getting beaten by two people. One was holding me and the other was assaulting my body. The explosions would grip my awareness and their punches would bring me back. I saw then that with this will I did not need to get beaten any longer and so I decided it would stop. As soon as the decision was made the two people were 'blown' off of me and they scurried away into a house. I, covered in blood, walked to my house but do not remember how I got there. I nursed myself in the sink until the police came.

Now long afterwards I have drawn on this experience many times and have gotten very close to it. At times I call it to me to move my awareness to select positions needed for magical ability and energy feats. I find that focus brings it to me, though not at it's most intense stage. It was truly life and death, all life and all death brought together in the same place. A reunion.

Now I tell people all the time that life is what we make of it and it can become absolutely anything. It already is.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:44 pm

You certainly have had some experiences....can I say Astral travel or other means of travel into spirit?
    Where did you learn all this or does it come naturally to you?
    How long have you been able to do all this travelling?

Yes,there are various ways of travelling. OBE's,Astral or dreams.
    Also if we include it....NDE's.

But my question was ...where is this tunnel that so many see and have travelled through to the spirit world. Does it suddenly appear when one is in a state of unconsciousness?
    My husband found himself in a sort of tunnel which showed and revolved in the colours of the rainbow.
    I have heard other reports of different descriptions of this tunnel.
    I am not suggesting that the tunnel is solid but a sort of opening from one planet of the earth and the world we know as spirit.

Joan

somnium
    somnium

Post  somnium Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:19 pm

I think the tunnel is a symbolism used so that we can understand or translate. I know that reality can communicate visually in many ways, I think it is pretty understandable to see a tunnel or bridge uniting the physical to the spiritual, or after-life positions. As far as an omen I would see it as a transition period, or transcendance. I know that our dreaming selves often can produce imagery in representative fashion and so I would think that the source of all life most certainly can. I have had some success with visualising portals as a gateway between worlds.

Yes, you are right, I have had many experiences surrounding the mysteries of the spirit, or abstract. I have studied and walked many different paths. Some very dark and some very beautiful.
    I first learnt I could travel off the confines of a map into worlds that were not created yet long ago. I learnt that creation can create anything and creation is all around us, free of maps and confines. I practiced pre-visualising the places I would visit and then entering into my mindscape. I am not a professional by any means but I have seen artistic mountains shimmering in gems and diamonds and gold, that would change shape depending on what you thought of them. I learnt that reality is a projection of awareness, and energy. The path that led me into this being is called Toltec and is a very ancient art of dreaming. We see reality as energy, free and flowing and physical as the result of a physical definition or inventory. Toltecs saw that reality can be changed by changing our awareness or value of what it is. At its purest potential it can be anything imaginable and beyond imagination.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:48 am

I understand what you mean. Shortly after my husband passed over,I asked him to show me the spirit world.

That night in a dream I dreamed I was standing on the summit of steep hill or mountain,my husband standing beside me,though I could not see him clearly.

Below me was the most beautiful sight I have ever seen.
    Flowers I cannot describe the colour of,deep reds,azure blues and brilliant yellows of every flower.

Bushes flowering with many blooms. A lake in the centre of the scene with water of the most deepest blue and greens.

I have dreamed of seeing the spirit world always with hubby standing there by my side.
    As if to say 'This is where you will arrive when your time comes'.

Wonderful.

As I remember when he experienced the tunnel,he also saw all rainbow colours revolving around him as he moved forward. We discussed this subject many times. I also remember reading where someone had suggested that the many black holes known in the universe,were they the 'tunnel' we moved through from one dimension to another.

Joanie

somnium
    somnium

Post  somnium Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:45 am

That is a very beautiful experience, thank you for sharing it. I too have reached out to a passed loved one, my grandma. She came to me radiating light and glowing happy. I showed her my faith and connection with spirit and she was happy for me. She smiled a lot in life but her smile was somehow fuller, and more vibrant when she came to me.

You speak about black holes being a portal to another dimension. Well it is theorised that every beam of light ever created will eventually return to its source because the universe both expands and collapses onto itself. At the center is a singularity that bridges or connects with every time and place. In other words an event horizon. It is because of the fact that atoms both merge and separate that it said to have created every possible arrangement, or direction. Time itself expands to become everything and then contracts to be collected, adding to the source of time. A pure and a full potential.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:52 pm

Very well put,Somnium.

Everything comes together in time. Even our lives and the mistakes we make in those lives,there is always an explanation for that. Fate can not be stopped. What will happen,will happen.

Joanie

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:44 am