Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
SpiritVoices
Violet
shayn
7 posters

playing cards and tarot

shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

playing cards and tarot Empty playing cards and tarot

Post  shayn Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:28 pm

i was playing some cards today with my little one, and couldn't avoid trying to interpret the cards as we played. but looking at the cards i was thinking can you get same deep answers from playing cards as from tarot? i know that it is thought that oracle cards are not as deep as tarot, but i know this to be wrong, you can get very deep answers and detailed answers from oracle cards. as for playing cards.. well i don't remember, way back, many years ago i started my way using playing cards, but i switched to tarot quite quickly, so i don't remember.

any thoughts?

s
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

playing cards and tarot Empty Re: playing cards and tarot

Post  Violet Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:13 pm

Hi Shayn i've had some really deep stuff from playing cards, often far deeper than the tarot over the years, perhaps it is because playing cards are something most of us are familiar with, most people have a pack in their home so perhaps subconsciously those we read for with them aren't as nervous, there is a lot of fear and suspicion around tarot particularly with those who have rarely perhaps never seen them and they subconsciously 'block' them for that reason, while playing cards are non threatening and very familiar to most.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:56 am

interesting point violet,
    thank you.

maybe i should give the playing card a 2ed round? :giggles:

s
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:11 am

I know Ken would not touch Tarot cards.   As I said awhile ago,he always regarded them as unlucky.   I asked why one time but I never received an answer.

He had an old stack of ordinary playing cards he used over and over again.
    But I still think  spirit used to come through why he was reading.

I have some Angel cards somewhere,must get them out and practise again.
    Haven't looked at them for years....You got me going again...:blush:

Joan x
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:11 am

Violet wrote:Hi Shayn i've had some really deep stuff from playing cards, often far deeper than the tarot over the years, perhaps it is because playing cards are something most of us are familiar with, most people have a pack in their home so perhaps subconsciously those we read for with them aren't as nervous, there is a lot of fear and suspicion around tarot particularly with those who have rarely perhaps never seen them and they subconsciously 'block' them for that reason, while playing cards are non threatening and very familiar to most.
    hi violet

if i understand you correctly, then what you really say is that you read the person and not the cards, the cards are just an inbetween thing or something like that?

s
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:20 pm

No as far as i'm aware i'm reading the cards, what I mean is people are more likely to subconsciously block a tarot reading.:bfs:

shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:32 am

i understood well violet, and i know well this feeling of people blocking a reading, but when i read you saying that it made  me think that maybe because we are affected by this reaction, then what we read in a reading is not the card but the person in some why...because how else would the person reaction will interfere with the cards? it is a real question that started bugging me after i read your post, i don't have an answer..
    i can come up with few answers but at this point i'm not sure they are really a good answer.. like the cards represent the person: his moods, fears, thoughts and so on... but the cards kind of connects the reader with fate or whatever is there that gives the answer, so why is it affected by the person's blockage?  not sure here... just thinking openly

s
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:23 pm

I remember someone who used to do this.   More than one time he was accused of 'blocking' the reader.    The reader used to sense this.
    Said they feel a 'brick wall' up every time they read for this gentleman.

Joan x
    RavenMoon
    RavenMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 585
    Job/hobbies : fulltime and lots of interests
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  RavenMoon Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:32 pm

When I first learnt, I used playing cards, then moved on to Tarot cards.  
    There have been odd times I could not do a sitting  - I put it down to perhaps that was not a good time for them to have a reading. What with so many variations about - it is a  persons personal choice which particular  cards they use or are  drawn to. Each to their own I say.
    Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  Auras Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:10 pm

shayne, i was hoping someone would bring this up. i have recently been reading playing cards, iv recently found out i could nautrally read them. but to me i dont think you get deep answers from them, in my opinion. its how you view the cards. but its diffrent for everyone.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:27 pm

With playing cards there is no prompt, there is no visual clue, there is no Major Arcana. They need to be learnt by rote and are practically impossible to read intuitively.

Tarot is deep and enriched and also far clearer when giving answers. So for those of you who do read playing cards do you read Swords Clubs or Swords Spades?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:01 pm

I think you have to be very psychic with playing cards.

My husband was a playing cards reader.   Would not for some reason use Tarot cards.   He often said that the tarot cards were misleading because of the pictures on the cards.
    So many interpretations of the pictures.

He always took the Queens as women and the Kings as men.
    Four different Queens as four different types of women and four Kings as four different types of men.
    Diamonds as wealth or money or finances.
    Spades as not so good news.   Hearts were obvious as love.

Then the psychic side of him used to kick in and he was away with the reading....
    :giggles: 
    Joan x
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:44 am

Crystal wrote:With playing cards there is no prompt, there is no visual clue, there is no Major Arcana. They need to be learnt by rote and are practically impossible to read intuitively.

Tarot is deep and enriched and also far clearer when giving answers. So for those of you who do read playing cards do you read Swords Clubs or Swords Spades?

Hi Crystal, I don't know the meanings for each playing card so I must be reading 'intuitively':huh: 

I think generally swords are spades and wands are clubs.

shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:09 am

it is hard to be intuitive with playing cards..... lucky you V...

s
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:46 am

Violet I thought for some reason that you read the Tarot? It's easy to transfer the interpretations across then?
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:16 pm

hi crystal, i can't answer in Violet's name, but for me it is hard to transform, i started with playing cards, but felt like the horizon opened for me when i started on the tarot, and every now and then i look at the playing cards  and i find it hard... i don't know maybe with some practice, it turns easy.

and as far as i know violet reads both..and some other things as well :)

s
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:26 pm

Hi Shayn,  How did you learn with playing cards then, did someone tell you the meanings or did you use numerology or a book? How did you learn Tarot?

With practice everything is far easier, but it all depends on your level of knowledge. If you understand the minor arcana and the way the suits work, elements, progression etc then transferring to playing cards is easy, still more difficult than any Tarot deck though I think, but still limited without the Majors.
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:47 pm

hi crystal i started with playing cards with only playing.. it just came from itself, can't explain much and i was very young at the time. then i found a book that made it all too complicated - not good in remembering anything, but from that book i learnt there were other kinds of cards, like tarot cards, so it took a while and i got me a deck, and a book but the book didn't make much sense to me though the cards did, the rest is very very old history....

my reading is very intuitive, as i said, not good in remembering things.., i prefer images... i guess if i really set my mind and heart to it, and give playing cards a chance once again, it might work, but for now i get more success in reading apples and bananas then playing cards :)
    my dream is to be able to read the runes, and i try every now and then, and when i have the book open next to me, it is ok, but when i try to do things by heart no luck :(

never mind, all in good time...

s
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:41 pm

Crystal wrote:Violet I thought for some reason that you read the Tarot? It's easy to transfer the interpretations across then?
    Hi Crystal I read both, but no I don't transfer the meanings, they are two completely separate methods, I don't know the formal meanings of all the tarot cards either and literally just 'read' them:giggles:

Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:09 pm

:astar: Im not a card reader im a medium thats not to say i dont have any though.i have Angel cards and my favourites are the Native American animal cards, i have given reading with them but i find i use my intuition more with cards than anything i prefer to do medium work,
     i know a few people who read cards ordinary playing cards but they are romanie gypsies.i dont like tarot cards at all i wont toutch them.

Namaste

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:56 pm