Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

tarot cards

angelrocco
    angelrocco

Female
    Number of posts : 186
    Job/hobbies : full time mum and looking for my guide
    Registration date : 2012-05-24

tarot cards Empty tarot cards

Post  angelrocco Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:48 am

I have recently discovered i have a gift to reading the cards more and more people have come back and said positive things ive never believed u should only use a deck gifted to you i feel connected and drawn to the 5 decks i have and dont find them difficult to work with ive since found out my grandmother had a gift for reading tealeaves!!!! yes the tarot cards i have are

doreen virtue angel tarot cards
    doreen virtue healing with the fairies cards
     josephine ellershaw a pretty standard traditional deck swords cups wands etc....
    mary jac a pocketful of angels angel message cards
    magical times jody bergsma (those are beautifull)

to be honest what i do sense is u should pick the right deck for that person....and i hate doing readings for people that think its a game or dont understand what youve taken your time to type out for them so yea i have pdf files with all the meanings LOL!!! but yea everyone is different so u prob will find diffrent things work for different people L&L angel long time no see lovely people :love:
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

tarot cards Empty Re: tarot cards

Post  Crystal Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:29 am

You have some lovely decks there but you do know that most of them aren't tarot decks? People get very ticked off if a reader says they are using tarot and then uses something else.

Why do you think that a deck has to be gifted to you? That no longer applies in the modern world.
    angelrocco
    angelrocco

Female

tarot cards Empty tarot cards reply

Post  angelrocco Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:15 pm

i first got told u should only use a set gifted to you thats what i meant i dont believe it personally the magical times empowerment cards 1 look at the pictures of them cards i thought wow i felt drawn to them only downfall is it has a flimsy box and a paper booklet that tells you about the meanings other than that (plus i typed it up on a pdf document!!!) theyre awesome:) i think its good if you can afford it to get a variety....saying that my decks i do have ive paid including postage 14 pounds £ which isnt bad at all mostly from amazon too i read the customer ratings first before i buy them aswell....but yea i only ever had 1 negative feedback this woman was into vampire tarot cards and wouldnt accept my reading....i said sorry but those were the cards i felt drawn to personally me though i find vampire/gothic decks oh theyre not for me at all!!! xxxx ive always loved fairies angels and buddha ornaments id have a house full if i could LOL!!!! but yea i learnt on decks recently theres so many different ones and you can make up your own even!!!! ive been scarily accurate i pulled out a card for a facebook friend i dont know her in person at that time last yr she was trying for a baby and a card came out with fertility on it 2 weeks later she messaged me and said angel u know i said i was worried well im PREGNANT!!! i was like:O really??? i always say that i dont believe in myself enough but people believe in me though:) theyve said uve got a gift and your spot on with your readings and now ive done numerous ones and only ever had that 1 complaint...It hasnt put me off im still going to keep going:) xx :stars:
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:53 pm

When I was learning, without any mentor or guidance, I did a reading for a lady about pregnancy and whether she would conceive. The reading said yes and then  a month later the lady did conceive and emailed me.  I was very young at the time and thought I was very clever. 

Then a couple of months later the lady emailed me again and this time said she had lost the baby. She was angry at my reading and although she didnt blame me she was angry that she hadnt asked the right question. Not will she ever get pregnant but will she ever have a live happy healthy child!

Be careful! 

I am lucky in that now after a few decades of experience I understand the mistakes I made and it's one of the reasons I chose to teach tarot and mentor readers.

Most readers have an ethical code that does not allow readings about health or pregnancy. Do you have a code?
    angelrocco
    angelrocco

Female

tarot cards Empty reply

Post  angelrocco Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:35 pm

i am very mindfull and dont read to under 18s it was a card that said fertility not so much pregnancy it came out afterwards that she was worried cause she previously misscarried that it would happen again and then 2 weeks later she said she was pregnant but all was fine i have 5 decks and on certain ones the ego card for example i can show you what it says i dont like having to pass it on to people alot either:$
    Ego
    The Ego card reflects situations (usually of our own making) where we feel trapped. It seems as though our path has become completely hidden, and it feels like there’s no way forward. Of course, this is an illusion. We aren’t really as stuck as we think we are, and freedom comes with a change of our thoughts from pessimism to optimism. Ego can also reveal other significant challenges, such as addiction or dependency, that can hold us back from happiness. As such, this is a very important card in tarot, since it can give us insight into our clients’ or family members’ challenges with substance use. This card sometimes refers to someone who’s too focused on material or worldly things, and therefore might indicate excessive debt. It can also signify those who aren’t taking responsibility for their actions or choices.

i do say it doesnt just refer to the person im reading for it can be either and or family members yes i do know youve got to be carefull and have certain rules and ways of dealing with it but i have done my own cards for 2 years and only recently even attempted doing readings for friends it isnt an overnight like wow i found out i got a talent thing out of nowhere an ameteur would do that i have read many books also easy tarot guidebook josephine ellershaw she even states in her book do not read for friends until your happy with your own readings first for yourself as it can lead to dissapointment and esp with under 18s they are very impressionable and take it to heart i have stated in a pic what tarot isnt about and questions u can not ask and tarot superstitions i did just try to upload the pic but it wouldnt do it!!!!
    angelrocco
    angelrocco

Female

tarot cards Empty this is the link to the pix ive posted

Post  angelrocco Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:37 pm

https://www.facebook.com/tarotspread?fref=ts i know its got spreads on there but it also gives u info of what questions u can or cant ask etc x
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:13 pm

I'm not familiar with an 'Ego' card in tarot? Which deck is that from?
    angelrocco
    angelrocco

Female

tarot cards Empty reply

Post  angelrocco Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:47 pm

ego is from the angel tarot cards (light blue box) by doreen virtue and radleigh valentine also on other sets ive got theres a few negative cards in there i would NOT read out to someone either

this is from DOREEN VIRTUES HEALING WITH THE FAIRIES

Sexuality
    Card Meaning: Your sexual self needs some attention. By drawing this card, you are urged to be
    honest with yourself about your sexuality, and to take appropriate steps.
    Sexuality is an important part of life, not just to our physical self, but also to our emotional
    spiritual selves. The fairy realm understands the unique joy that comes from sexual experiences.
    They know about the Divine light that is created when you merge with a beloved partner. They
    understand then release that sexuality brings about. By drawing this card, you are being guided
    to heal any sexual issues that may have arisen from negative experiences. If you were ever
    sexually abused, this card may signal a call for help from your inner self. You may be directed to
    seek professional counselling or a support group to overcome negative sexual or body issues, or
    to heal a sexually unsatisfying relationship. The fairies will guide you to the appropriate
    resources so that you can be truly free to experience the dynamic aspects of your sexuality.
    Affirmation: My sexual self is attractive, healthy and able to experience great pleasure.

THE CARD EGO which we were talking about earlier though yes also another not so good card people can take wrong like this above one i wouldnt like to tell someone id pulled that out the deck:$ its very blunt (sorry for the capitals i just wanted no confusion on the cards i was talking about thats all i did it for) 
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:13 pm

I just can't relate those cards to Tarot. You need to be clear that you are reading a deck that someone created that was so biased and subjective that they dictate the meanings. They are not part of the arcana.
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:43 pm

hi Crystal 
    do you find yourself sometimes breaking your code?

s
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:32 pm

shayn wrote:hi Crystal 
    do you find yourself sometimes breaking your code?

s

Hey Shayn,

I have to say that I don't, at least not on purpose that is. Just once there was a young man who wasn't 18 but looked much older, but when I was sitting shuffling and talking to him I realised that he was under age and so declined to read any further and refunded him his money.

I suppose the thing is that I believe in my code of ethics and so stick by it. Maybe it is experience that has proven the many different points, maybe it is my training, or seeing how many people get hurt or damaged by inexperienced readers making faux pas and blunders?

What about you?
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:50 pm

ammmmmm

s
    Crystal