Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
SpiritVoices
ameliorate
6 posters

Intuition and Higher Self....same thing?

ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Intuition and Higher Self....same thing? Empty Intuition and Higher Self....same thing?

Post  ameliorate Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:29 am

Recently I've been thinking that intuition and our higher self are one and the same thing so I'd be interested to know what your thoughts are on this.

I have always had good intuition.  Frequently, whilst helping others, my self/ego takes a back seat and I find something else taking over and giving good, wise answers....it's my intuition.  I'm sure some of you also have this ability.  Is it the same thing as the higher self?  If not, then how does it differ?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Intuition and Higher Self....same thing? Empty Re: Intuition and Higher Self....same thing?

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:02 pm

I am not sure that Intuition is connected to the Higher Self,Amy.
    It may be or it maybe not.    

Intuition can be a warning sometimes.    We make a decision to carry out a certain plan.    Like changing some event in our life.
    Suddenly we feel that decision is incorrect.    We feel uneasy.
    Why?   Sometimes we find that our intuition is wrong!   
    We're not sure what to do then.   

May be this is whether the Higher self comes in.   How does the Higher Self help us in this direction?
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Intuition and Higher Self....same thing? Empty Re: Intuition and Higher Self....same thing?

Post  ameliorate Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:06 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:I am not sure that Intuition is connected to the Higher Self,Amy.
    It may be or it maybe not.    

Intuition can be a warning sometimes.    We make a decision to carry out a certain plan.    Like changing some event in our life.
    Suddenly we feel that decision is incorrect.    We feel uneasy.
    Why?   Sometimes we find that our intuition is wrong!   
    We're not sure what to do then.   

May be this is whether the Higher self comes in.   How does the Higher Self help us in this direction?
    Yes Joan....I am sure I have this discussion with you.  There is a distinction between gut instinct and intuition.  Gut instinct is frequently wrong and comes from fear - intuition is never wrong and always feels right/wise.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:17 pm

Yep,remember now,Amy.    
    To be honest,I never ever trust in my intuition.    It has often proved to be incorrect to me.   Made too many mistakes through life and relying on Intuition.

:giggles:
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:36 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:Yep,remember now,Amy.    
    To be honest,I never ever trust in my intuition.    It has often proved to be incorrect to me.   Made too many mistakes through life and relying on Intuition.

:giggles:
    My intuition has always been right Joan....that's how I distinguish it primarily from my gut instinct which frequently is unstable/unreliable.  What you are calling intuition strikes me definitely as gut instinct.

I would like this thread to be about intuition and the higher self, i.e. those with experience of this.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:40 pm

ameliorate wrote:Recently I've been thinking that intuition and our higher self are one and the same thing so I'd be interested to know what your thoughts are on this.

I have always had good intuition.  Frequently, whilst helping others, my self/ego takes a back seat and I find something else taking over and giving good, wise answers....it's my intuition.  I'm sure some of you also have this ability.  Is it the same thing as the higher self?  If not, then how does it differ?
    I'm in agreement and no-one has ever explained (in a way that satisfies me) what else this so-called higher self might otherwise be anyway....
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:46 pm

Thanks Mac - nice to know!  :rainbow: 

Post  Guest Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:18 pm

Im a "gut responder"

lol
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:24 pm

Yes I have gut instinct too Mr. Whitmore....and know the difference between that and intuition.  When I am helping others (and my ego takes a back seat), it's not my gut instinct that is operating but my reliable and wise intuition.  There is a real difference.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:26 pm

Your pm is in transit......

Post  Guest Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:34 pm

ameliorate wrote:Yes I have gut instinct too Mr. Whitmore....and know the difference between that and intuition.  When I am helping others (and my ego takes a back seat), it's not my gut instinct that is operating but my reliable and wise intuition.  There is a real difference.

but there is no ego in my gut reaction/response..........there is ego in intuition.

now im not being mean....but am just saying ok?

so this part in your quote:

my reliable and wise intuition
    to me thats ego.......is it not? Im not saying its wrong either.
    partofme
    partofme

Female
    Number of posts : 820
    Job/hobbies : spiritual growth, repurposer, gardening...anything creative.
    Registration date : 2013-05-29

Post  partofme Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:43 pm

ameliorate wrote:Recently I've been thinking that intuition and our higher self are one and the same thing so I'd be interested to know what your thoughts are on this.

I at one time had found an explanation through book I was reading on intuition. In my interpretation it seemed as if our intuition is based on our ability to recollect information from our subconscious. It was one of those books that mixed spiritual with psychological, if I am remembering the right source.

Now to say your "higher self" has to be achieved in order to tap into that...in my understanding of things, that goes along with how I see it. Every single aspect of your entire lives are recorded within our subconscious.  To filter out and bring forward necessary information imo...would take intent, stillness of the mind, ect many of the requirements that it takes to achieve your higher self.

My intuition at times can be very spot on. More so when it comes to dealing with people. And more so when Im spot on. I can usually tell when someones lying.  But Im also big on the "psychology" aspect of spirituality and how they are intertwined.    Studying people as a default.   If I keep a trigger figure mentality Im more correct than if to sit and ponder something out.  If Im having an off day, my intuition seems to play off of that.
    partofme
    partofme

Female
    Number of posts : 820
    Job/hobbies : spiritual growth, repurposer, gardening...anything creative.
    Registration date : 2013-05-29

Post  partofme Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:52 pm

Mr.Whitmore wrote:
    but there is no ego in my gut reaction/response..........there is ego in intuition.
    Excuse the font errors.So when Im acting in a pull trigger mentality, obviously thats "gut" and no time for ego to set in.To me, they also seem intertwined.   Maybe its more of a timing aspect.  If you act on your gut feeling..or act on your intuition based on your reaction time, gives time for ego to set in. Ahaaa, maybe!?  See psyco babble runs a muck!  :giggles: 

Last edited by partofme on Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:52 pm

'ego' is an ever-present part of us ordinary mortals' lives. 

Operating without the involvement of our egos is difficult but at times they may be less in evidence than at others.  Gut instinct reactions may be appropriate for some but not for others - it's down to personalities.  One (wo)man's 'gut instinct' may have more 'higher self' influence than another's but not be recognised by its owner (or others) as such.

Intuition may be a better tool once suppression of volatile emotions has occurred but whether it's reliable or wise will vary considerably from one person to another - diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.....
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:08 pm

Mr.Whitmore wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:Yes I have gut instinct too Mr. Whitmore....and know the difference between that and intuition.  When I am helping others (and my ego takes a back seat), it's not my gut instinct that is operating but my reliable and wise intuition.  There is a real difference.

now im not being mean....but am just saying ok?

so this part in your quote:

my reliable and wise intuition
    to me thats ego.......is it not? Im not saying its wrong either.
    Yes I understand what you say.  A gut instinct is spontaneous but often comes from fear.  Intuition has a different feel to it and occurs when the mind is open/receptive - it has a feeling of rightness about it that the gut instinct often does not.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:14 pm

mac wrote:'ego' is an ever-present part of us ordinary mortals' lives. 

Operating without the involvement of our egos is difficult but at times they may be less in evidence than at others.  Gut instinct reactions may be appropriate for some but not for others - it's down to personalities.  One (wo)man's 'gut instinct' may have more 'higher self' influence than another's but not be recognised by its owner (or others) as such.

Intuition may be a better tool once suppression of volatile emotions has occurred but whether it's reliable or wise will vary considerably from one person to another - diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.....
    Thanks for this.  It sheds light on what is obviously a complex topic. 
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Post  Detlef Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:26 pm

At least intuition comes from your higher self certainly
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:36 pm

Detlef wrote:

At least intuition comes from your higher self certainly
    So you see a connection between intuition and higher self but would not say they are the same thing?  If not, I'd be interested to know how the higher self differs from intuition.
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Post  Detlef Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:40 am

In the same way that the radio signal is not the radio station
    Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Post  Kaere Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:28 am

Detlef wrote:In the same way that the radio signal is not the radio station
    Excellent way to describe it :astar: 
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:43 am

Detlef wrote:In the same way that the radio signal is not the radio station
    Yes I get the analogy, i.e. that intuition enables the higher self....but what then are the distinguishing features of the higher self that makes it different/discernable from intuition?
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:25 pm

O.K.  I feel I now have the answer/closure to this thread for myself.

I have made this same thread on 2 other spiritual forums and there has been agreement, with those who have experienced the higher self  (i.e. get answers from it) that intuition and the higher self are indeed one and the same phenomenon (No-one experiencing the higher self has said that intuition is separate from the higher self). 

Thanks for all your contributions.  I will now unsubscribe to this thread - obviously it's your choice whether or not any of you may wish to post further on this.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 2:07 am