Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
SoulSurge
avianscepter
partofme
7 posters

Past life or power animal?

partofme
    partofme

Female
    Number of posts : 820
    Job/hobbies : spiritual growth, repurposer, gardening...anything creative.
    Registration date : 2013-05-29

Past life or power animal? Empty Past life or power animal?

Post  partofme Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:23 pm

Ive been thinking about this the last few days and inspired to post about it, seeing Frisky's post regarding a cat being hers.

My husband and middle daughter brought a turtle from the river a few weeks ago and we have since adopted it and have it swimming amongst goldfish in our youngest daughters fish tank. We have all become quite attached to it.

Feeling like either I was a turtle in past life or it being my power animal but I can identify with it on every level, or at least with the one article so far. 

Heres a question...
    Does it seem possible that ones power animal is the animal in which they may have been in a past life? :huh:
    Or is this the obvious answer and Im just now catching up.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    partofme
    partofme

Female

Past life or power animal? Empty Re: Past life or power animal?

Post  partofme Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:50 pm

:thanku:
    SoulSurge
    SoulSurge

Female
    Number of posts : 118
    Registration date : 2013-10-12

Post  SoulSurge Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:04 am

Hello, pardon my butting in this topic..  I have felt the same thing, in a way.  I have always been drawn to dogs and I can "speak" to them.  I can get dogs to walk up to me and they let me pet them and I have never been bit by a dog.  I feel I have had a past life as a dog, not a turtle.  I find this interesting that others share this gut feeling!  Again, please forgive me for intruding.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:34 pm

You're not intruding...:asmile: 

We are always interested in other members opinions.

I always believe that animals are very psychic.    Dogs and cats in particular.   
    Probably most other animals too.    

What would you say are the most psychic animals of all?
    SoulSurge
    SoulSurge

Female
    Number of posts : 118
    Registration date : 2013-10-12

Post  SoulSurge Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:09 pm

For me, what I've noticed from having pets all my life, I'm almost 30, but rabbits.  My rabbit was jumping around his cage and was nibbling at my fingers when I was trying to calm him down, then we had a mini Earthquake.  He was having his freak out session for almost a week before the Earthquake.  The other animals were getting scared about 5-10 minutes before it happened.
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male
    Number of posts : 800
    Job/hobbies : Reactivated
    Registration date : 2013-12-02

Post  Thunder Bow Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:40 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:You're not intruding...:asmile: 

Cats are quite psychic, they can see ghosts.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:28 am

Thunder Bow wrote:

Some cats may see spirit individuals, not ghosts.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:50 am

Thunder Bow wrote:

True.
    When my step daughter passed over,our Yorkie was very aware of her.   
    Eyes following something or someone moving around.    Her back arched one day as if someone was stroking her.
    Medicine_Dog
    Medicine_Dog

Male
    Number of posts : 56
    Job/hobbies : Native Medicine
    Registration date : 2013-12-06

Post  Medicine_Dog Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:02 pm

One doesn't have to be their power animal in a past life. Many people can relate to reptiles/amphibians due to the evolution of man, inside every persons brain is a hint of reptile. Our brains evolved from reptiles making them all related to us in some fashion. Think of a power animal as a guide to this knowledge. Turtle medicine eludes to this historic recollection, by seeing all things as related-- then no things are unrelated. We are in a sense, related to the all. 

Reptile>Bird>mammal>Man :flo: 
    partofme wrote:Ive been thinking about this the last few days and inspired to post about it, seeing Frisky's post regarding a cat being hers.

My husband and middle daughter brought a turtle from the river a few weeks ago and we have since adopted it and have it swimming amongst goldfish in our youngest daughters fish tank. We have all become quite attached to it.

Feeling like either I was a turtle in past life or it being my power animal but I can identify with it on every level, or at least with the one article so far. 

Heres a question...
    Does it seem possible that ones power animal is the animal in which they may have been in a past life? :huh:
    partofme
    partofme

Female

Post  partofme Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:10 pm

SoulSurge wrote:Hello, pardon my butting in this topic..  I have felt the same thing, in a way.  I have always been drawn to dogs and I can "speak" to them.  I can get dogs to walk up to me and they let me pet them and I have never been bit by a dog.  I feel I have had a past life as a dog, not a turtle.  I find this interesting that others share this gut feeling!  Again, please forgive me for intruding.

No intrusion at all. Sorry havent seen this until now for some reason...

Life is full of wonders and if we can openly discuss and/or relate it serves as a learning tool in my eyes.
    partofme
    partofme

Female

Post  partofme Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:14 pm

SoulSurge wrote:For me, what I've noticed from having pets all my life, I'm almost 30, but rabbits.  My rabbit was jumping around his cage and was nibbling at my fingers when I was trying to calm him down, then we had a mini Earthquake.  He was having his freak out session for almost a week before the Earthquake.  The other animals were getting scared about 5-10 minutes before it happened.

Rabbits are very sensitively organized animals. 
    partofme
    partofme

Female

Post  partofme Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:18 pm

Thunder Bow wrote:

They see ghosts easier due to the way their eyes are formed. (rods and cones)  They have receptors that span a larger amount of the eye than say, dogs or humans which are more closely related to one another.
    partofme
    partofme

Female

Post  partofme Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:26 pm

Medicine_Dog wrote:One doesn't have to be their power animal in a past life. Many people can relate to reptiles/amphibians due to the evolution of man, inside every persons brain is a hint of reptile. Our brains evolved from reptiles making them all related to us in some fashion. Think of a power animal as a guide to this knowledge. Turtle medicine eludes to this historic recollection, by seeing all things as related-- then no things are unrelated. We are in a sense, related to the all. 

Reptile>Bird>mammal>Man :flo: 
    partofme wrote:Ive been thinking about this the last few days and inspired to post about it, seeing Frisky's post regarding a cat being hers.

Heres a question...

I dont doubt the evolution aspect but its deeper than that for me.  When reading about the turtle, it was on point with just about every aspect of my personality.   Hate to admit, but I resemble a turtle as well.  

:eek:  I guess there are far worse things to look like!  LOL.
    Medicine_Dog
    Medicine_Dog

Male
    Number of posts : 56
    Job/hobbies : Native Medicine
    Registration date : 2013-12-06

Post  Medicine_Dog Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:14 am

I think it's your personal/power totem; but like I said it doesn't "have" to be pertaining to a past life. I'm trying to imagine what a turtle person would look like (I get what your implying) but personally I think any similarities are subjective at best. Do other people "see" you as a turtle too? I doubt it, but then again-- how would you go about telling someone such a thing? 

"Excuse me miss, but you look awfully like a turtle"      :hemade:  :evil1: 

Take the mental medicine and leave the physical attributes to the turtles. Unless of-course you consciously recollect swimming in the rivers and sunning on logs; I wouldn't attribute any of it to a past life..  
     :peace:
    partofme
    partofme

Female

Post  partofme Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:39 pm

Medicine_Dog wrote:I think it's your personal/power totem; but like I said it doesn't "have" to be pertaining to a past life. I'm trying to imagine what a turtle person would look like (I get what your implying) but personally I think any similarities are subjective at best. Do other people "see" you as a turtle too? I doubt it, but then again-- how would you go about telling someone such a thing? 

"Excuse me miss, but you look awfully like a turtle"      :hemade:  :evil1: 

Take the mental medicine and leave the physical attributes to the turtles. Unless of-course you consciously recollect swimming in the rivers and sunning on logs; I wouldn't attribute any of it to a past life..  
     :peace:

We shall not go into all the details.... :eyeroll: No river swimming or sunning myself on a rock dreams, LOL  but thanks for your reply.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:45 pm