Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Real or Not?

1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Real or Not? Empty Real or Not?

Post  1antique Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:58 am

As with any religion/spiritual activity, there are those who are real and those who are frauds there just to take your money. Regrettably, this is seen more often than not, causing doubt to be cast on those with a real gift. A good example of this is telephone/online/television psychics. These people are trained to draw clues out of people in order to pass along ambiguous readings that are just accurate enough to sound plausable without any benefit to those being read.

What are your opinions/thoughts/experiences with this?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Real or Not? Empty Re: Real or Not?

Post  Violet Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:12 am

Hi Allen, I think it's important to remember that good mediums can have off days, people should know and accept that, so if they do get a reading which isn't so good not to go away disappointed and assume they have seen a bad medium, or worse that all mediums are rubbish. I just felt I had to point that out.
    Those kinds of mediums who charge extortionate amounts of money disgust me to be honest, if you do it for a living fine, charge, but don't do it to make a life of luxury, that smacks of blood money imo.
    There are frauds out there just as there are in all kinds of work, and they do give good mediums a bad name, i'd always recommend seeing someone who you have heard about, word of mouth is the best advertisement there is, oh and the only ones benefitting from those places you mention is the company behind them (in a lot of cases, as some of them ARE good and genuine and trying to earn a honest living.)

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:20 am

I agree totally with you on this, violet. I know there are many very talented psychics out there (you included) who honestly want to help others. What irritates me are the ones that do nothing but pretend to be psychic to get rich. It is no different than these tele-evangelists who get in front of the cameras begging for money to carry on their crusade, and then all the money goes in their pockets.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:53 am

Hi Allen,
    Those types really annoy me, when choosing a medium to go for a reading myself i'd choose the quiet,relatively unknown soul who lives in a quiet back street somewhere who just asks a few of pounds to top up her weekly income, over someone with their name in lights everytime.
    I find those people more genuine and they do it out of love rather than a love of money and i've had some of my best readings from such people.
    There are some exceptionally gifted mediums who charge ridiculous amounts of money and in my mind it's an abuse of their gift, imo a gift should be shared, not sold for profit to the highest bidder.

Just out of interest what are your thoughts on charging for healing, personally I couldn't, there have been times we have been desperately short of money, but I believe if you work for spirit they do look after you, money or not we have never gone hungry.

1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:22 pm

I believe a gift should be shared....not sold. It does not matter if that gift is one of healing, empathy, cognition, or whatever. These gifts are freely given by Spirit to be shared with all in order to bring more Light into the world. Selling these gifts does nothing more than to debase them. This is not to say that a person cannot accept freely given donations for what they do in order to make ends meet...that is merely accepting a gift for giving a gift. But, I feel that having a sign up saying ' donations accepted', or something similar is no different than asking for the money straight out...it puts the same obligation on the other person.

Just as Spirit has freely given these gifts to those who are deemed worthy, they should be freely given to those who are in need.

Yes, violet....Spirit will ALWAYS provide for the needs of those who walk in the Light.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:14 pm

We think very similarly Allen......great minds and all that :yeeess: though I hadn't thought about donations in that way before.
    I went into a shop once and they were selling badges for some charity or another and on the box they were in it asked a donation for a badge, I was about to put 50p in for one when I was stopped by the shopkeeper saying the minimum donation was a pound, I didn't have a pound so they didn't get my money, :scratch: I know the badges cost to make but even so it felt wrong.

Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female
    Number of posts : 541
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

Post  Carolyn Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:41 am

I don't know about other telephone or online psychics, but being as the majority of my clients have been people who live far away, this is one media I have used quite a bit in the last 15 years. I keep in touch with every one I have ever read for before and ask them how things are to get feedback, and based on that I am 90+% accurate, ranging on the much higher end during times when I was pregnant or had cervical cancer (high hormones). I did used to accept money for readings in the beginning but right away knew that was
    wrong. I guess it was a learning experience I had to go through. My grandmother was a fortune teller for years when she was young (between
    16 and 26), so I figured I would give it a try. She worked with ectoplasm, crystals, runes, interpreted dreams, and read palms and tea
    leaves. She wasn't a fake either, yet she had no conflict in her conscious with the concept of getting paid. But the money wasn't meant
    for me. Everyones feelings are different though, we have to remember we come from all kinds of different backgrounds. For years, I enjoyed the freedom of doing it for free and of using the phone and internet. What do you call searching for clues? Because when I am doing a reading I am giving what I see in the form of a question. Like "I'm being shown a red parrot in the hand of your grandpa and he is almost laughing. Does that make any sense in reference to your grandma? Did she have a red parrot?" (In that case no, she was the red parrot. She came across this way because in her life she was chatty and vibrant like the parrot). Deceased people and animals have always used images, songs, anything I have seen, heard, read about, smelled or felt in order to relay messages in the form of symbolism. The game (which I love) is finding out what the clues I get represent.

I wanted to add that the percentage of fakes out there is probably pretty low. They may bea few rich and well known fakes while there are unknown masses of authentic helpful people. This may add to the illusion that there are way more of them out there trying to take your money.

Last edited by czardoust on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:00 am

I wanted to add that the percentage of fakes out there is probably pretty low. They may bea few rich and well known fakes while there are unknown masses of authentic helpful people. This may add to the illusion that there are way more of them out there trying to take your money.

This is it, the famous fakes give the countless and genuine 'unknowns' a bad name, I think for every bad famous one there are hundreds of unknowns working quietly away bringing a lot of comfort to the masses.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:44 pm