Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
ameliorate
Violet
6 posters

Is it human nature to fight?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Is it human nature to fight? Empty Is it human nature to fight?

Post  Violet Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:11 pm

I'm not talking about fighting for things we need or in defence of ourselves or loved ones, but more about fighting for greed such as over wills and things what are your thoughts, what turns perfectly reasonable people into battling vultures?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Is it human nature to fight? Empty Re: Is it human nature to fight?

Post  ameliorate Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:10 pm

Well my siblings are in this situation, i.e. no longer talking to each other due to disputing my mum's will (who gets what amount of money) .... and she is still alive!

'What turns perfectly reasonable people into battling vultures?'  Well, you already answered that - greed for money.  It shows a very revealing and ugly side of people.  They are still squabbling - been a year now.  I am caught in the middle having to listen to their blatant hatred of each other.It has torn apart the family unit, i.e. no more family celebrations.  

The way I see it, they are a product of a materialistic/consumer society which places a high value on money = status.  Sad, shallow and ultimately only temporarily satisfying since there is always something else they want.  I am so glad that I am not materialistic.  
    mayflow
    mayflow

Number of posts : 894
    Job/hobbies : Electronics, RF energy, test equipment
    Registration date : 2013-12-03

Post  mayflow Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:23 pm

Wrong thinking does that. Greed, Jealousy, Fear, small thinking.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:38 pm

Ultimately it's all about bolstering the ego.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:47 pm

Violet wrote:I'm not talking about fighting for things we need or in defence of ourselves or loved ones, but more about fighting for greed such as over wills and things what are your thoughts, what turns perfectly reasonable people into battling vultures?
    We appear to be hard-wired for a number of scenarios and survival - by any means - is one of them. 

Perhaps perceived greed is simply a survival mechanism for building up reserves to weather the lean times?  Just as wild animals gorge to excess so they have the reserves to survive when times get even tougher...

Maybe those we often despise are displaying the 'survival-of-the fittest' characteristics which will carry them through too?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:08 am

Hi guys I heard today about a family who were fighting only two hours after their relative had died (which prompted this topic)

I remember you posting about that Ameliorate, to us it is shocking behaviour but it seems to happen in families you wouldn't expect it to, and more frequently than you'd expect it to, that's why I was wondering if it went a bit deeper than greed, Macs comments highlight this really well and that might be why it seems to be heard of more and more frequently

mayflow
    mayflow

Number of posts : 894
    Job/hobbies : Electronics, RF energy, test equipment
    Registration date : 2013-12-03

Post  mayflow Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:14 am

You know, if a relative or someone I know dies, I may write a personal poem just for them, and I will in my imagination wish them well on their new journey, but I sure am not going to care if they left me money or possessions, for to me those things pale compared to the mind and spirit of the being. This is not about my ego either as my ego completely agrees with me in this.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:22 am

I certainly don't care about receiving anything either, money or possessions.

partofme
    partofme

Female
    Number of posts : 820
    Job/hobbies : spiritual growth, repurposer, gardening...anything creative.
    Registration date : 2013-05-29

Post  partofme Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:23 pm

Fighting for recognition comes to mind.... 

This will hopefully be one battle that I will never have to endure.  All my family are poor.   :giggles: 

I have said to my mother many a time...the only things that are of value to me are those that were of value to you.  All of her stinky perfumes, some of her chachkies that most normal people would toss in the trash, I want. Those are my mother. They are what made her, her.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:02 pm