Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Mediumship and Depression

Rfrost_
    Rfrost_

Female
    Number of posts : 145
    Job/hobbies : My hobbies and areas of interest are Spirituality, New Age, Eastern Medicine, Shamanism, Healing, Arts and Creativity, Animals, Health and Fitness, Music (mainly hardcore stuff), Media (same), and trying/learning new things.
    Registration date : 2014-03-01

Mediumship and Depression Empty Mediumship and Depression

Post  Rfrost_ Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:51 am

Is it common for mediums to get/have depression?
    Or just moments where you feel severely depressed?

I have been really struggling with it.
    Some of the visions I have had, have been really hard for me to cope with.

I see this as a gift, but the sadness is so hard to deal with sometimes.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Mediumship and Depression Empty Re: Mediumship and Depression

Post  mac Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:24 am

Is this depression because of your mediumship or is it depression like the rest of us can experience?  Have you spoken to your GP?  Mediumship shouldn't be leaving you feeling depressed or overwhelmed by sadness and if it is perhaps you should consider what you're doing - there's no requirement to be a slave to whatever is happening to you.

I don't know what you mean by "visions" but perhaps you should look at what they represent, why you're getting them and what they mean? The help of an experienced medium might also be useful.

I hesitate to say the following (after strong reactions from another member when I said something similar) but you're a young adult with all the pressures that brings.  That's no different from other adults and maybe you need to look after yourself and concentrate on your own life more?  

The world of the spirit will always be there and you could get involved with spiritual issues when you're a little older.
    Rfrost_
    Rfrost_

Female
    Job/hobbies : My hobbies and areas of interest are Spirituality, New Age, Eastern Medicine, Shamanism, Healing, Arts and Creativity, Animals, Health and Fitness, Music (mainly hardcore stuff), Media (same), and trying/learning new things.

Post  Rfrost_ Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:01 am

mac wrote:Is this depression because of your mediumship or is it depression like the rest of us can experience?  Have you spoken to your GP?  Mediumship shouldn't be leaving you feeling depressed or overwhelmed by sadness and if it is perhaps you should consider what you're doing - there's no requirement to be a slave to whatever is happening to you.

I don't know what you mean by "visions" but perhaps you should look at what they represent, why you're getting them and what they mean? The help of an experienced medium might also be useful.

I hesitate to say the following (after strong reactions from another member when I said something similar) but you're a young adult with all the pressures that brings.  That's no different from other adults and maybe you need to look after yourself and concentrate on your own life more?  

The world of the spirit will always be there and you could get involved with spiritual issues when you're a little older.

It feels different to me because it seems to be in relation to spirituality.
    No only is it a physical and emotional depression, but it is also a spiritual depression.
    I have a psychiatrist. =)
    I am seeing him later on this week.

Yes, I am looking for a psychic medium to help me with these visions.
    Well being young certainly doesn't help with this either.

Its too late for me to "turn it off".
    I've been dealing with spirituality since I was 13-14.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:16 am

Rfrost_ wrote:
    mac wrote:Is this depression because of your mediumship or is it depression like the rest of us can experience?  Have you spoken to your GP?  Mediumship shouldn't be leaving you feeling depressed or overwhelmed by sadness and if it is perhaps you should consider what you're doing - there's no requirement to be a slave to whatever is happening to you.

It feels different to me because it seems to be in relation to spirituality.
    No only is it a physical and emotional depression, but it is also a spiritual depression.
    I have a psychiatrist. =)
    I am seeing him later on this week.

Yes, I am looking for a psychic medium to help me with these visions.
    Well being young certainly doesn't help with this either.

Its too late for me to "turn it off".
    I've been dealing with spirituality since I was 13-14.
    It's NEVER too late to learn to turn it off but as you've been struggling with it so long you definitely need help from someone experienced to teach you how.  It's very unfortunate that you're in the US because there are few resources available here. 

You haven't said how long you've been seeing your psychiatrist, and it's not my business, but that help is needed first in my view for as long as it takes.  If you can get some effective help for your psychological/emotional problems the spiritual aspects may eventually look different. 

Right now it seems to me you can't sort one from the other...

Last edited by mac on Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    mac

Male

Post  mac Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:20 am

I'm having to guess here but it sounds like you're psychically aware of events in a close-by dimension and they're what are troubling you.  Am I anywhere close?
    Rfrost_
    Rfrost_

Female

Post  Rfrost_ Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:10 am

Yes, you are very much correct on that!
    Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  Auras Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:21 pm

I believe it is to do with mediumship, As what I have heard, mediums tend to have a rough childhood.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:04 pm

Rfrost_ wrote:Is it common for mediums to get/have depression?
    Or just moments where you feel severely depressed?

I have been really struggling with it.
    Some of the visions I have had, have been really hard for me to cope with.

I see this as a gift, but the sadness is so hard to deal with sometimes.

I think to better answer this you would have to be more concise with what you are stating. Are you, as a medium, being depressed from what you are getting from spirit? Such as a message/vision/impression, or are you getting random out of the blue moments of depression.

If the message(s) from spirit are causing you to be depressed. Is it the context of the message, or is it working with spirit making you depressed? If it's the message itself, perhaps learning to detach yourself from the message itself can help keep depression away. If working with spirit is causing the depression itself, then perhaps shielding and grounding techniques can help with that.

Outside of that with spirit and energy itself it could be an empathic thing where you are taking on the depression of others and feeling like it's yours when it is not so..

That said, like Mac said it is always best to speak with a GP about such matters in case there may have been an underlying issue that you weren't aware of, that could become more serious if not treated. Always best to rule everything out.
    Rfrost_
    Rfrost_

Female

Post  Rfrost_ Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:13 pm

I get depressed because some of the visions I have had/seen bother me.
    Its not necessarily the spirit beings that depress me, it is what I see that depresses me.
    I've tried to detach from the message, but it keeps coming back to me over and over again, so I see it as something that is important.

I do not think seeing a Doctor is a good idea in this situation.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:51 pm

So it is the messages themselves that are bringing you depression? If closing down to spirit is not an option to prevent these messages from happening, it would be then a good thing to seek out the counsel of others on the messages to help you with them. Like speaking to another medium or visiting a spiritualist church. You could also talk about them on forums, or privately with someone if you are not comfortable. I am a medium and you are more than welcome to private message me if you choose to.

Another thing that helps in these situations is building a tougher skin. It helps soften the blow of said things and helps in life as well. As well, the world can be a nasty mean place at times. And being "tough skinned" helps to allow more of it to roll off of you so it does not affect you.

Outside of that, I do feel for you. As depression is not fun no matter where it comes from. I have battled it many a time before, and know its pains all too well.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:03 pm

I know what depression is and what it feels like.
    PM me,RFrost.....
    mac

Male

Post  mac Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:27 pm

Rfrost_ wrote:I get depressed because some of the visions I have had/seen bother me.
    Its not necessarily the spirit beings that depress me, it is what I see that depresses me.
    I've tried to detach from the message, but it keeps coming back to me over and over again, so I see it as something that is important.

From what I've heard about depression this is often what sufferers say....  Only you can decide though.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:08 am

Rfrost_ wrote:I get depressed because some of the visions I have had/seen bother me.

Another thing to add, and is a good reason to talk with a trained professional. Is in uncovering whether the visions are spirit visions, or if what you are seeing is manifestations that you create inadvertently. Like when a person that has anxiety for instance can project their fears into what they see will happen. When the reality is not the actual truth.

Or on the up chance that the visions you get are from perhaps a spirit that is not positive.

As they say with readings if it doesn't resonate with you, or doesn't sit right with you. Discard it.
    Rfrost_
    Rfrost_

Female

Post  Rfrost_ Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:47 am

I had been seeing a professional for a while, but they are out of town and are going to be for quite some time.
    I did a reading with them and a lot of what they said was right and correlated to a lot of the visions I have had.
    So, hm. =/

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:04 pm