Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Crystal
Detlef
Violet
7 posters

Why does it sometimes take so long?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Why does it sometimes take so long? Empty Why does it sometimes take so long?

Post  Violet Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:19 am

For a passed loved one to come through? Some say because they need time to 'recover' and 'heal' on the other side and yet i've had a non believer who was very ill through 3 days after they passed and before they were even cremated, whereas a big believer has never yet been through though we talked often back then about sending signs and such :huh:  What are your thoughts on this?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Why does it sometimes take so long? Empty Re: Why does it sometimes take so long?

Post  Detlef Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:20 am

It has very little to do with what we belief in, but rather where we are and how we cross over.
    If someone goes strait to the astral, you will not connect to this entity for a wile and only if s/he chooses to.
    If someone chooses to hang around those s/he is and was close to, you can connect almost immediately.
    If someone crosses over highly distorted, you will not connect to this entity until the distortion has gone.
    There are many more variables, to many to mention.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Why does it sometimes take so long? Empty Re: Why does it sometimes take so long?

Post  Crystal Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:19 am

Violet wrote:For a passed loved one to come through?  Some say because they need time to 'recover'  and 'heal' on the other side
    I think these are very often excuses for poor mediumship?

yet i've had a non believer who was very ill through  3 days after they passed and before they were even cremated, whereas a big believer has never yet been through though we talked often back then about sending signs and such :huh:   What are your thoughts on this?
    Many different scenarios and reasons, but I find that it can be the motive and intent behind the contact that counts. Some people need the contact, others don't.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:52 am

Now there's a thought.  Slightly off topic.. :blush: 

How does cremation affect the spirit leaving the body or have they left by this time?
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Post  Detlef Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:51 am

SpiritVoices wrote:Now there's a thought.  Slightly off topic.. :blush: 

How does cremation affect the spirit leaving the body or have they left by this time?

Sure they have left by then. But there might be a different angle. I was told, in Asia, in particular in Thailand, if someone dies in an accident they bury the person first, I think for two years and then they burn the body, where usually they burn all bodies.
    In my thinking, if the body is burned, the spirit is less likely attached to anything.  So I thought, if they bury the body for two years, this would give the spirit time to come to terms with his or her death.
    To have a ritual at the accident site is simply to give the one who died in the accident a connection point. A chance to connect with his friends and s/he can follow them, and does not get lost.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:30 am

Crystal wrote:
    Violet wrote:For a passed loved one to come through?  Some say because they need time to 'recover'  and 'heal' on the other side
    I think these are very often excuses for poor mediumship?

Mediumship is a two-way process.  If the communicator can't carry out her/his side as effectively as necessary then no matter how effective the medium may be at other times, a particular communication may fail.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:38 pm

Detlef wrote:

Sure they have left by then. But there might be a different angle. I was told, in Asia, in particular in Thailand, if someone dies in an accident they bury the person first, I think for two years and then they burn the body, where usually they burn all bodies.
    In my thinking, if the body is burned, the spirit is less likely attached to anything.  So I thought, if they bury the body for two years, this would give the spirit time to come to terms with his or her death.
    To have a ritual at the accident site is simply to give the one who died in the accident a connection point. A chance to connect with his friends and s/he can follow them, and does not get lost.
    You know that makes sense,Detlef.
    Didn't realise the different ways of funerals in different countries.
    Don't like the idea of burying bodies for two years but does make sense.
    But understand the meaning of why they do it....

The Indians I believe bury their dead wrapped in a white cloth,no coffin.
    So many traditions in different countries,also like the meaning of giving the spirit the chance to reconnect with those we know...
    I would feel safe knowing that my family were there waiting for me...
    Thank you,Detlef,an interesting explanation.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:26 pm

Violet wrote:For a passed loved one to come through?  Some say because they need time to 'recover'  and 'heal' on the other side and yet i've had a non believer who was very ill through  3 days after they passed and before they were even cremated, whereas a big believer has never yet been through though we talked often back then about sending signs and such :huh:   What are your thoughts on this?
    Perhaps with some people it depends on the expectations of an individual person and their religious upbringing, or their particular culture, which is likely to bear some impact on their life in the next world. For example: I can understand how some adherents of Orthodox religion may need time to recover in so much they believed they would sleep until Judgement day.

Perhaps some people in the afterlife are not interested in communicating, because they know their loved ones know that life is continous and the need for communication is to them on both sides is unnecessary.

I don't feel there's a one answer to this question, which is asked often over time. I don't see any one answer as being 'correct' both today or in the foreseeable future. 

On one hand, much like you, Violet, I have had people come through who were seriously ill. One person came through before anyone had been notified of their death. On the other hand, nothing but silence. 

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:07 pm

I had one very strong connection with my husband two weeks after he passed.
    Have seen him once but nothing since then apart from a few messages from a friend....
    A dream giving me information in the form of pictures....
    RavenMoon
    RavenMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 585
    Job/hobbies : fulltime and lots of interests
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  RavenMoon Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:52 am

Maybe some dont come through because they have moved on to another spirit level or reincarnated  back to human form...   :love:
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:08 pm

RavenMoon wrote:Maybe some dont come through because they have moved on to another spirit level or reincarnated  back to human form...   :love:

Can't see my Ken being pleased about coming back here.....lol Can you?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:20 am

Detlef wrote:

To some talking about death, funerals and all the different traditions and beliefs around the world about those may come across as morbid but I find it fascinating, idf there's enough interest on this subject it would make a good thread?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:39 am

Violet wrote:
    Detlef wrote:

To some talking about death, funerals and all the different traditions and beliefs around the world about those may come across as morbid but I find it fascinating, idf there's enough interest on this subject it would make a good thread?

Interesting topic,Violet or would make an interesting topic.
    I've always been interested in different forms of funerals from other countries.
    Any one willing to give their experiences of a completely difference funeral from where they live.
    (New topic?)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:01 pm