Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Knight of Albion
SpiritVoices
skye
Native spirit
mac
Thunder Bow
Earthealer
Crystal
Aqua
1antique
Violet
15 posters

Arguments in the forum

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Arguments in the forum - Page 2 Empty Arguments in the forum

Post  Violet Mon May 11, 2015 12:39 am

First topic message reminder :

Yet again new members are being driven away, so I am now banning personal arguing, if you have LEGITIMATE complaints about other members then you should contact me, privately. I cannot be here 24 hours a day so please be patient if I don't get back to you straight away. When I get time I will be removing offensive posts, I hoped being relaxed here would make for a more pleasant atmosphere for all, it is obviously not working out that way.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Arguments in the forum - Page 2 Empty Re: Arguments in the forum

Post  mac Thu May 14, 2015 11:00 am

SpiritVoices wrote:
    mac wrote:
    Earthealer wrote:Aha okay mac... now I understand, thank ya for clarifying it. sometimes those old expressions surface everywhere lol 

:giggles:
    The older ones probably use the older ones....  And I'm now one of the older ones!
    No Mac!  You're still a wee boy!.........stay that way,my friend....

Joanie x
    I wish it were how I felt, Joanie.  I know that at 68 I'm not the oldest here but compared with how I felt when I began writing online a dozen years ago things are very different.  My approach has altered to a large degree, aspects of my understanding are now different and my body ain't what it used to be either!  My 10K running time has slowed down to more of a casual jog.  Gettin' old sucks!
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Thu May 14, 2015 3:21 pm

If you feel old,Mac you will be old....you have kept many a forum going with your posts and interesting remarks....( :blush:)  don't stop for God's sake or we'll all give up!

Joanie xxx :tong:
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male
    Number of posts : 800
    Job/hobbies : Reactivated
    Registration date : 2013-12-02

Post  Thunder Bow Thu May 14, 2015 4:57 pm

..."The style of writing/presentation may well tell something about the writer but so what?  Few can express themselves well in words hence the picture gained isn't a whole picture anyway.  My preference is to debate the points in the posting and not concern myself with who wrote them"....

I put all together, subject, style, and graphics. So I concern myself with who wrote the topic as well. Because motive and intent is the main reason why one posts a thread in the first place. Thus I will consider the writer, topic, and how the method of posting shows intent and motive. As In most Human communication, the process is more important than the content.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu May 14, 2015 7:29 pm

Thunder Bow wrote:..."The style of writing/presentation may well tell something about the writer but so what?  Few can express themselves well in words hence the picture gained isn't a whole picture anyway.  My preference is to debate the points in the posting and not concern myself with who wrote them"....

I put all together, subject, style, and graphics. So I concern myself with who wrote the topic as well. Because motive and intent is the main reason why one posts a thread in the first place. Thus I will consider the writer, topic, and how the method of posting shows intent and motive. As In most Human communication, the process is more important than the content.
    Then I hope we can both accept that we approach matters in individual ways. I'm comfortable with our differences and I hope you are too.  :hugz:
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu May 14, 2015 7:34 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:If you feel old,Mac you will be old....you have kept many a forum going with your posts and interesting remarks....( :blush:)  don't stop for God's sake or we'll all give up!

Joanie xxx :tong:
    Perhaps we feel the approach of old age as we recognise significant changes in our personalities?  We feel old because we are old and not the other way round....

I hope I'll have a few more years before I stop expressing my thoughts but who knows?
    Knight of Albion
    Knight of Albion

Male
    Number of posts : 568
    Registration date : 2013-12-18

Post  Knight of Albion Thu May 14, 2015 9:14 pm

1antique wrote:
    Native Spirit wrote: wrote:What i see are difference of opinions im being honest i dont like that air just posts and leaves he doesnt interact with anyone,he is ignorant,
    he is preaching if i wanted to hear preachimg i would go to chapel or church  i dont because im not interested.
    if he interacted it wouldnt be so bad.but he is not interested,and i find that rude he is using the forums as his pulpit. we have strong people here each with our own way,but i do agree with a lot that Thunder Bow says

If the 3 of you are so uninterested in what Air Thoughts posts, then why are you constantly in the threads? If I was uninterested in what someone was posting, I just would not click on the thread. But, the three of you are going out of your way just to degrade this member....i.e. calling Air Thoughts ignorant. 

My best thought: Again, if you don't like what this member is posting, don't click on their thread.

Well said.
    Knight of Albion
    Knight of Albion

Male

Post  Knight of Albion Thu May 14, 2015 9:35 pm

I must admit I've not been here much of late. Not many threads engage with me if I'm honest.

But this thread caught my eye. I was going to just leave it, but then I thought, no.

I'd not even heard of Air Thoughts, or read any of their threads, but after investigating, my take is this ..

Air has been the victim of harassment and bullying. 

They use larger size text, so what? Maybe they have an eyesight problem?  
    Either way it's easier to read and I see no problem with it. I certainly have no problem with it.

In recent times, dear Joanie, bless her heart, had been lamenting that nobody was posting new threads to keep the forum going. 
    Now we have someone being attacked for posting too many threads!

Is there an 'Ignore' option on here? If not, there should be. Then certain people can use it to block out anyone they object to.
    And maybe that would dissipate the bad atmosphere currently polluting the forum....

1antique: My respect to you for your stance.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu May 14, 2015 11:35 pm

There's no real need for an 'Ignore' button because it's easy enough to do provided the individual is willing...
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Fri May 15, 2015 4:37 am

Thank you, Knight
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male

Post  Thunder Bow Fri May 15, 2015 4:34 pm

Knight of Albion wrote:
    1antique wrote:
    Native Spirit wrote: wrote:What i see are difference of opinions im being honest i dont like that air just posts and leaves he doesnt interact with anyone,he is ignorant,
    he is preaching if i wanted to hear preachimg i would go to chapel or church  i dont because im not interested.
    if he interacted it wouldnt be so bad.but he is not interested,and i find that rude he is using the forums as his pulpit. we have strong people here each with our own way,but i do agree with a lot that Thunder Bow says

If the 3 of you are so uninterested in what Air Thoughts posts, then why are you constantly in the threads? If I was uninterested in what someone was posting, I just would not click on the thread. But, the three of you are going out of your way just to degrade this member....i.e. calling Air Thoughts ignorant. 

My best thought: Again, if you don't like what this member is posting, don't click on their thread.

Well said.

Where do you see any of us say we are "uninterested" in AIR Threads? It was stated she was uninterested in Preaching such as in a church. None of us said we were uninterested in his threads. All you want, is to keep objectors out of his threads. Why do you want us out? Is it just a Control issue? She stated why she felt AIR was ignorant. This not quite as low as name calling and personal degradation.
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male

Post  Thunder Bow Fri May 15, 2015 4:47 pm

Knight of Albion wrote:I must admit I've not been here much of late. Not many threads engage with me if I'm honest.

But this thread caught my eye. I was going to just leave it, but then I thought, no.

I'd not even heard of Air Thoughts, or read any of their threads, but after investigating, my take is this ..

Air has been the victim of harassment and bullying. 

They use larger size text, so what? Maybe they have an eyesight problem?  
    Either way it's easier to read and I see no problem with it. I certainly have no problem with it.

In recent times, dear Joanie, bless her heart, had been lamenting that nobody was posting new threads to keep the forum going. 
    Now we have someone being attacked for posting too many threads!

Is there an 'Ignore' option on here? If not, there should be. Then certain people can use it to block out anyone they object to.
    And maybe that would dissipate the bad atmosphere currently polluting the forum....

1antique: My respect to you for your stance.

Welcome Back! :si:

Feel free to take part in our debate about AIR and his threads! But let us keep this civil. Please try to keep this debate from becoming to Personal. I see the energy of this debate brought you back in, thus this debate is good. I do not think this energy is "Bad". Let us debate so we can learn from each other. But let us avoid any personal attacks. Saying ones posts are dominating a sub-forum or that a member is just spamming is not a personal attack. But is does get more personal, when one member tells another member not to post on a certain Thread.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Fri May 15, 2015 5:03 pm

I was just wondering, who is the third person of the 3 ? Is it me? If not who is it.. sounds rather secretive to me and if it is me then I wanted to ask why and if not me then I wanted to ask why not and is it 4?
    reikistar
    reikistar

Number of posts : 70
    Job/hobbies : Reading (fiction and non fiction), blogging, nature watching, dogs, meditation, dreams, reiki and self development.
    Registration date : 2015-05-10

Post  reikistar Sun May 17, 2015 11:46 am

Hi, I've just found this thread. 

I don't particularly mind what Air posts as I find most of them interesting and I'm happy to share my thoughts. I understand the frustration that he doesn't engage much in what he writes and how this style can come across as preaching, but I guess that's not really an issue for me per se. What I do find upsetting is the argument on the Choices and circumstances thread in the Spiritual Discussion forum because it's petty and pointless and makes me feel really uncomfortable. It's a real shame to read that sort of thing on such a lovely forum. I appreciate I've left a message on there but it just really got to me. I can't understand why people with concerns don't just contact admin rather than relentlessly attack members.

Reikistar
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Sun May 17, 2015 5:56 pm

Violet has been apprised of this situation. In fact, the first pm to her about this was a month ago. There are things going on that precludes her from being in the site much right now. In fact, she struggles with even getting in here once a week.

I agree that this argument is petty, but according to the rules of the forum, and what the site owner has stated, there is nothing wrong with Air Thoughts posts. But, certain members seem to have a vendetta against Air Thoughts that has been carried over from another forum and are attacking this member here.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sun May 17, 2015 6:38 pm

As an aside to this pretty tasteless and pointless wrangle between two members - as I view the picture - I was once banned from a website for doing something very similar to what the two members here have been doing. 

I was told there that I must not moderate my favourite discussion forum.  (although I couldn't actually carry out any real moderation) I was also told that was the role of the forum moderator and all my concerns should be referred to her.  

It's a similar situation here and in a similar way it's ONLY the moderator's right to intervene.  Neither of the two members involved should be doing what they've been doing as it's not their role.  If individual members are concerned about the behaviour of other members those concerns should be referred to Violet. 

If Violet is concerned about the situation, she will do what she feels is best.
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male

Arguments in the forum - Page 2 Empty My Solution to AIR Thoughts Wars.

Post  Thunder Bow Sun May 17, 2015 9:20 pm

1antique wrote:Violet has been apprised of this situation. In fact, the first pm to her about this was a month ago. There are things going on that precludes her from being in the site much right now. In fact, she struggles with even getting in here once a week.

I agree that this argument is petty, but according to the rules of the forum, and what the site owner has stated, there is nothing wrong with Air Thoughts posts. But, certain members seem to have a vendetta against Air Thoughts that has been carried over from another forum and are attacking this member here.

If you want to stand this down, how about moving and posting AIR threads in the Religious Paths sub-forum. His/your posts and preaching fits that sub-forum better. Also it would be more of an honest way to post. Putting his posts here is a thin cover up to hide Preaching. If you move them over there, I will not be objecting. If you can not move them, then have him post all future Threads under the Religious Paths forum.

That being a more honest approach, I will have no need to object to posts in the right sub-forum. He/you can preach all you like, and members will know what they are getting into. Thus I will have no interest in AIR or you. Now I presented a reasonable solution this so called petty arguments, with out attacking you personally. Can you propose a solution without attacking me personally?? :meditating:
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Sun May 17, 2015 10:27 pm

Couldn't agree more Thunder Bow

Namaste
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Mon May 18, 2015 12:14 am

I agree Air Thought's threads should be moved to another forum, this is a discussion forum and as Air refuses to discuss any further points about what he has posted, it seems pointless to post them here. Aside to this I accept Air has the choice in whether to contribute or not, and I am not suggesting he or anyone else has to reply simply because they post.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Mon May 18, 2015 8:04 am

skye wrote:I agree Air Thought's threads should be moved to another forum, this is a discussion forum and as Air refuses to discuss any further points about what he has posted, it seems pointless to post them here. Aside to this I accept Air has the choice in whether to contribute or not, and I am not suggesting he or anyone else has to reply simply because they post.
    good point with a sensible suggestion for Violet's consideration
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Mon May 18, 2015 12:12 pm

mac wrote:
    skye wrote:I agree Air Thought's threads should be moved to another forum, this is a discussion forum and as Air refuses to discuss any further points about what he has posted, it seems pointless to post them here. Aside to this I accept Air has the choice in whether to contribute or not, and I am not suggesting he or anyone else has to reply simply because they post.
    good point with a sensible suggestion for Violet's consideration
    Thanks mac. Hopefully Violet will be able to pop in asap to consider making such changes.
    Knight of Albion
    Knight of Albion

Male

Post  Knight of Albion Mon May 18, 2015 5:31 pm

And this is a spiritual forum?

I haven't got any argument with anyone here, but I don't like to see anyone being ganged up on.
    It's like being back in the play ground at primary school!

Count me out.
    reikistar
    reikistar

Number of posts : 70
    Job/hobbies : Reading (fiction and non fiction), blogging, nature watching, dogs, meditation, dreams, reiki and self development.
    Registration date : 2015-05-10

Post  reikistar Mon May 18, 2015 6:12 pm

I'm with you Knight of Albion. Personally I don't see what the problem with Air's posts are. If peeps don't like them, don't read them.

It's just sad that people have arguments all over threads when an issue can be sorted out by contacting admin. I know some people thrive on drama and conflict (not assuming that's the case here) but it is really uncomfortable for others to witness and not very respectful to the forum. 

I do hope this gets sorted for the good of everyone.

Blessings

Reikistar
    mac

Male

Post  mac Mon May 18, 2015 8:08 pm

Knight of Albion wrote:And this is a spiritual forum?

I haven't got any argument with anyone here, but I don't like to see anyone being ganged up on.
    It's like being back in the play ground at primary school!

Count me out.
    I haven't seen anyone being ganged up on.  And given the small number of active website members it would be pretty hard to even form a gang.  :happy:
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male

Post  Thunder Bow Mon May 18, 2015 8:33 pm

Right now, we have an forum that has no Moderation. Violet seems to be very ill and is unable at this time to access this forum. I encourage all to stand down on personal attacks and personal accusations. We should refrain from PMing Violet until she is well again. I hate to see her coming back to a pile nasty PMs. 

I put forth a sensible solution to AIRs posts. I hope he acts on it. If he does, all this conflict will be over. Right now we need to self moderate this forum, and keep all personal accusations off the forum until Violet is healthy again.
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Mon May 18, 2015 8:37 pm

That sounds reasonable to me. No more complaining about Air Thoughts posts and I will not respond to those complaints. Violet can sort it out when she is well again.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:23 am