Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Knight of Albion
SpiritVoices
skye
Native spirit
mac
Thunder Bow
Earthealer
Crystal
Aqua
1antique
Violet
15 posters

Arguments in the forum

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Arguments in the forum - Page 3 Empty Arguments in the forum

Post  Violet Mon May 11, 2015 12:39 am

First topic message reminder :

Yet again new members are being driven away, so I am now banning personal arguing, if you have LEGITIMATE complaints about other members then you should contact me, privately. I cannot be here 24 hours a day so please be patient if I don't get back to you straight away. When I get time I will be removing offensive posts, I hoped being relaxed here would make for a more pleasant atmosphere for all, it is obviously not working out that way.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    PassionOfHybrid

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2015-05-16

Arguments in the forum - Page 3 Empty Re: Arguments in the forum

Post  PassionOfHybrid Mon May 18, 2015 9:53 pm

Bullying?

Perhaps,maybe, some people are getting their point of view shot down, unprepared to defend it, and call that "bullying".Or, when some people have others disagree with them, they feel offended...because they lack security within their own belief, and they get ticked off or feel "bullied" because they cannot handle it. Also, some may be just manipulating the word "bully" to their own convenience.

But,then, you have others...that are overly-prideful with their intellect and articulation, and condescend or put others down with it,and take the time to make that already vulnerable person feel "stupid".Those "self-entitled" geniuses, that feel the need to shoot the ideas of others down, because they believe their own opinion matters above all others.BUT, some old, narrow, ideas do need to be shot down, so one can provide the nearest truth, but from an authentic place, not from a place of ego. I believe it just boils down to intentions...are you trying to share knowledge to inform, or are you just trying to be pretentious?Sometimes the intentions can be a mixture of both...and others reactions to your character, can make it so easy to fall into trap of their own false perceptions of you.Those with empathetic abilities...can subconsiously fall for this , but regardless, their perception of you is unimportant at the end of the day, of course.

But, even so!,

There are those with intellect, charisma, and articulation so intimidating, that others make assumptions, accusing them of showing off, only because they are overly-insecure and simply mentally/intellectually unprepared...not stupid. You don't even need to be super intelligent...wisdom transcends our concepts of "time" and "place".

I guess...make no assumptions, or jump to quick conclusions.That's the moral.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Mon May 18, 2015 10:40 pm

If you guys stop responding to each other concerning Air Thoughts contributions then regardless of whether Air Thoughts does anything different in future - and my expectation is that he won't - there won't be a situation for Violet to have to deal with. 

Job done.
    Aqua
    Aqua

Female
    Number of posts : 314
    Registration date : 2014-12-11

Post  Aqua Tue May 19, 2015 2:45 am

mac wrote:If you guys stop responding to each other concerning Air Thoughts contributions then regardless of whether Air Thoughts does anything different in future - and my expectation is that he won't - there won't be a situation for Violet to have to deal with. 

Job done.

As I stated before, these are my sentiments.
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male
    Number of posts : 800
    Job/hobbies : Reactivated
    Registration date : 2013-12-02

Post  Thunder Bow Tue May 19, 2015 5:23 pm

Aqua wrote:
    mac wrote:If you guys stop responding to each other concerning Air Thoughts contributions then regardless of whether Air Thoughts does anything different in future - and my expectation is that he won't - there won't be a situation for Violet to have to deal with. 

Job done.

Duplicate post, read below.

Last edited by Thunder Bow on Tue May 19, 2015 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male

Post  Thunder Bow Tue May 19, 2015 5:25 pm

Thunder Bow wrote:
    Aqua wrote:

Job done.

Bullying is all about Control, and it does not matter what forum or what topic it is on. It has nothing to do with intellect. Bullies do not talk about the topic or even care about the topic, they accuse others to control them. They name call and make personal accusations or judgements on a person for control. It is about process not content. I am referring to all internet bullies, not to specific people in this forum.

We seem to have an agreement about where AIR posts fits best. No more really needs to be said for now.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Tue May 19, 2015 8:00 pm

Thunder Bow wrote:
    Thunder Bow wrote:
    Aqua wrote:

Job done.

Bullying is all about Control, and it does not matter what forum or what topic it is on. It has nothing to do with intellect. Bullies do not talk about the topic or even care about the topic, they accuse others to control them. They name call and make personal accusations or judgements on a person for control. It is about process not content. I am referring to all internet bullies, not to specific people in this forum.

We seem to have an agreement about where AIR posts fits best. No more really needs to be said for now.
    Why would you quote my posting and then go on about bullying as if there were some linkage....?
    mac

Male

Post  mac Tue May 19, 2015 8:14 pm

Thunder Bow wrote:
    Thunder Bow wrote:
    Aqua wrote:

Job done.

You may believe that nothing more needs to be said but I think it does. 

While I don't disagree that an alternative forum might be a better place if a contributor has routinely shown no desire to engage with others here, it's the sole right of the website owner, also the sole moderator, to decide what's right for her own website. 

It would be disrespectful not to acknowledge that.
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male

Post  Thunder Bow Tue May 19, 2015 9:07 pm

My reply probably should be for the post above yours (#51). Sorry for the error. Violet is very ill right now and is disabled, thus she can not moderate. I have full respect for her, and a deep concern for her. That is why I am attempting to tone all this down. I call that being very respectful. Let us self Moderate, and avoid any kind of accusation of any kind, until she is well enough to Moderate.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Tue May 19, 2015 10:34 pm

Thunder Bow wrote:My reply probably should be for the post above yours (#51). Sorry for the error. Violet is very ill right now and is disabled, thus she can not moderate. I have full respect for her, and a deep concern for her. That is why I am attempting to tone all this down. I call that being very respectful. Let us self Moderate, and avoid any kind of accusation of any kind, until she is well enough to Moderate.
    As this is largely what I said in posting #52 then I'm broadly in agreement with the sections in bold above.  The obvious solution to personality spats is for each contributor to stand down from starting or joining in with any. 

That doesn't, of course, stop us discussing, debating and even disagreeing with points made.

I'm sorry to learn that Violet is so unwell and hope she'll soon be back to good health and able to re-join us.
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male

Post  Thunder Bow Wed May 20, 2015 12:46 am

Good discussion, debate, and disagreeing, does not have Personal Accusations involved. When personal accusations are involved, nothing is solved, and worse yet, nothing is learned. So let us post our views with respect for each other. :peace:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Wed May 20, 2015 1:20 am

Firstly 1Antique and Air Thoughts are two entirely different people, that is one issue now resolved any further reference to that nonsense will result in posts being removed without notice.
    Secondly Air Thoughts has just as much right to post in the forum with the same freedom and right to engage in discussion or not as everyone else.
    Thirdly as far as I am aware Air Thoughts has not broken any rule, while others have, im sure there is a rule about being civil somewhere round here and I'm sure most have read not only that but all of the other rules, but please feel free to re read them all.
    Why people cannot live and let live is beyond me, while all this is going on and folk are seemingly unable to simply disregard Airs posts if they do not appeal, other posts are seemingly very easy to disregard, so just what is the beef? 
    I should not have to be here all the time to moderate, I cannot be here all the time, circumstances change, nor should  I need an army of mods to babysit in my absence, this forum is better than that, and full of lovely people. 

That leads me to one conclusion the folk having a problem with Air, perhaps Air is known elsewhere? Whatever the issue, from elsewhere or not, they have done no wrong here, and until they do they are as welcome here as anyone else.
    Finally I won't be herding threads in the manner suggested there is no need for such action as far as I can see, if you don't care for any particular posts simply disregard them there is simply no need for all this unpleasantness.  That is my final word on this matter.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Spiral
    Spiral

Male
    Number of posts : 200
    Job/hobbies : Gardening and sacred Geometry
    Registration date : 2015-05-20

Arguments in the forum - Page 3 Empty between eachothers yins and yangs

Post  Spiral Wed May 20, 2015 2:32 pm

personally i have dealt with yins and yangs of my own, don't we all have our own storybooks, 
    i would never leave because of bullying, in others opinions and thoughts are thier own beliefs, each to thier own, 
    makes sense to just accept differences, then we are more open to sharing opinions and different views of eachother or subjects from our standpoints
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male

Post  Thunder Bow Wed May 20, 2015 4:44 pm

My final say so is this: Good discussion, debate, and disagreeing, does not have Personal Accusations involved. When personal accusations are involved, nothing is solved, and worse yet, nothing is learned. So let us post our views with respect for each other. Arguments in the forum - Page 3 371183

I will be posting in AIR threads about certain things in this threads. One can like it or not. Religious Preaching seems to be allowed here. I will caution all, that AIR posts is Preaching. I will approach his posts as such.

AIR Thoughts has been banned from more than one internet forum. Thus I suspect his motives, others seem to as well.

Last edited by Thunder Bow on Wed May 20, 2015 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Spiral
    Spiral

Male

Post  Spiral Wed May 20, 2015 4:55 pm

hi thunder, new here, just getting use to site, looking forward to getting involved amongst the converstations
    peace

Spiral
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male

Post  Thunder Bow Wed May 20, 2015 5:01 pm

Spiral wrote:hi thunder, new here, just getting use to site, looking forward to getting involved amongst the converstations
    peace

Spiral

Ya'at'eeh; Good to see you here. :asmile:
    PassionOfHybrid

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2015-05-16

Post  PassionOfHybrid Wed May 20, 2015 5:10 pm

Spiral wrote:hi thunder, new here, just getting use to site, looking forward to getting involved amongst the converstations
    peace

Spiral
    Welcome!
    Spiral
    Spiral

Male

Post  Spiral Thu May 21, 2015 1:47 am

hi passion, thank you :)
    Spiral
    Spiral

Male

Post  Spiral Fri May 22, 2015 10:21 am

1antique wrote:
    Native Spirit wrote: wrote:What i see are difference of opinions im being honest i dont like that air just posts and leaves he doesnt interact with anyone,he is ignorant,
    he is preaching if i wanted to hear preachimg i would go to chapel or church  i dont because im not interested.
    if he interacted it wouldnt be so bad.but he is not interested,and i find that rude he is using the forums as his pulpit. we have strong people here each with our own way,but i do agree with a lot that Thunder Bow says

If the 3 of you are so uninterested in what Air Thoughts posts, then why are you constantly in the threads? If I was uninterested in what someone was posting, I just would not click on the thread. But, the three of you are going out of your way just to degrade this member....i.e. calling Air Thoughts ignorant. 

My best thought: Again, if you don't like what this member is posting, don't click on their thread.

absolutely true, i like your way of thinking, i dont like liqurice and i dont like sweetcorn, and i stay away from it, doesnt mean i dont like air, was just example, i just know there will be differences on here, and its up to them to deal with those differences by just believing there will be wide range of opinions, there is a wide range of people here, thanks and peace

Spiral
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Fri May 22, 2015 12:27 pm

I think that some members feel invaded or as if the forum has been soiled in some way by allowing this preaching to go on so long.

It is not the content, which if posted in a natural way might lead to some very good discussion or debate, it is the way it is posted by some unknown person that appears to jump in, post in a large font, and then disappear until the next time they decide to do so again.

They extremely rarely respond to any of the replies, which apart from being rude shows their lack of caring, and reveals their true mission.

I think it is a shame, but this whole episode has been dealt with really badly, and scolding people like children does not help. I am surprised that more members have not left!
    Spiral
    Spiral

Male

Post  Spiral Fri May 22, 2015 12:40 pm

Crystal wrote:I think that some members feel invaded or as if the forum has been soiled in some way by allowing this preaching to go on so long.

It is not the content, which if posted in a natural way might lead to some very good discussion or debate, it is the way it is posted by some unknown person that appears to jump in, post in a large font, and then disappear until the next time they decide to do so again.

They extremely rarely respond to any of the replies, which apart from being rude shows their lack of caring, and reveals their true mission.

I think it is a shame, but this whole episode has been dealt with really badly, and scolding people like children does not help. I am surprised that more members have not left!
    how we react to air thoughts will have effect on those around us, we have to defend air thoughts untill proven guilty, for all we know air thoughts could be shy or not good with responding, though thier opinions are there for belief,
     i see no harm in words and words dont truly show our true colours, we are more than words, its actually difficult to speek in words who we really are, or who i really am, 
    we have to remember that we all have a choice in life, in this case, to avoid or embrace air thoughts, if you where air thoughts, how would you like to be approached and why? 
    i,v been reading air thoughts comments, i see no harm done, and is advice and opinions whether it is bold or not, or blue or not, advice comes in many forms
    thanks and peace
    Spiral
    Knight of Albion
    Knight of Albion

Male
    Number of posts : 568
    Registration date : 2013-12-18

Post  Knight of Albion Fri May 22, 2015 5:06 pm

Violet wrote:Firstly 1Antique and Air Thoughts are two entirely different people, that is one issue now resolved any further reference to that nonsense will result in posts being removed without notice.
    Secondly Air Thoughts has just as much right to post in the forum with the same freedom and right to engage in discussion or not as everyone else.
    Thirdly as far as I am aware Air Thoughts has not broken any rule, while others have, im sure there is a rule about being civil somewhere round here and I'm sure most have read not only that but all of the other rules, but please feel free to re read them all.
    Why people cannot live and let live is beyond me, while all this is going on and folk are seemingly unable to simply disregard Airs posts if they do not appeal, other posts are seemingly very easy to disregard, so just what is the beef? 
    I should not have to be here all the time to moderate, I cannot be here all the time, circumstances change, nor should  I need an army of mods to babysit in my absence, this forum is better than that, and full of lovely people. 

That leads me to one conclusion the folk having a problem with Air, perhaps Air is known elsewhere? Whatever the issue, from elsewhere or not, they have done no wrong here, and until they do they are as welcome here as anyone else.
    Finally I won't be herding threads in the manner suggested there is no need for such action as far as I can see, if you don't care for any particular posts simply disregard them there is simply no need for all this unpleasantness.  That is my final word on this matter.

The final word! And I think it's best all round to leave it at that.
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Fri May 22, 2015 5:11 pm

There are certain people here who are just unable to refrain from going into Air Thoughts threads and making derogatory remarks.
    Spiral
    Spiral

Male

Post  Spiral Fri May 22, 2015 5:21 pm

1antique wrote:There are certain people here who are just unable to refrain from going into Air Thoughts threads and making derogatory remarks.
    derogatory, thats a new word for me, no idea what it means, but i certainly know what refrain means, it means to focus on something else or avoid same situation that doesnt go ones way, basically, it means to stop lol
    it really boggles me why some people cant deal with certain things and just refrain, even a child knows this, they say "no thanks, i will go put lego down the toilet instead" lol
    well i hope we can all laugh at this situation and see that choice is clear at the end of the day, even for those who just realised this, there is enough to go around
    thanks and peace
    Spiral
    reikistar
    reikistar

Number of posts : 70
    Job/hobbies : Reading (fiction and non fiction), blogging, nature watching, dogs, meditation, dreams, reiki and self development.
    Registration date : 2015-05-10

Post  reikistar Fri May 22, 2015 6:15 pm

It is a shame to see the way some of the threads are going. I'm very new here and the site itself is great but I'm feeling less and less inclined to post because it seems the only threads that are getting much traffic are the ones concerning Air and his posts. I clicked on one this morning feeling pleased to see a large number of posts there but was disappointed to see the comments that followed.

I don't get it. I have no problem with Air posting  - as you say Spiral he could have a number of reasons for not wanting to reply to comments or engage with posters. Surely part of being a loving person is accepting people for who they are? I understand there's some history with Air on previous forms and it can be frustrating when a person starts a lot of threads but doesn't respond to comments, but even so, the far greater problem from where I'm standing is the sheer volume of distaste his posts are generating.

It is sad because it's taking over the forum.

I wish that peace could be reached.

Blessings

Reikistar
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male

Post  Thunder Bow Fri May 22, 2015 6:17 pm

Crystal wrote:I think that some members feel invaded or as if the forum has been soiled in some way by allowing this preaching to go on so long.

Crystal. I could not Agree with you more. Good point. I wish the Moderator would read this. :yeeess:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:38 am