Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tarot ~ Basic Meanings

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

The Tarot ~ Basic Meanings Empty The Tarot ~ Basic Meanings

Post  Violet Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:00 pm

Please bear in mind that this is a rough guide only based on my own thoughts about the tarot. I understand that the images I have used are a royalty FREE download of tarot images which are the Rider Waite Deck.

Last edited by Violet on Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:33 am; edited 2 times in total
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

The Tarot ~ Basic Meanings Empty Re: The Tarot ~ Basic Meanings

The Tarot ~ Basic Meanings Maj00s10

The Fool

This is card 0 of the Major Arcana (tarot trump cards of which there are 22)
    When i see this card in a reading i see it as a very positive and exciting card as it generally represents the beginning of a journey, a stepping out into the unknown, new beginnings and offers encouragement along the way.

Remember that surrounding cards may offer hints about exactly which area of your life this refers to, i often find this is a card drawn by people just beginning a spiritual journey, but it can refer to other things too such as a new job or move of home.

if you draw this reversed (i don't reverse cards) it serves as a warning take everything into consideration before you jump in with both feet, the old adage 'look before you leap' springs to mind, caution is advised

Last edited by Violet on Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Gardenia likes this post

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

The Tarot ~ Basic Meanings Maj01s10

The Magician

This is card 1 of the Major Arcana and another very positive card as it indicates that you hold the reins on your life, you are in control and that you also have everything you need at your disposal to assist you as you make your way forward in life, and towards acheiving your goals. i also feel with this card that there is strong spiritual guidance too.

drawn reversed this card indicates that you are being 'blocked' this could be by circumstances, other people or even by yourself with negative thought patterns.

Last edited by Violet on Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Gardenia likes this post

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:01 pm

The Tarot ~ Basic Meanings Maj02s10

The High Priestess

This is card 2 of the Major Arcana imo this is a very spiritual card, i always see it as extremely positive in any reading, it asks that you look inside of yourself for answers, trust your instincts, it can also indicate an interest in the spiritual and a possible awakening. I almost always feel that this card indicates spiritual enlightenment, guidance and protection.

Reversed: even reversed i wouldn't see this card as negative, i feel it may refer to a denial or a fear of spiritual matters, almost a self imposed blockage and if that is the case it is simply advising you to work on it.
    Occasionally it advises stepping back from a situation in order to see the 'bigger picture.'

Last edited by Violet on Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:30 am; edited 3 times in total
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:01 pm

The Tarot ~ Basic Meanings Maj03s10

The Empress

This is card 3 and may represent creativity and the nuturing of creativity and creative ideas. It can be interpreted on a physical level such as the birth of a baby or materially the creation of a business, favourable finances are also augered by this card, the keywords here are abundance, nuturing and growth.

Again reversed this indicates blockages at every level but these are merely temporary set backs.

Gardenia likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:52 am