Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
gloria
AngelTony
Violet
innerlight
8 posters

where do we go when we pass?

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

where do we go when we pass? - Page 2 Empty where do we go when we pass?

Post  innerlight Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:35 am

First topic message reminder :

do we just go to spirit, and that is it? do we goto heaven? what is spirit?
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

where do we go when we pass? - Page 2 Empty Re: where do we go when we pass?

Post  innerlight Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:33 pm

Joanie wrote:
    Some things we have to accept on faith,Innerlight,like the bible.
    Or do we? I really don't know. I do know that I have experienced certain situations which I cannot explain. I do feel there is an afterlife more strongly than I did a few years ago.
    I'm not saying there is or there isn't any truth in the bible. for all we know that could all be truth. in some cases, sure, faith is what we need to have our truth. Yet, I am not one to just have "blind" faith. It's also easy for someone to say something is truth. And, well, unless you've experienced it for yourself you should be cautious in accepting it as truth.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:34 pm

"And if we took everything that a person said was "fact" because spirit
    told them then we would also have to say all the holy books are complete
    truth."

That would be preposterous - we all have the ability to filter and assess what we hear and read. When there is repeated accounts of matters being a particular way would we not assess there being a greater likelihood of factuality? Or would one conclude all sources were equally deluded even to a similar level of detail?

And holy books were written by the hand of men (rarely women, btw) Why would we trust 'em as complete truth - just because they claimed it to be so? Where are the corroborating, contemporary accounts, as communicated in recent decades through mediumship?
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:37 pm

"Some things we have to accept on faith,Innerlight,like the bible." Others may, Joanie, but I don't have to and don't.

I don't do faith and I don't do belief....
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:42 pm

mac wrote:
    That would be preposterous - we all have the ability to filter and assess what we hear and read. When there is repeated accounts of matters being a particular way would we not assess there being a greater likelihood of factuality? Or would one conclude all sources were equally deluded even to a similar level of detail?

Not necesarrily can we credit something that we've read in numerous places as being truth. The reason for that is because all it takes is one article, one paragraph to be copied over and over again as being truth. I see it plenty of times people showing articles, but they are really just variations of the original article. Which is why they say do not always take everything you read on the internet for truth. I've also read many articles that contradict with each other, or one place will say it's true. The next will say that it's not true.

Let's not forget that the mind of the individual will create their truth for them. I'm sure a bunch of Catholics upon passing will see Jesus Christ while many Muslims will see Muhammad. Course i've also read articles of Muslims that have seen Christ during NDE's thus causing them to convert.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:05 pm

"Not necesarrily can we credit something that we've read in numerous
    places as being truth. The reason for that is because all it takes is
    one article, one paragraph to be copied over and over again as being
    truth. I see it plenty of times people showing articles, but they are
    really just variations of the original article."

I should have made it clear that I was meaning accounts of the afterlife as communicated through various mediums over many years.

They were accounts from individuals about the situations in which they found themselves, the things they saw and heard, the things they did, the way they lived....

Not one story quoted, copied and retransmitted. Individual's accounts of their own lives, their new lives.
    zerdini

Male
    Number of posts : 611
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2011-01-28

Post  zerdini Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:13 pm

innerlight wrote:
    zerdini wrote:Theories are fine but facts are better.
    Are there really any fact to the knowledge of what happens after we die? Sure we have mediums, and channels, and psychics, and sensitives, and what have you. However that knowledge is filtered through the mind and the brain of the individual being the channel for spirit. And if we took everything that a person said was "fact" because spirit told them then we would also have to say all the holy books are complete truth.
    Not at all. The experiences of people who live in the spirit world will tell you what life is like for them. Listen to the tape recordings. You don't have to listen to psychics etc.
    Don't speculate - the answers are available to all.
    www.leslieflint.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:49 am