Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

runes again

shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

runes again Empty runes again

Post  shayn Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:08 pm

so now i have them, my runes, and we try bonding now :giggles: , but how do i reallt start. i tried taking out one rune and read what it means, it did it several times, but it feels so disconnected and meaningless. any ideas?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

runes again Empty Re: runes again

Post  Violet Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:44 pm

Hi shayn as well as reading what's in your book i'd look up meanings online too and get as many possible interpretations on them as you can and you should 'feel' which one makes the most sense to you, something should resonate, also you may find that a combinations of two or three meanings for one stone may work well for you personally.
    I find runes particularly difficult because unlike the tarot there seems to be no allowance for give and take with them (unless i'm doing it wrong :giggles: ) it might be because the tarot is pictorial rather than a symbol it gives you much more scope.
    I'd try placing a rune a night under your pillow too you never know you may get something through in dreams.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser

Number of posts : 73
    Registration date : 2009-06-30

Post  ZombieChaser Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:02 am

I have a brand new box of these I have never used. Never really understood how to use them.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:09 am

There's some more info on runes somewhere i'll find it in a minute but basicaly you just draw them usually from a bag taking care to note whether they are reversed or not, you can lay them out as you would with tarot cards.

I've seen others draw one each morning for their 'message of the day.'

I've also seen someone reading runes by 'casting' this is when all the runes are 'cast' onto a table or floor the ones which are read are the ones which appear face up it was quite fascinating to watch this.

Runes aren't really my thing, I only use them now and again, i'll go find that info and bump it for you :asmile:

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:57 am

hi Zombie

i'm learning to use my runes, and to start with, i don't really try to read anything in them. i just try to find my connection to them, feel them, understand them, i read about them , i hold them in my hands, i meditate with them, and i take one or more with me. i look around for books on the topic and read when i get the time and the feeling for it.
    i find them less intuitive then cards, but very very interesting and there is so much to use them for, or so i understood.
    so it is really up to you if you going to give them a chance and try them out.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:18 pm