Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Rainbow
Beware_of_Italics
innerlight
Violet
gilly
skfarblum
1antique
SpiritVoices
mac
Lulu
14 posters

Religion - Very confused

Lulu
    Lulu

Female
    Number of posts : 22
    Job/hobbies : Job:Chemist Hobbies: Gardening, Reading, Painting
    Registration date : 2011-08-26

Religion - Very confused - Page 2 Empty Religion - Very confused

Post  Lulu Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:32 am

First topic message reminder :

I am getting increasingly more confused about my religion and I feel the need to discuss it.

I was brought up secular, but attended a Church of England school. I did all the 'churchy' things. But never really thought it was for me. When I was in my twenties I became increasingly interested in Judaism and I underwent a conversion. I was happy for a while but never really felt accepted. Judaism is a very family and community based religion. I have no family and I'm very quiet and private.

I live fairly far away from the nearest Jewish community and started to drift away and thought about going back to my roots. I found out that my father had been Catholic and most of my mothers too. I descided to attend Mass with a friend. I liked the peacefulness of the church and I likes Mary and the Saints (Sorry if this sounds nieve) I spoke to the priest and descided to convert (Again) to Catholisicm. But in the end I couldn't do it. It didn't feel right. I didn't agree with anyone at the classes and didn't 'get the Jesus thing'.

I started to look further back, at paganism, and liked what I read. I love animals, nature and the environment. I have been vegetarian for many years and am peaceful and caring. The problem is I'm not sure I can worship more than one God and I'm not sure about which path I would take.

I don't want to be one of those people who just tries out different religions and has a different one each week. I just feel lost and need to find my way.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Religion - Very confused - Page 2 Empty Re: Religion - Very confused

Post  Violet Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:45 am

I think I did just want to get things off my chest, but then I felt a bit embarassed about it. That's why I didn't get back in touch for a while.

I'm sorry you felt this way Lulu, but i'm glad you came backReligion - Very confused - Page 2 28115 we have so many lovely people here we're very lucky. I hope you continue to enjoy the forum.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Religion - Very confused - Page 2 Empty Re: Religion - Very confused

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:57 pm