Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
eyeopen
Detlef
mayflow
avianscepter
partofme
mac
ameliorate
SpiritVoices
Auras
13 posters

Everyone is psychic

Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Everyone is psychic - Page 2 Empty Everyone is psychic

Post  Auras Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

I was having a debate yesterday in chatroom and someone stated that not everyone is psychic. im going to have to disagree and going to have say your 100% wrong. everyone is psychic and its a fact. let say a few things.

everyone is empathic, empathy is psychic ability because you are feeling others emotions. some people have control over there empathy, meaning that they can will to not feel others and can will to feel them. also. everyone has at least of of the clairs and they are a psychic ability. everyone can learn to read tarot cards, everyone can make predictions things that come true. clairsentient is clear feeling, you can feel your own feelings right? there ye go. if you done a mental exercise using that ability you will see a difference. but as someone stated yesterday, its all about choice.

being psychic isnt impossible, youre being psychic everyday without even being aware of it. 

the choice stands in your hands.

Everyone is psychic - Page 2 Empty Re: Everyone is psychic

Post  Guest Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:28 pm

Auras wrote:It is a fact but use wont accept it.

As I said previously...Present evidence that stands up to scrutiny (i.e. with citations and peer-reviewed studies, etc.) and I'll happily peruse it.
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:43 pm

You've got chakras. They govern your psychic/spiritual/physical properteis. We've got a third eye, that's a psychic ability. To be able to see things we can not in ordinary life.

Post  Guest Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:56 pm

Auras wrote:You've got chakras. They govern your psychic/spiritual/physical properteis. We've got a third eye, that's a psychic ability. To be able to see things we can not in ordinary life.

Okay, that's your assertion. Now you need only deal with the burden of proof.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:59 pm

Well,I started this topic,didn't really think anyone would answer it.
    Rather a boring topic,I thought.
    Just trying to fill the time in.... :blush: 

Did not expect so many answers or ill feeling.   
    We can still have a strong discussion,with members stating their views.
    But why do some of those answers sound rather impolite?
    Suggestions can be made as to how each member feels but not quite so strongly,please?

Auras,as you know is only 15 years old.    Give him a chance to state his opinions and show him nicely where he is incorrect,if he is incorrect.   
    If you need someone to 'shout' at,shout at me!  I started the discussion.... :mecry:
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:12 pm

Dilettante wrote:
    Auras wrote:You've got chakras. They govern your psychic/spiritual/physical properteis. We've got a third eye, that's a psychic ability. To be able to see things we can not in ordinary life.

Okay, that's your assertion. Now you need only deal with the burden of proof.
    You are just refusing to accept the fact. im done. its not my assertion, because everyone in the world knows, its the matter of accepting it, andif you dont your never going to move forward in that specific topic. 

chakras are absolutely a fact, people are able to see chakras to prove it. i dont need to prove anything to you? why should i waste my time on someone who does not accept it? why should i waste my time on those who try to outsmart facts? thats right. instead of me debating, am gonner stand back and let you figure it out yourself, am not the one thats bothered because i know what is real and what is not. its all down to the individual.

peace.

Post  Guest Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:43 pm

Auras wrote:
    You are just refusing to accept the fact. im done. its not my assertion, because everyone in the world knows, its the matter of accepting it, andif you dont your never going to move forward in that specific topic. 

Well yes, I am indeed refusing to accept your assertion that empathy=psychic ability and that everyone is psychic. I will not consider something such as your initial statement to be "fact" without substantiative evidence. So far you have failed to supply any and claiming the whole world knows is not. But I again repeat... Present evidence that stands up to scrutiny and I'll happily peruse it.

Auras wrote:i dont need to prove anything to you? why should i waste my time on someone who does not accept it? why should i waste my time on those who try to outsmart facts?

To me personally, no you don't need to prove anything, unless it's important to you that I see the world as you do. However it is not just me questioning/disputing your initial argument. If you're going to put pen to paper (or indeed, finger to keyboard!) and write in absolute terms that empathy=psychic ability and furthermore that everyone is psychic, you should be prepared to provide evidence to prove your claim - evidence that isn't based in circular logic or repition of position. That's what I mean by the burden of proof - it's implicit upon the originator, not the audience; otherwise you end up with an argument from ignorance.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:16 pm

Well explained Dilettante!

Perhaps Auras is not familiar with forums. When you start a thread with an assertion and there are posts disputing it, then their arguments are normally taken up and debated from your own reasoning. I have not seen Auras do this at all so this thread never gets off square one in that respect.
    mayflow
    mayflow

Number of posts : 894
    Job/hobbies : Electronics, RF energy, test equipment
    Registration date : 2013-12-03

Post  mayflow Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:47 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:Well,I started this topic,didn't really think anyone would answer it.
    Rather a boring topic,I thought.
    Just trying to fill the time in.... :blush: 

Did not expect so many answers or ill feeling.   
    We can still have a strong discussion,with members stating their views.
    But why do some of those answers sound rather impolite?
    Suggestions can be made as to how each member feels but not quite so strongly,please?

Auras,as you know is only 15 years old.    Give him a chance to state his opinions and show him nicely where he is incorrect,if he is incorrect.   
    If you need someone to 'shout' at,shout at me!  I started the discussion.... :mecry:

If you started it, why was the first post by Aurus? Also, how polite has he been here?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:17 pm

Many apologies,you are correct,Mayflo.....Had my mind full of Empathy and Psychic.   So apologies to all....   But still doesn't excuse the ranting and raving....might be discussions to everyone else but not to me....or maybe I'm just old fashioned..... :asmile:
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:36 pm

Look back and see who has got overheated spiritvoices.....
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:38 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:Many apologies,you are correct,Mayflo.....Had my mind full of Empathy and Psychic.   So apologies to all....   But still doesn't excuse the ranting and raving....might be discussions to everyone else but not to me....or maybe I'm just old fashioned..... :asmile:

Maybe your empathy and magic may be extended to all here? The ranting and raving here seem to be from you.

Apologies do not suffice when you favor one and not others! (My stern side)

That aside, age is irrelevant - others here are or have been or will be 15 too, but hopefully won't keep calling other people "use?" Is that like Freudian slip?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:30 pm

Keep holding the bait out but I'm not ready for the hook yet.
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:36 pm

really though? am pissed off because of you sceptics. i hate them.
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:38 pm

ok. since youre wanting evidence of me. provide evidence that everyone isnt psychic?
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:45 pm

Auras wrote:ok. since youre wanting evidence of me. provide evidence that everyone isnt psychic?
    I did....page 1 #6.  Guess you never read it? Or perhaps, didn't understand it/take it in? I would welcome a reply to it.
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:59 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:Keep holding the bait out but I'm not ready for the hook yet.

Huh?
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:11 pm

ameliorate wrote:I agree with you Dilettante that empathy is not a psychic ability but a cognitive faculty.  Indeed psychopaths are said to lack it and it is one of the characteristic symptoms of this condition.  Also there is a sliding scale i.e. people can have psychopathic tendencies but not be a psychopath.  Then there are people who are quite cold, distant i.e. who are definitely not empathic.  So not everyone is empathic but then empathy is not even a psychic ability.

Psychics perceive hidden info (not available through the senses) via ESP, i.e. extrasensory perception.  ESP by being labelled as extra inherently implies that it is over and above just normal perception, hence special i.e. not shared by everyone.

Ok, you make a fair point. but, as a developing medium i feel spirits emotions on how they were on the earth plane. so your saying thats not a psychic ability?

this debate could go on all day. i like your views ameliorate
    partofme
    partofme

Female
    Number of posts : 820
    Job/hobbies : spiritual growth, repurposer, gardening...anything creative.
    Registration date : 2013-05-29

Post  partofme Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:43 pm

ameliorate wrote:
    Auras wrote:you may not believe everyone is psychic, but eveyrone is intutive, argue against intuition
    Argue against intuition?  Sounds like you want to fight Auras!  :scratch: 

I am not into point scoring but reaching a truth, i.e. I will readily admit if I have got it wrong.

As before, everyone may well have intuitive abilities/potential, but not everyone is intuitive.  Being able to access our intuition is a skill.  Many people are not able to accurately perceive a situation, much less be intuitive.
     Not all have intuition. That to me, is harder to accept than being psychic truthfully, but I do still agree.  I once read where intuition comes from the subconscious and not all can tap into it.  It basically explained it as being able to refer back to the subconscious.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:50 pm

Auras wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:I agree with you Dilettante that empathy is not a psychic ability but a cognitive faculty.  Indeed psychopaths are said to lack it and it is one of the characteristic symptoms of this condition.  Also there is a sliding scale i.e. people can have psychopathic tendencies but not be a psychopath.  Then there are people who are quite cold, distant i.e. who are definitely not empathic.  So not everyone is empathic but then empathy is not even a psychic ability.

Psychics perceive hidden info (not available through the senses) via ESP, i.e. extrasensory perception.  ESP by being labelled as extra inherently implies that it is over and above just normal perception, hence special i.e. not shared by everyone.

Ok, you make a fair point. but, as a developing medium i feel spirits emotions on how they were on the earth plane. so your saying thats not a psychic ability?

this debate could go on all day. i like your views ameliorate
    I was addressing your OP that everyone is psychic.  Since you are a developing medium, then of course you have this psychic ability.  You are not everyone however.  I too am psychic, i.e. claircognizant.   Actually I thought everyone was too, until I found out/was told otherwise!

For what it's worth, it's a common mistake to generalise from one's own truth.

Post  Guest Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:57 pm

Before we continue the debate.... Spiritvoices... I've thus far not commented on your thoughts regarding the overall conduct/direction in this thread, though having reviewed the thread thus far I respectfully support Mayflow and Ameliorate's earlier comments. However, I do bear your comments in mind and on that note, Auras... Whilst I continue to disagree with your original argument and below I (again) present the opposing side, do remember that I am not seeking to invalidate you as a person.  :wink: 

Auras wrote:really though? am pissed off because of you sceptics. i hate them.

Bit of a poor show hating someone because their views do not coincide with your own... Are you sure you mean that, or was that a "heat of the moment" comment?

Auras wrote:ok. since youre wanting evidence of me. provide evidence that everyone isnt psychic?

Hmm. That's the argument from ignorance scenario I alluded to earlier, whereby one projects the burden of proof onto the audience. Nevertheless, I submit the following. The most anecdotal (and least reliable, I could of course be lying and have very well tuned ability) is my own experience as alluded to earlier. I possess no such powers, despite being reasonably empathic and  intuitive given my age, life experiences and (dare I say it?!) my sex.

The other indicator is that the James Randi $1m prize fund hasn't yet been claimed. If you're not aware of this, a one-million-dollar prize is offered to anyone who can show, under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event. Many have tried and therefore one can conclude that not everyone is psychic.

Finally, one of many articles in scientific literature (this one from the journal of cognitive neuroscience) gives some compelling evidence against psychic ability - And therefore against the position that everyone is psychic. If you haven't time, then the abstract will suffice.

http://www.wjh.harvard.edu/~kwn/Kosslyn_pdfs/2008Moulton_JOCN20_Neuroimaging_Psi.pdf
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:00 pm

partofme wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    Auras wrote:you may not believe everyone is psychic, but eveyrone is intutive, argue against intuition
    Argue against intuition?  Sounds like you want to fight Auras!  :scratch: 

I am not into point scoring but reaching a truth, i.e. I will readily admit if I have got it wrong.

As before, everyone may well have intuitive abilities/potential, but not everyone is intuitive.  Being able to access our intuition is a skill.  Many people are not able to accurately perceive a situation, much less be intuitive.
     Not all have intuition. That to me, is harder to accept than being psychic truthfully, but I do still agree.  I once read where intuition comes from the subconscious and not all can tap into it.  It basically explained it as being able to refer back to the subconscious.

Gotta love that subconsciousness side. Where else would we get our dreams from? There is more to things than meet the senses of humans, you know!

Some are quite insightful it would seem from an intuitive aspect.
    http://similarminds.com/jung.html
    Like a test?
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Post  Detlef Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:32 pm

Auras wrote:I was having a debate yesterday in chatroom and someone stated that not everyone is psychic. im going to have to disagree and going to have say your 100% wrong. everyone is psychic and its a fact. let say a few things.

everyone is empathic, empathy is psychic ability because you are feeling others emotions. some people have control over there empathy, meaning that they can will to not feel others and can will to feel them. also. everyone has at least of of the clairs and they are a psychic ability. everyone can learn to read tarot cards, everyone can make predictions things that come true. clairsentient is clear feeling, you can feel your own feelings right? there ye go. if you done a mental exercise using that ability you will see a difference. but as someone stated yesterday, its all about choice.

being psychic isnt impossible, youre being psychic everyday without even being aware of it. 

the choice stands in your hands.
    It's bit like woodwork, everyone can do it, just how well is the question.
    For me, give me a chainsaw and I will work the wood, just don't ask me to do to much measuring.
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:51 pm

Husqvarna, Jonsered, Stihl ... which would you like?
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:52 pm

Exactly, Detlef.

But, Some members on this thread are saying that not everyone is able to.
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:55 pm

I am only here to give away chainsaws.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:28 pm