Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

My lack of self-confidence is running my life

clearnight2
    Just joined

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2016-11-20

My lack of self-confidence is running my life Empty My lack of self-confidence is running my life

Post  clearnight2 Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:51 am

Growing up, I must admit I had low self-esteem. Maybe it was my peers who made me feel that I don't belong and I was a loser or something. What I did was just focus on my studies which made me look a loser even more, but I got good grades at least.

When I reached high school, I began to socialize and get a group of friends. Somehow, they have increased by confidence by telling me praises and the good qualities that I possess.

However, now that I'm about to create my own web development business I'm just trembling before talking to clients. It will really ruin my entire career and make me broke.

Now I just want to ask you guys if you have confidence-boosting tips so that anyone here who lacks confidence would learn how to change for the better.

What can you advice?
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

My lack of self-confidence is running my life Empty Re: My lack of self-confidence is running my life

Post  ameliorate Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:41 am

First, welcome to this forum!

Well done for creating your business and building your self esteem!  It is clear that you are now listening to your inner critic and letting fears and doubts have an effect on you.  So, my best advice to you is to be aware of this and change gear when you see it happening, i.e. remind yourself of how far you have come and of the compliments you have had.  As the song says, it's time to 'accentuate the positive, eliminate the negatives!' 

Here is a link for 17 tips on empowerment (each page has a 'next' button at the bottom end of the screen).  Regarding affirmations (if you are not already doing this); they need to be sentences that resonate with you/believable i.e. not too far fetched.

http://www.beliefnet.com/inspiration/galleries/17-ways-to-empower-yourself.aspx
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

My lack of self-confidence is running my life Empty Re: My lack of self-confidence is running my life

Post  Blueanchor Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:14 am

I relate what you've said to a post I've just written. http://www.spiritualinspiration.org/t11338-a-lifestyle-of-self-responsibility

It seems that you already have some self honesty and are noticing your inner responses. I'm not sure that the thread I wrote goes into enough detail about taking that step to start unravelling your feelings and making changes, but the thread might give some ideas for you to make your own journey to changing those old perceptions.
    clearnight2
    Just joined

Post  clearnight2 Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:40 pm

Thank you very much for the replies so far. I hope they will help.
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male
    Number of posts : 800
    Job/hobbies : Reactivated
    Registration date : 2013-12-02

Post  Thunder Bow Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:43 pm

You are not a loser for getting good grades, and you are not a loser for being intelligent. Just have courage and be confident you will do well in developing your business. Low self confidence gets started in early childhood. If it is overwhelming, counseling can help.
    millergrls
    millergrls

Female
    Number of posts : 1385
    Job/hobbies : Dispatcher
    Registration date : 2012-11-02

Post  millergrls Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:15 pm

Sounds to me like you are an amazing person!  Great grades and now a new business owner.  This is wonderful and shows your true character!  Just so you know...meeting new clients and doing something new would be a fearful adventure for anyone....Kudos to you for going for it.  Take a deep breath....ground your self from crown chakra to the root chakra...take another deep breath and know that you are a beautiful intelligent soul and the universe has place you where you are because you are ready and it did so on purpose.  You have this.  You will be nervouse but at a point when you get use to it it will pas!!.   You got this!!  now go for it and keep us posted!!
    clearnight2
    Just joined

Post  clearnight2 Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:27 pm

millergrls wrote:Sounds to me like you are an amazing person!  Great grades and now a new business owner.  This is wonderful and shows your true character!  Just so you know...meeting new clients and doing something new would be a fearful adventure for anyone....Kudos to you for going for it.  Take a deep breath....ground your self from crown chakra to the root chakra...take another deep breath and know that you are a beautiful intelligent soul and the universe has place you where you are because you are ready and it did so on purpose.  You have this.  You will be nervouse but at a point when you get use to it it will pas!!.   You got this!!  now go for it and keep us posted!!

Thank you. Your reply is so simple yet profound, to me. (Feel almost as if being comforted and loved by a mother) Definitely inspires me to meet my fears head-on and conquer the unknown. :)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:13 pm