Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
frisky fox
zach
Aliunas
Lovinthejourney
nova_spirit
Squatchit
innerlight
gwenddydd
Violet
13 posters

A Standard Mirror ~ Not for Everyone

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

A Standard Mirror ~ Not for Everyone Empty A Standard Mirror ~ Not for Everyone

Post  Violet Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:35 pm

Not for the feint hearted, some (especially newbies to the spiritual) can be alarmed by what they see when doing this so caution is advised, please place basic protection around you and if you feel the slightest bit uncomfortable stop doing it and go and make a cup of tea which will help to 'ground' you.

Do a very basic breathing exercise (there's one on the forum somewhere) and settle yourself as though preparing for a meditation.

Stand a couple of feet away from the mirror so that you can see your head and shoulders clearly.

Gaze softly into your eyes for as long as is comfortable.

When you have finished do something such as making a cup of tea or washing your hands to ground you.

You may experience a number of things when doing this such as:

Darkening of the face
    Face blurring or appearing to alter slightly.
    Eyes appearing to change colour or shape.
    Shadows or mists appearing around you.
    Seeing colours around you.
    Seeing small lights or orbs.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    gwenddydd
    gwenddydd

Female
    Number of posts : 60
    Job/hobbies : Sailing, runes, reading, writing, jui-jitsu, herbs , horsebackriding, dancing.
    Registration date : 2009-02-26

A Standard Mirror ~ Not for Everyone Empty Re: A Standard Mirror ~ Not for Everyone

Post  gwenddydd Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:43 pm

I´ve never been comfterble with mirrors :) I try to avoid walking past them in the dark to :)
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

A Standard Mirror ~ Not for Everyone Empty Re: A Standard Mirror ~ Not for Everyone

Post  Violet Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:13 pm

gwenddydd wrote:I´ve never been comfterble with mirrors :) I try to avoid walking past them in the dark to :)

I'm the same, I don't like them, this exercise is good though :bgrinblu:

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:31 pm

I'm a little concerned for you all that you need a guide to use a standard mirror.. All you need to do is walk up to it, and look at it. You will see your reflection, unless you're a vampire.

There's really no need for a tutorial for it.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:14 pm

innerlight wrote:I'm a little concerned for you all that you need a guide to use a standard mirror.. All you need to do is walk up to it, and look at it. You will see your reflection, unless you're a vampire.

There's really no need for a tutorial for it.

:giggles:

Squatchit
    Squatchit

Female
    Number of posts : 95
    Job/hobbies : Wasting time
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Squatchit Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:44 pm

Hi Violet and all

I'm familiar with the other methods mentioned in this 'How To' section - at least in a vague sort of way.

However, what is being achieved by staring at yourself in a mirror? Is it supposed to take you to the spirit world? Or something else? A Standard Mirror ~ Not for Everyone 588401

Oh and while I'm at it, can you blink or is it best to delay blinking for as long as possible? The reason I ask this is that if you stare at anything for long enough without blinking, everything goes weird. I think that's called retinal fatigue.

Just curious really.

Love Squatch
    nova_spirit
    nova_spirit

Female

Post  nova_spirit Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:55 pm

A mirror in the Paranormal world can be a portal for spirits especially if opened. That's about all I know about mirrors A Standard Mirror ~ Not for Everyone 114597

love and light
    novaspirit
    Lovinthejourney
    Lovinthejourney

Female
    Number of posts : 63

Post  Lovinthejourney Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:56 pm

The mirror techniques can be very powerful! Most of us, when looking in the mirror, aren't really looking at ourselves. We're looking at our hair or makeup or clothes or the overall "surface" appearance. But when you really focus on looking into your own eyes in the mirror it can have very profound impacts. And if you ask a question to yourself such as "who am I?" when you look, it can have strange effects as well. I think it's more of a "looking at your soul" kinda thing. Not what we usually do in our daily lives when we look in the mirror. Personally, the first few times I did this, I burst into tears. LOL!
    Aliunas
    Aliunas

Female
    Number of posts : 34

Post  Aliunas Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:12 pm

I did this with a candle not too long ago and I got so into it I swear I almost lost complete vision. I did it for so long that I couldn't see anything physical. Kind of like being really light headed, when you see all those weird colors around your eyes. It's hard to explain what I saw but everything turned bright and blended in with each other! A Standard Mirror ~ Not for Everyone 350287

And I also saw my face morph into an old man. I asked who this could have been on SF and someone said it could be my higher self. And there were presences (most likely my guide or angels) looking into the mirror with me as well. Just wondering, what do you guys think? I didn't ask any particular questions during it, but the old man's face kind of scared me a little.
    Squatchit
    Squatchit

Female
    Job/hobbies : Wasting time

Post  Squatchit Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:15 am

Oooooh thanks for the replies everyone.

I like weird stuff, so I'm going to give it a go later.

And if anything gets a bit scary, I can always say... A Standard Mirror ~ Not for Everyone 173994

Love Squatch
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:31 pm

Lovinthejourney wrote:The mirror techniques can be very powerful! Most of us, when looking in the mirror, aren't really looking at ourselves. We're looking at our hair or makeup or clothes or the overall "surface" appearance. But when you really focus on looking into your own eyes in the mirror it can have very profound impacts. And if you ask a question to yourself such as "who am I?" when you look, it can have strange effects as well. I think it's more of a "looking at your soul" kinda thing. Not what we usually do in our daily lives when we look in the mirror. Personally, the first few times I did this, I burst into tears. LOL!

It can make you very emotional, I found this to be one of my most meaningful experiences.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:38 pm

Bumping this old thread up...

I have purchased a mirror for these exercises. As mirror gazing has been mentioned in a few spiritual sites for ones developing of their clairvoyance and in learning to see ones aura.

The practice, has certainly been interesting. I have not mastered holding the gaze, so it's hard to keep any image for long. So they end up flickering very very fast.
    frisky fox

Number of posts : 1044
    Registration date : 2013-08-25

Post  frisky fox Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:55 pm

Interesting topic. I have heard of people using the main bathroom mirror, turning off all the lights and lighting a small candle... I think the candle is supposed to be located behind the person. Then as they gaze into the mirror, they most likely will observe their face changing, or so we were told... I haven't tried this .

curious how one can help develop their clairvoyance by looking into a mirror ?
    seeing one's aura, I can understand
    eyeopen
    eyeopen

Number of posts : 1380
    Registration date : 2012-04-03

Post  eyeopen Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:22 pm

Hi one i know washing hands grounds you but what about coffee? lol.

But the other thing is its hard to do this excercise with wearing contact lenses, I cant stare that long. and if I remove them I cant really see myself properly! AM I the only one here who wears contacts?

I have tried this and saw dark face, and blurrs that all, I see bit of cloudy light sometimes, but not like before.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:39 pm

Sounds an interesting experiment....

I remember looking deeply into a mirror years ago,trying to see what I had in my eye.    The mirror blurred and I saw my mother's face.   One could say I looked like my mother but I don't,I resemble my father but have my mother's eyes.

Incidently,it wasn't that long since my mother had passed over.

Post  Guest Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:40 pm

Im going off topic for a second................ummmm...is that Squatchit up there?
    Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Post  Kaere Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:45 pm

lol... yes.

Post  Guest Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:48 pm

Well howdy mrs/miss Sasquatch

wait..............thats old posts?
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:34 pm

frisky fox wrote:Interesting topic. I have heard of people using the main bathroom mirror, turning off all the lights and lighting a small candle... I think the candle is supposed to be located behind the person. Then as they gaze into the mirror, they most likely will observe their face changing, or so we were told... I haven't tried this .

I've been using a red tinted bulb in a light. It allows a soft enough gaze to not be too bright, and not be too dark.

How does it develop clairvoyance? When you soften your eyes into a gaze, your eyes stop trying and your minds eye takes over to allow you to see.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:35 pm

eyeopen wrote:Hi one i know washing hands grounds you but what about coffee? lol.

But the other thing is its hard to do this excercise with wearing contact lenses, I cant stare that long. and if I remove them I cant really see myself properly! AM I the only one here who wears contacts?

I have tried this and saw dark face, and blurrs that all, I see bit of cloudy light sometimes, but not like before.
    Wearing contacts may be a little bit of a challenge.. I have found, not a full open eye stare, but a half open half closed gaze to work the best. Otherwise it's more blur than anything.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:39 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:Sounds an interesting experiment....

I remember looking deeply into a mirror years ago,trying to see what I had in my eye.    The mirror blurred and I saw my mother's face.   One could say I looked like my mother but I don't,I resemble my father but have my mother's eyes.

Incidently,it wasn't that long since my mother had passed over.
    It has been said that mirrors are portals.. So it would be no surprise to be able to see your mom through one.
    frisky fox

Number of posts : 1044
    Registration date : 2013-08-25

Post  frisky fox Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:11 am

innerlight wrote:
    frisky fox wrote:Interesting topic. I have heard of people using the main bathroom mirror, turning off all the lights and lighting a small candle... I think the candle is supposed to be located behind the person. Then as they gaze into the mirror, they most likely will observe their face changing, or so we were told... I haven't tried this .

I've been using a red tinted bulb in a light. It allows a soft enough gaze to not be too bright, and not be too dark.

How does it develop clairvoyance? When you soften your eyes into a gaze, your eyes stop trying and your minds eye takes over to allow you to see.
    thanx for your reply , nice idea on the colored light bulb
    SoulSurge
    SoulSurge

Female
    Number of posts : 118
    Registration date : 2013-10-12

Post  SoulSurge Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:43 am

I am very interested in hearing the outcome.

Also, is this related to the sleep over scary stories where you look in the mirror and chant a name?  If so, I've done this when I was a very, VERY, stupid kid.  About 9 or 10 years old a friend and I did that to a bathroom mirror.  I was never so scared in my life.  Her mother called a friend whom came right over and was burning sage and rubbing the mirror with something and I remember my friend and I had to sit outside and we talked about it.  I was scared, she thought it was "so cool!"
    eyeopen
    eyeopen

Number of posts : 1380
    Registration date : 2012-04-03

Post  eyeopen Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:39 am

innerlight wrote:
    eyeopen wrote:Hi one i know washing hands grounds you but what about coffee? lol.

Wearing contacts may be a little bit of a challenge.. I have found, not a full open eye stare, but a half open half closed gaze to work the best. Otherwise it's more blur than anything.
    I know and I dont take them off when I meditate now I use to before, but I dont now as it costs too much! lol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:04 pm