Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
frisky fox
zach
Aliunas
Lovinthejourney
nova_spirit
Squatchit
innerlight
gwenddydd
Violet
13 posters

A Standard Mirror ~ Not for Everyone

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

A Standard Mirror ~ Not for Everyone - Page 2 Empty A Standard Mirror ~ Not for Everyone

Post  Violet Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

Not for the feint hearted, some (especially newbies to the spiritual) can be alarmed by what they see when doing this so caution is advised, please place basic protection around you and if you feel the slightest bit uncomfortable stop doing it and go and make a cup of tea which will help to 'ground' you.

Do a very basic breathing exercise (there's one on the forum somewhere) and settle yourself as though preparing for a meditation.

Stand a couple of feet away from the mirror so that you can see your head and shoulders clearly.

Gaze softly into your eyes for as long as is comfortable.

When you have finished do something such as making a cup of tea or washing your hands to ground you.

You may experience a number of things when doing this such as:

Darkening of the face
    Face blurring or appearing to alter slightly.
    Eyes appearing to change colour or shape.
    Shadows or mists appearing around you.
    Seeing colours around you.
    Seeing small lights or orbs.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    eyeopen
    eyeopen

Number of posts : 1380
    Registration date : 2012-04-03

A Standard Mirror ~ Not for Everyone - Page 2 Empty Re: A Standard Mirror ~ Not for Everyone

Post  eyeopen Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:41 am

SoulSurge wrote:I am very interested in hearing the outcome.

Also, is this related to the sleep over scary stories where you look in the mirror and chant a name?  If so, I've done this when I was a very, VERY, stupid kid.  About 9 or 10 years old a friend and I did that to a bathroom mirror.  I was never so scared in my life.  Her mother called a friend whom came right over and was burning sage and rubbing the mirror with something and I remember my friend and I had to sit outside and we talked about it.  I was scared, she thought it was "so cool!"
    I remeber at school people use to go into the toilets and shout Candyman and run out, lol. I never got it as I never saw the film.

I also believe if one obsesses over these kind of things you make yourself prone to it. In your head etc.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:39 am