Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
zerdini
SpiritVoices
PPrncpl7
Violet
Lynn
9 posters

Soul Mates

Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Soul Mates Empty Soul Mates

Post  Lynn Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:50 am

Soul Mates

Where to begin with this topic might well depend on where one chooses to read. It means many a level of things in many a culture or personal belief.
    If one is to look at who we are as the beings we are in the body. Some would say we are “individual” we are of one mind and of one body. I so feel we are that yes but to we are more we are interconnected to one another and to the Universe but too deeper maybe than even that we too are connected to the inter dimensions of the Universe. In saying that what is a Soul Mate ?

On the first and most common level it is a person that one connects to on a deep emotional level. This usually be a mate. The one that ye seek to find and spend one’s life with . It is that person the is said to complete one. Often it is someone that one can talk to about anything and everything.

This might well be that this person runs on the same vibrations that ye do. So the Soul feels a connection to what almost feels like self. Many often talk of it feeling like one has known the other forever. This might well be true in a sense one might well have shared in past lives together. Not necessarily though as a romantic interest one might well have been family. So that bond is there from that karma.

Too a Soul Mate can be someone that is in friendship one feels this attraction too but there is NO romantic interests there at all or feelings. In these cases one often knows that they have shared in past lives with each other and it is like a Soul reunion of the two. it’s a connection the brings comfort as one has found someone that understands them. It often feels like a journey has found a conclusion.

Too it be said that “opposites attract” and in the case of a Soul Mate in the romantic image that is not what one seeks to find. Often in finding the opposite frequency to one it is there one finds a Soul Mate.

Where did the ideal of a Soul mate arise from ? For this one has to travel to the times of Greek mythology. The first documenting story is in Plato’s Symposium. In this writing Plato examines the purpose of the nature of LOVe. It is said to have been written to shed light on the sexual behaviors of life in Ancient Athens.
    Plato thought that the Soul Mate is a “persons other half” . In his writings he talks about the Soul being split apart in search of completion by one’s other half. One is seeking another to become whole in life.

Where the idea often breaks down that the one that one finds to be their Soul Mate does not stay the course with one is in that many a time what one seeks is perfection. To me there be no such thing as perfection. Often one thinks that the Soul Mate can protect and take care of them. This too is not always the case. One is an individual and that being said is on a growth path as that individual. We are all interconnected but too individual.
    Soul Mates can be friends of the same sex, or opposite sex, a parent or child, siblings other relationship partnerships.

One is said to have four emotional needs. One is to be LOVe and be LOVed , a positives self image need, need for balance in personal and private space. To have self control, the need for security. This is often what we seek to find in a Soul Mate.
    I have a MATE not me Soul Mate not one I can share me with but a mate. Choose from the animal instincts we still have on that level of provider and breeding stock.

Too I have a Soul Mate in a friend that I have shared many a past life with but never as lovers. At times Mother and child, but always great friends. One that can “read” me very being. Too one that holds a huge trust for me and me for them.

Lynn

Last edited by Lynn on Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spacing form Paste)
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Soul Mates Empty Re: Soul Mates

Post  Violet Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:54 am

Hi Lynn that was interesting, as are so many of your posts, thank you for all you've posted here Soul Mates 21581

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn Tue May 04, 2010 6:19 pm

Hello

Here is the Twin Flames part that goes with the Soul Mates......I will add Soul Families to this .

Twin Flames

What is a Twin Flame that can mean many a definition depending on where one chooses to read. For some its is a connection to self in an inter dimensional higher vibration plane. Where the Soul one is splits into two, into the opposite sex that one is . It is a connection that is found with “true self”.

Too it can be similar to what one calls a Soul Mate. In the Soul Mate relationship thought it is said the be family they are related along the past lives lived paths. This is too not always one’s mate. The Twin Flame is said to be a rare connection between a couple that we have but ONE Twin out there for us. The Twin when found completes the half of us that splits. It is said to be our mirror image.

Why does one find a Twin most times that is to do service. It is a path of healings and clearing of past issues. Often what one finds in one’s twin is the opposite of self that other side of self. One might well have a Twin that be outgoing and self assured while one is shy and inwards. One will offer to the other a path of learning’s and growth and the one offering the learning’s will gain exercise in teaching.

Too is a Twin Flame always a mate sought I question in that as do many. I have a Twin Flame and he not be a mate, yes he completes that other side of me but NO he would never be me mate. We have shared in past lives and we share the bond of being able to “read” full on each other. Why the re connection is known to us I was to save him on his life path as he once protected me. Karma pays back at times.

We all ask the same “Is this the one” the one for me. The one is not always a lifetime one but we at times in cultures are conditioned that it be one mate for one life. We fail at times to see that life paths and goals change and that we are “animals” those drives are still there. If we are indeed from Apes one has to just look to the fact that one male rules many females and mates with them all the dominate male rules.
    Too at times we have “messengers” enter our lives. These are one’s that enter our lives for synchronicity meaning that something is gained by both people in equal balance. These people often enter our lives at times of emotional struggles and we can mistake them for more than what they be there for. At times that balance be enough to make things work and one stays a unit. I have that situation.

The “messenger ” meeting might well be one that ye never meet on the physical plane. More and more of this type of connection has been found with the computer age opening the doors of communications . Often if a meeting happens what is there in the non physical is not there in the physical. Or at times of the meeting one will think there be more and fall to a mating that does not last.

Lynn

PPrncpl7

Male
    Number of posts : 418
    Job/hobbies : Retired teacher of Mathematics
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Soul Mates Empty soulmates

Post  PPrncpl7 Tue May 04, 2010 10:09 pm

Hi lynn
    too often end in sadness! have read so many posts about twin flames and soulmates--was moved to write this 'ode'
    Peter
    will find it and post it
    PPrncpl7

Male

Soul Mates Empty soulmates

Post  PPrncpl7 Tue May 04, 2010 10:18 pm

Have found it
    SOUL MATES

Two people lost in life’s foul grind,
    Soul mates each, how did they find
    Each other in this busy life,
    He a husband, she a wife.

Both a parent to a child,
    Both feeling lost and often wild,
    Unhappy in their ordered lives,
    He to find solace into a bottle dives.

True love is blind, it cannot see,
    Its secret lies in purity,
    Can these two a future make,
    Their lives asunder will have to break!

How could it be that these two met,
    Only through the wonder of the net.
    Filled with spirit of both kinds,
    He surfed the waves and his soul mate finds.

Their story continues at a pace,
    Each other they will eventually face.
    Till that moment, with a courage bold,
    Only spirit, the future, can unfold.

TO BE CONTINUED
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Tue May 04, 2010 10:58 pm

That's really beautiful Peter thanks for sharing Soul Mates 21581

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn Tue May 04, 2010 11:46 pm

Hello Peter

WOW that was so nice. I can relate to some said there too. Me mate had issues the "bottle" and I stayed by his side on the journey past all of those dark days and nights. To have the life free from that we now do with the kids we now have.

Lynn
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:40 pm

I couldn't say whether I have ever found a soul mate like what is described above.
    That could mean an enduring love,through all time.
    It sounds like a perfect love,where two people meet and never want to part.
    I don't think I would be good enough for a love like that.
    He would have to be an exceptional man.

Joanie
    zerdini

Male
    Number of posts : 611
    Registration date : 2011-01-28

Post  zerdini Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:15 pm

Silver Birch On Affinities or Soul-Mates

Some of you will discover that you are affinities. Although you are two people you are two halves of one individuality. When that happens in your world, it brings with it a richness that cannot be measured in terms of material wealth. Affinities are the facets of the diamond. These are difficult matters to explain.

Persons are persons so far as your world is concerned, but you cannot separate spiritual individuality in the same way. There are, for example, affinities, two kindred halves of the one soul, and sometimes they incarnate at the same time.

There are aspects of affection, devotion, the desire to service maternal instincts, which are believed to be love, but the real love, that only comes once to each man or woman, whether on earth or in the world of spirit, is always reciprocal. The problem [of unreciprocated love] does not arise, for in our world, in the fullness of time, each finds the half of its own being.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:55 pm

zerdini wrote:Silver Birch On Affinities or Soul-Mates

Some of you will discover that you are affinities. Although you are two people you are two halves of one individuality. When that happens in your world, it brings with it a richness that cannot be measured in terms of material wealth. Affinities are the facets of the diamond. These are difficult matters to explain.

Persons are persons so far as your world is concerned, but you cannot separate spiritual individuality in the same way. There are, for example, affinities, two kindred halves of the one soul, and sometimes they incarnate at the same time.

There are aspects of affection, devotion, the desire to service maternal instincts, which are believed to be love, but the real love, that only comes once to each man or woman, whether on earth or in the world of spirit, is always reciprocal. The problem [of unreciprocated love] does not arise, for in our world, in the fullness of time, each finds the half of its own being.

'Two kindred halves of the one soul'.
    How do we know who the other half is?
    zerdini

Male

Post  zerdini Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:41 pm

It's in the quote - ..................... 'in the fullness of time, each finds the half of its own being.'
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:44 pm

zerdini wrote:It's in the quote - ..................... 'in the fullness of time, each finds the half of its own being.'

It's that 'ginger hair' isn't it?
    Oh God!
    Soul Mates 45824
    zerdini

Male

Post  zerdini Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:11 pm

I put it down to Old Timers Disease! Soul Mates 902775
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:45 pm

zerdini wrote:I put it down to Old Timers Disease! Soul Mates 902775

Soul Mates 79950
    Truthseeker57
    Truthseeker57

Female
    Number of posts : 19
    Job/hobbies : Non-profit fundraiser
    Registration date : 2011-01-14

Soul Mates Empty Soul Mates

Post  Truthseeker57 Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:12 am

Great posts. I have come to believe that often we have more than one soul mate while our earthly spirit travels. They come into our lives when we need them -- to learn and grow. It can be disheartening when we become disallusioned with our 'current' soul mate and what we thought would be changes. I am currently experiencing it myself and it is crushing and painful and sad. This is our human soul that we must feel. But I trust in Universal Spirit Light to guide me through knowing that I will have grown and can share my new truths with others.

Trust the process. You will be healed. Thank you for sharing.

grateful always,
    Truthseeker57
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:18 am

Truthseeker57 wrote:Great posts. I have come to believe that often we have more than one soul mate while our earthly spirit travels. They come into our lives when we need them -- to learn and grow. It can be disheartening when we become disallusioned with our 'current' soul mate and what we thought would be changes. I am currently experiencing it myself and it is crushing and painful and sad. This is our human soul that we must feel. But I trust in Universal Spirit Light to guide me through knowing that I will have grown and can share my new truths with others.

Trust the process. You will be healed. Thank you for sharing.

grateful always,
    Truthseeker57

you are so right!
    We meet people throughout our lives.
    We trust,then find out they are not as perfect as they make themselves to be.
    The trust goes,but we learn a lesson through this and are careful who we trust next time round.
    Joanie
    Blackcrow
    Blackcrow

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Blackcrow Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:26 pm

Soul Mates 577431 So true truthseeker,

Namaste
    PPrncpl7

Male

Post  PPrncpl7 Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:01 pm

Hi
    I have just re-read this topic and realise that my post last may was incomplete-I gave Soul Mates part 1 and have never posted part2. I do so now
    SOULMATES CONTINUED

So, the Soul Mates threw off life’s dull grind,

To live forever at each other’s side,

The dream was sweet, but reality better,

He blessed the day that he had met her.

Lazy days were spent in bliss,

He was hers and she was his,

She was happy just to be beside,

The one who made her feel alive.

They lay together in the woods,

In a special place that they both loved,

And walked together by the sea,

Happy, at last and, finally, free.

But guilt crept into their carefree minds,

For those whom they had left behind,

Those in despair at being spurned,

So, to their duty, they returned.

Returned once more to life’s dull grind,

Duller than before and colder this time,

They had tasted true love’s kiss,

And nothing now came close to this.

They never saw each other again,

Time wore off most of the pain,

They lived in perfect complacency,

As examples of honour and decency.

But Soul Mates – they can never part,

Each one joined to the other’s heart,

By a silver cord, so strong and true,

Not life, not death, can break in two.

Spirit brought them together to be as one,

The cord can never be undone,

With their souls, to each other, they still speak,

And say ‘Until death – until death we meet’.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:15 pm

That is lovely,my idea of soulmates.
    Soul Mates 21581
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:53 am

What do soul mates actually accomplish through their lives?
    What is the magic of these people that draws them together?
    Is is personalilty?
    Is it an attraction?
    Is it something spiritual?
    Sometimes I do not understand this.
    Sometimes I connect with a person,feel drawn to them and don't really like them.
    Joanie
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female
    Number of posts : 989

Post  sparkly Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:18 am

I have a MATE not me Soul Mate not one I can share me with but a mate. Choose from the animal instincts we still have on that level of provider and breeding stock. - lynn
    you kill me lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll Soul Mates 809779 Soul Mates 809779 Soul Mates 809779 Soul Mates 809779 Soul Mates 809779 Soul Mates 809779 Soul Mates 809779 Soul Mates 809779 Soul Mates 809779 Soul Mates 809779 Soul Mates 809779
    stop it, or i'll go blind. Soul Mates 368832
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:33 am

Soul Mates 809779 Soul Mates 809779 Soul Mates 809779
    Soul mates? On further thoughts on this subject,Not sure if I have ever met one yet!
    I'll let you know when I do!
    Soul Mates 619524
    Joanie xx
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:29 pm

sparkly wrote:I have a MATE not me Soul Mate not one I can share me with but a mate. Choose from the animal instincts we still have on that level of provider and breeding stock. - lynn
    you kill me lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll Soul Mates 809779 Soul Mates 809779 Soul Mates 809779 Soul Mates 809779 Soul Mates 809779 Soul Mates 809779 Soul Mates 809779 Soul Mates 809779 Soul Mates 809779 Soul Mates 809779 Soul Mates 809779
    stop it, or i'll go blind. Soul Mates 368832

Hello

Well its TRUE. When I read on what a Soul Mate is on that level of the person tha completes ye , the person that ye feel so connected to there is not parting ye. The person that can complete at times what one is thinking. THAT is not me mate.
    He is the opposite to me on so many levels . He is very much turned OFF to the Medium aspects and Spiritual aspects of life. Supports me on that path yes, but I can not talk to him on much of it as he simply does not get it . Most if they find a true Soul Mate find that person that shares in the same paths and interests. They go along the same Spiriual Paths and grow with them.
    Me mate had the qualites I so like in a male image. I still wonder what such a strikingly handsom man wanted from the NERD I was....he simply says he say whom I could be. Looking back at the High School one's that took an intest in me ICKY ! NOTHING that set of that interest in me.

We have been with eachother 30 year's on March 10th. Never married in the Chuch sense of the word, so when 25 year's came along he asked what date we should use. I told him that we could use the one I lost me virgnity to him. That was March 10th. He laughed and goes OK that is a day to remember BUT can ye look one's in the face and say that is WHY we are using March 10th. WELL I did Sunday in Church, we were talking on LOVe . That was in a way a day of LOVe I claimed me mate for life.

Lynn
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:08 pm

Or have I met him?
    I think I have but depends whether he feels the same as me.
    PPrncpl7

Male

Post  PPrncpl7 Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:47 pm

Hi Joanie
    Sorry dear lady but if you have met -you WILL know!
    Please do not dispair that you have not--my own experience and hundreds of others who have posted here and elsewhere will tell you that a Soul Mate here on the earth plane creates only grief! We are not emotionally capable of coping with it!
    Or maybe some of us ARE--they that can cope do not post on here or on any other site!
    PPLL n L dear lady
    Peter

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:13 pm