Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Tomblues
mia
Zero
shayn
Violet
9 posters

Do you wear your heart on your sleeve?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Do you wear your heart on your sleeve? Empty Do you wear your heart on your sleeve?

Post  Violet Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:58 am

Do you find this makes you more approachable /friendly/down to earth if you do, or do you find it leaves you wide open to people trating you badly and hurting you?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Do you wear your heart on your sleeve? Empty Re: Do you wear your heart on your sleeve?

Post  shayn Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:25 am

i guess it is a bit of both. but with time i understood that i prefer to be this way and get hurt then turn into a bitter person or someone who is emotionaly numb.

S
    Zero
    Zero

Female
    Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Do you wear your heart on your sleeve? Empty Re: Do you wear your heart on your sleeve?

Post  Zero Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:41 am

I think I am very open up to a point, but after that I am very shut off. It wasn't intentional but I can't see it changing, self preservation and all that Do you wear your heart on your sleeve? 368832
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:38 am

Zero wrote:I think I am very open up to a point, but after that I am very shut off. It wasn't intentional but I can't see it changing, self preservation and all that Do you wear your heart on your sleeve? 368832

it can change if you like it to change. still you don't need to totaly open to everyone..

more and more i come to think that secrets or things we hold dear that we don't share with others becouse if others know about them they can hurt us, it is we giving others the power to hurt us as we give these thoughts or emotions the power to hurt us... not sure if i'm clear about it.. but there is some logic there i'm sure Do you wear your heart on your sleeve? 368832
    mia
    mia

Female
    Number of posts : 1741
    Job/hobbies : Carer Support Worker
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

Post  mia Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:07 pm

I am usually very open, depends on what it is I am going through at the time.
    And the mood of those I am with, as to whether I will share or not.
    If one I am with is in a happy mood, no way will I offload onto her/him.
    Same if she/he is feeling down her/his self.
    This applies to a board too.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:20 pm

It's been interesting following this thread, thamnks for sharing i'm fairly open online but I always feel the need to keep a fair part of me back, offline i'm a very closed private person.

Tomblues
    Tomblues

Number of posts : 59
    Registration date : 2010-10-19

Post  Tomblues Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:01 am

Violet wrote:It's been interesting following this thread, thamnks for sharing i'm fairly open online but I always feel the need to keep a fair part of me back, offline i'm a very closed private person.

wide open for me
    "very closed private person"...me too...
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:50 am

Hi Tomblues, (may I call you Tom?) do you think it could be a protection thing being so closed and private, is it from past experiences, or is it just in our nature, what do you think? Do you wear your heart on your sleeve? 821538 I wonder sometimes if it could be in part down to our parents, one of mine is an extremely private person.

skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:21 pm

When I was young lol, my mum used to always tell me to stop wearing my heart on my sleeve. At that age I didn't understand what she was referring to, I didn't consider myself as being any different to my brothers and sister. When it did dawn on me, I began to learn how to control my emotions so I wouldn't be physically affected by other people's circumstances. I honestly believe this helped with my mediumship as well as my life.
    Tomblues
    Tomblues

Post  Tomblues Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:29 am

Yes Tom is fine.
    Skye and Violet, yes I think your both correct, it is from past experiences and I think we are selfconscius as well. I am afraid to let people feel embarrased for something they did and I will go out of my way to prevent them feeling that way and put it ON MYSELF as well, but if I fell embarrased I will hide. Do you wear your heart on your sleeve? 160943
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:04 pm

I am afraid to let people feel embarrased for something

This is a horrible position to be in, especially when someone is deliberately embarrassing that person, I try to shift the attention away from them, change the conversation, or distract the other people, it is ten times worse when the person is someone who professes to love the one they are embarrasing so publicly, why do people do that...

Tomblues
    Tomblues

Post  Tomblues Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:37 am

It is just bad human behavior, I think they like to watch others get hurt so THAT person will feel better to THEMSELVES! An evil so crude but hidden by double talk. How many people have we all worked with or for that act that way? It is even worse than passing the buck. Instead, they pass their shame onto you, and make others think its that persons fault, not thiers.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:25 am

I think they like to watch others get hurt so THAT person will feel better to THEMSELVES!

Hi Tom I think you're right and that they do it to cover their own insecurities.

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:34 pm

Violet wrote:Do you find this makes you more approachable /friendly/down to earth if you do, or do you find it leaves you wide open to people trating you badly and hurting you?
    Not on your life!  That would leave me wide open to the world.

I prefer to remain quiet in my own thoughts.... :grin:
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:53 pm

Violet wrote:It's been interesting following this thread, thamnks for sharing i'm fairly open online but I always feel the need to keep a fair part of me back, offline i'm a very closed private person.
    Much the same as I am,Violet.....sometimes I feel I need to be quiet but on certain occasions I need to open my mouth........ :naughty:
    Bool
    Bool

Female
    Number of posts : 16
    Job/hobbies : IT
    Registration date : 2014-10-02

Post  Bool Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:54 pm

I don't express anything openly - not my feelings, not my beliefs, and not my worries - and people still seem to take a liking to me here and there. I've had multiple people sit down and start talking to me about personal problems. In one case a stranger I'd met that night at the house party, and in another a classmate I'd never spoken to outside of class. 

I just don't like people involved with my emotions, and I don't have the joy of sharing that others do. I don't want to be soothed, comforted, and hugged, except by my boyfriend, my parents, or a few close friends if I'm upset or stressed.

When it comes to being taken advantage of, I just had to learn how to be cruel. I don't listen to people's problems anymore. I used to think that I was doing people a favor by providing them a safe space and someone to bounce ideas off, but all I was really teaching them to do was not take responsibility for managing their own emotions, depression, tragedies, etc. There's no incompatibility between not wearing your heart on your sleeve and being able to connect to the world around you. I still consider myself an extraordinarily sensitive... just no longer sharing it.

It doesn't bother me as much as it used to, but it's always disappointing to see that a new friendship is becoming "that kind" of friendship and to have to back off or cut it off entirely.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Bool
    Bool

Female
    Number of posts : 16
    Job/hobbies : IT
    Registration date : 2014-10-02

Post  Bool Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:40 am

jcam@sii wrote:hi - welcome is just about. new member - your welcome your stay .. .

-------------
    what makes you comfortable all from you - don't settle for pains in the butt, actually score the lights out in positive curl and get honor rolled - hold up style. 'heart on sleave is a dwarf - is ok with being a dwarf? no prob - we just exigent too too .. .'

Thank you.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 7:48 am